Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-02-2011   #1
Heath Shuler
maybe not

Section: 521
Rep Power: 34640 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans super fan

Texans' Super Bowl tattoo

Quote:
Chris Brown, who lives in Midland, is a die-hard Texans fan. And, based on this photo, he’s very optimistic about the Texans season.

A close-up of Chris Brown's tattoo.

Chris attended his first Texans game on Sunday when they beat the Jaguars. He compared the experience of being at the game to “a kid in a candy store.” As for the tattoo, he had the shadowing added behind the Roman numerals so he wouldn’t be able to change it, regardless of the season’s outcome. It’s a story, he says, he’ll gladly tell for years to come.

I first met Chris when he randomly showed up at CBS Radio’s Houston offices, where SportsRadio610 – the home of the Texans – is located. He wanted to complete his trip to Houston by meeting those who broadcast the games. He says that he and the other people in his Midland-based company love the Texans, despite living in an area that some still consider to be Cowboys country.

Super Bowl XLVI will be played in Indianapolis on Feb. 5, 2012. The Texans (5-3) are 3-0 in the AFC South and are projected to make the playoffs by winning the division.

Getting ink done is a serious decision, and I’m all for it if that’s what you want to do. I’m definitely impressed with his optimism for the Texans season; but, then again, it’s not my arm.

Chris said something his new favorite player had said gave him the idea to get the tattoo.

“Danieal Manning – he’s my favorite Texans player,” Chris said. “He inspired me to get the tattoo. I read where he said,’You can’t go to the Super Bowl if you don’t think Super Bowl’.”

This fan isn’t just imagining any Texans Super Bowl victory. He needs it to be pretty immediate.

Would you or anybody else you know make such a prediction in such a bold manner?

Hope he is right

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #2
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans super fan

Homes took a beating on Sean Pendergast's show today!! Getting a tatt like that is akin to talking to a pitcher during a no-hitter. Yeah, yeah, I know the Texans aren't throwing a no-hitter, but you get the idea. #Superstitious

What I find interesting is that he's from Midland, definitely 'Gurls country.
Old 11-03-2011   #3
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Oh No He Di-Int!!!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...rn=nfl-wp11005

Shoddy work too.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011   #4
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Oh No He Di-Int!!!!

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86550
Old 11-03-2011   #5
Big Lou
"NUK-LEAR"

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 19346 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Did the guy really have to be named Chris Brown????? You know thats gonna bite us in the ass!!!!!!
Old 11-03-2011   #6
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 12831 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
Did the guy really have to be named Chris Brown????? You know thats gonna bite us in the ass!!!!!!
Actually, that might change the fortune. Think about it.
Old 11-03-2011   #7
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19489 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
As for the tattoo, he had the shadowing added behind the Roman numerals so he wouldn’t be able to change it, regardless of the season’s outcome
That's BS. He can add two more I's at the end. So technically, we just need to win one of next 3 superbowls.

No pressure.
Old 11-03-2011   #8
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 78404 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
That's BS. He can add two more I's at the end. So technically, we just need to win one of next 3 superbowls.

No pressure.
Only if you're talking BEFORE the season is over...other wise he can get all the way up to XLIV
Old 11-03-2011   #9
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 16963 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

That is one hard core fan for sure.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011   #10
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 32564 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

It looks fake to me. That is a fresh shave in the tat area but the skin is not red or irritated. Also the tat will peal the top layer of dead skin after a few days.

IMO it looks airbrushed.

But I could be wrong. Won't be the first time.

TEXANRED is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011   #11
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1035 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
“Danieal Manning – he’s my favorite Texans player,” Chris said. “He inspired me to get the tattoo. I read where he said,’You can’t go to the Super Bowl if you don’t think Super Bowl’.”
I'm sorry, but this seems like total b.s. to me. Manning has been great and all, but to not even be haflway through his first season here (a season in which he has played well but hasn't dominated), to say he's your favorite? Not saying he's a liar, but that's pretty odd. There's also something about the logo itself that gives it that "temporary tattoo" look, but I can't put my finger on it.

Likewise, that tattoo is so laughably bad it seems like it can only be that bad on purpose. At the very least, even a bad tattoo artist would have made a better effort of centering the "Super Bowl" text, since it was also done with all text underneath. It really looks to me as though someone is trying to make us Texans fans look like idiots, that's my honest opinion.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011   #12
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 87412 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
NO!!! NOT DO DO BROWN, what's next, that's not his arm but his tramp stamp?

And not only should he hope they win it all this season, but that the team never changes the logo.
Old 11-07-2011   #13
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I'm thinking about getting one. But I'll probably go Mike Tyson & get it tattooed across my face.
Old 01-16-2012   #14
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 13195 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Wonder what this guy is gonna do now
Old 01-16-2012   #15
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

You guys are usually pretty good at picking up on photoshop. That's fake as hell.
Old 01-16-2012   #16
Heath Shuler
maybe not

Rep Power: 34640 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

easy add I: XLVI becomes XLVII. He should be OK until 48 I guess.

The Highwaymen
Old 01-16-2012   #17
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 93649 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post

No pressure.
Doh' Beat me to it.
Old 01-21-2012   #18
Heath Shuler
maybe not

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairba...tattoo_guy.php

Quote:
When I asked Brown how he was processing the game as it went along, especially the final score, he said, "Honestly, I didn't even think about the tattoo. I just processed it like a normal game. In fact, the tattoo wasn't even on my mind until right after the game when my phone started blowing up, and my friends were calling me and texting me 'HA HA!'"

Nice friends, huh? Brown laughed and said,"Hey, if we can't pick on our friends, who can we pick on?"

Okay, so we established that the tattoo had become enough of a fixture to where he didn't obsess about it game in and game out. That's probably not a surprise, as Brown has many tattoos on his body ("A walking biography," he says. "Some I like, some I regret. Like life.") and the Texans tattoo essentially became like a new member of his tattoo family.

But it does say "SUPER BOWL XLVI." I mean, it's factually WRONG. So naturally, Brown is hoping the Texans win the whole thing in the next two years so he can add a Roman numeral "I" to the end of it and correct it, right?

Wrong.

"I specifically did the shading around the Roman numeral so it would represent THIS season. I can't add an 'I' to it, and I don't want to," Brown said.

The Highwaymen
Old 01-22-2012   #19
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 49619 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll give credit where credit is due, the artist did a bad ass job on the logo. That is one of the best ones I've seen.

As far as getting the tat with the SB part on it....dumb ASS!

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS BARATHEON PUSHED IT!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012   #20
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

lucky for him he still has a few shots to get it right he will just have to go pack and get a line added to the tat and would still be correct.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read