Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Do you like it
Yes - Like it 14 38.89%
No - Don't like it 17 47.22%
Indifferent 5 13.89%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-01-2011   #21
House of Pain
Knee-jerkless

Section: 106
Rep Power: 7055 House of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Song - Red, White and Blue by @DreLadon

I think the lyrics are better because you don't mention players names, however, I don't think the beat is 'catchy' or 'mainstream' enough to really catch the attention of most of the fan base. I will say it sounds way more Houston than DreLadon's song, and it's actually constructed like a song that could last longer than 2 offseasons.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong, based on the 'play it safe' ways of Bobby McNair.
House of Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #22
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

Rep Power: 76 Texanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respected

El Tejano, I like it! I think it would be fun to hear it played at the game, but it's not easy enough to chant, example the Luv ya blu song! New Orleans has a cool deal they do! They flash the words on their big screens and it's chanted in sections like this:

We are coming
To
Get
YOU!

It gets louder and louder! I loved it! It's short enough and easy and the place stands up and screams it really! I wish we had something just as simple as that!
Texanfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #23
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
I've been dying to get 610 to listen to my Texans Rap Song. Anyone listened to it yet:

http://www.myspace.com/eltejanoakarickyd

Nick Scurfield got it from me once and he liked it enough to send it up. I even got an official email that said thanks but we aren't asking for outside submissions.

Let me know what yall think.
I like it better than that RedWhite&thatBlue song..... but rap is not my thing.
Old 11-01-2011   #24
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanfan4ever View Post
They flash the words on their big screens and it's chanted in sections like this:

We are coming
To
Get
YOU!

It gets louder and louder! I loved it! It's short enough and easy and the place stands up and screams it really! I wish we had something just as simple as that!
That song for NO's wasn't made specifically for them, but I get what you're saying...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #25
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 56944 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

I liked it then and now..............

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...86#post1801086

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #26
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 68059 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
I've been dying to get 610 to listen to my Texans Rap Song. Anyone listened to it yet:

http://www.myspace.com/eltejanoakarickyd

Nick Scurfield got it from me once and he liked it enough to send it up. I even got an official email that said thanks but we aren't asking for outside submissions.

Let me know what yall think.
That is a hundred times better than that red white and that blue! The lyrics are bad ass IMO! Good job man! Good luck with it.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #27
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 23727 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Horrible "song". If anyone would call it that.
Old 11-03-2011   #28
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by asleep View Post
Look out football, here we come,
Houston Texans, number one.
Houston has the Texans, the greatest football team.
We take the ball from goal to goal like no one's ever seen.
We're in the air, we're on the ground ... always in control
And when you say the Texans, you're talking Super Bowl.
'Cause we're the Houston Texans, Houston Texans, Houston Texans, Number One.
Yes, we're the Houston Texans, Houston Texans, Houston Texans, Number One.
We've got the offense.
We've got the defense.
We give the other team no hope. 'Cause we're the Houston Texans, Houston Texans,
You know we're gonna hold the rope.
We should leave that song in the past....with the Oilers...It was what it was.......Oiler fight song....and still Dolphin fight song....
Time to move one .....
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011   #29
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 116519 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

It's not as bad as Clay Walkers song, but it will do.
Old 11-03-2011   #30
Bull Butter
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Bull Butter is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Butter is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Butter is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Butter is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Butter is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Butter is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Butter is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Butter is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Butter is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Butter is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Butter is a quality contributor and well respected

There's nothing wrong with Clay Walker's song. It wasn't meant to be a "fight song". Some people don't like it simply because Clay's a Country singer.

People have different musical tastes and probably won't agree on any song.
Bull Butter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011   #31
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rush2112mn View Post
We should leave that song in the past....with the Oilers...It was what it was.......Oiler fight song....and still Dolphin fight song....
Time to move one .....
I was thinking more in the line of dying a horrible death instead of merely meekly staying in the past.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011   #32
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 119538 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't like pro teams having fight songs. I don't know why, well, with the possible exception that every last one I have ever heard in my entire lifetime sucks to Kingdom Come.

Leave the fight songs for colleges, they just don't have a place in pro sports.
Old 11-03-2011   #33
Bull Butter
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Bull Butter is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Butter is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Butter is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Butter is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Butter is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Butter is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Butter is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Butter is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Butter is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Butter is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Butter is a quality contributor and well respected

I actually like "Hail to the Redskins" and sing it out loud when they're beating the Clownboys
Bull Butter is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read