Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 11-04-2011   #81
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72917 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The "Should I do this trade thread"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
I'm pretty sure I can get him straight up. The concussions though are a little troubling. As far as I know he could not even play this year. Decisions...
Why would you trade for a player who has concussion issues? Do you really want to lose a constantly productive Benson for a guy who may not even come back this year?
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #82
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 72917 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
However a guy is offering me Torain for Benson. Benson is really a steady guy to have in the lineup for 7-12 points, but Torain is in a more legit rushing offense and is all potential right now.

What do you guys think? He could also be a keeper.
They are talking about Torain not even starting this week. Be glad you didnt trade for him.
Old 11-04-2011   #83
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw View Post
Should I take an offer of

Chris Johnson and Dwyane Bowe
for
Shonn Greene, Daniel Thomas, and Jordy Nelson

?!?

My Rb's are Ray Rice, Darren McFadden, Michael Bush, Shonn Greene, & Daniel Thomas.

My Wr's are Larry Fitz, Hakeem Nicks, Jordy Nelson, Darrius Heyward-Bey
Chris Johnson is worthless. Bowe is hot and cold, and you already have Fitz, Nicks and Nelson.

You need Green in case McFadden foot issue doesnt go away.

I say hold your cards.
Old 11-04-2011   #84
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Why would you trade for a player who has concussion issues? Do you really want to lose a constantly productive Benson for a guy who may not even come back this year?
When he comes back, his scores should be off the charts. Also, I have Jonathan Stewart and Mark Ingram on my bench. I can use one of those guys or a wr, which I have James jones and crabtree.

I think it's worth the risk
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #85
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Chris Johnson is worthless. Bowe is hot and cold, and you already have Fitz, Nicks and Nelson.

You need Green in case McFadden foot issue doesnt go away.

I say hold your cards.
Thanks. I prefer Bush though should McFadden's foot not heal like they think. Bush is better, IMO, than Greene.

Michael Bush that is.
Old 11-04-2011   #86
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Thanks. I prefer Bush though should McFadden's foot not heal like they think. Bush is better, IMO, than Greene.

Michael Bush that is.
Your call. Having Bush definitely gives yo some options. I just dont like CJ2.9.
Old 11-04-2011   #87
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2778 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Michael Bush that is.
Its a no-brainer for you then. I look at the trade in 2 parts. Statistically the major pieces are Greene/Nelson for Bowe. Greene was a fantasy bust last year and was one all this year until the last few weeks. Since you prefer Bush to Greene and already have Bush, it's basically Nelson for Bowe. I would take that 10/10 times. Nelson unfortunately plays in a GB offense that spreads the ball around. He's nice to have but is not a keeper IMO. The keepers on that offense are Jennings and Finley outside of Rodgers of course. Bowe gets way more opportunities to put up numbers

The second half of the trade is Thomas for CJ2.8. I liked Thomas going into the season and stashed him on as many of my rosters that I could, because he offered you that sleeper rookie upside. He's been injured too much to hang on too now and is basically a waiver-wire juggler. CJ2.8 is playing like trash but he still has a massive upside and can be a huge trade asset if he starts turning it around.
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #88
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Agreed above. This guy wanted to give me CJ for a ham sandwich. I wasn't even hungry and still held onto my sandwich!
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011   #89
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I give:
Vincent Jackson
Willis McGahee

I get:
AJ Green
Ben Tate

I'm 8-1 and McGahee is on my bench. Vjax is so inconsistent that I have been starting Colston in his place lately. I'm looking at the week 15/16 playoff matchups and check this out:
VJax - vs Balt and @Detroit
AJ Green - @ STL and vs Arizona

That's all I'm looking at. My RBs are Ray Rice, Fred Jackson and Michael Turner. Not benching those guys for McGahee unless there is an injury. What do you think?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read