Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-02-2011   #1
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 43723 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default SI playoff prediction/projection

Just got the latest SI in the mail, flipping through it at 2nd job.

To the point;

AFC (seeding);
1-Steelers
2-Patriots
3-Texans "A healthy Arian Foster and a fiesty defense under Wade Phillips will push Houston into its first playoffs. (Assist to the injured Peyton Manning)"

So....thanks for the backhanded compliment.

4-Charges
5-Ravens
6-Bills

In the Wild Card round it predicts Bills defeat Houston; Ravens defeat Chargers.

It then predicts the Patriots beat the Packers in the Super Bowl 31-27.

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #2
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 10357 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: SI playoff prediction/projection

I dont think we lose to the bills at home.

Bold prediction though going with the pats over the pack.

Wonder if they got a tattoo of the super bowl 46 champion patriots?
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #3
TheDream34
Veteran

Rep Power: 557 TheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know, I still don't think the bills are legit. Improved, yes certainly, but a playoff team, not yet.
TheDream34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #4
jradMIT
Veteran

Rep Power: 4939 jradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know if the bills are legit either, but I am also very skeptical of the Patriots. If it weren't for the Tom Brady-Bellichick mystique, people might realize they are last in the league in defense, dead last. They have Molden getting meaningful PT for Christsakes. On top of it they really can't run the ball or get to the passer. Pittsburg I think has found the gameplan for beating them clog up the middle of the field and force them to go to their wide receivers other than Welker.
jradMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #5
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 12831 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Sorry, but if we saw BUF in round 1, we'd beat them senseless.
Old 11-02-2011   #6
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7237 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Buffalo's not legit?

Beat the crap out of KC
Beat Oakland (Texans lost to them, by the way)
Beat New England
Beat the Eagles
Blanked the Skins

That's at least as solid of a record as the Texans.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #7
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 61034 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
Buffalo's not legit?

Beat the crap out of KC
Beat New England
Beat the Eagles
Blanked the Skins

That means jack squat this season.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-02-2011   #8
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 7520 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Buffalo's not legit?

Beat the crap out of KC
Beat New England
Beat the Eagles
Blanked the Skins

Come back after they play a good Defense
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #9
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7237 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Awful lot of fan swagger in this thread.
Old 11-02-2011   #10
House of Pain
Knee-jerkless

Section: 106
Rep Power: 4027 House of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't know about you, but I think it's a welcome breath of fresh air
House of Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #11
Lucky

Rep Power: 103975 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This is the 9th week in franchise history that the Texans have stood 2 games over .500. We should act like we've been here before.

Now win versus the Browns and go 3 games over .500...we're talking parade.

Old 11-02-2011   #12
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #13
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Quote:
Originally Posted by House of Pain View Post
I don't know about you, but I think it's a welcome breath of fresh air
It's certainly nice to be looking forward to January rather than trying to figure out our draft slot and looking forward to April.

I suppose I'm just a little bit amazed at how quickly we've transitioned from that latter mode of thinking to counting our first round playoff victory as set in stone and characterizing other teams with identical records (and more wins against winning teams) as paper tigers.

But no problem. Carry on.
Old 11-02-2011   #14
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It's certainly nice to be looking forward to January rather than trying to figure out our draft slot and looking forward to April.

I suppose I'm just a little bit amazed at how quickly we've transitioned from that latter mode of thinking to counting our first round playoff victory as set in stone and characterizing other teams with identical records (and more wins against winning teams) as paper tigers.

But no problem. Carry on.
I gotta admit I've gotten a sip or two of the kewls aide. I.....can't....resist for some reason. Hell, we look like a good team for a change. There, I said it.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #15
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I gotta admit I've gotten a sip or two of the kewls aide. I.....can't....resist for some reason. Hell, we look like a good team for a change. There, I said it.
Haha! Good for you, brother.

I'm ready. I really am. I guess I'll be all in after a victory against the Browns and a 6-3 record. That record will finally get me drunk.
Old 11-02-2011   #16
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
Just got the latest SI in the mail, flipping through it at 2nd job.

To the point;

AFC (seeding);
1-Steelers
2-Patriots
3-Texans "A healthy Arian Foster and a fiesty defense under Wade Phillips will push Houston into its first playoffs. (Assist to the injured Peyton Manning)"

So....thanks for the backhanded compliment.

4-Charges
5-Ravens
6-Bills

In the Wild Card round it predicts Bills defeat Houston; Ravens defeat Chargers.

It then predicts the Patriots beat the Packers in the Super Bowl 31-27.

I hope to the Man upstairs that we are lucky enough to face the Bills in the first round. We are the better team and we will beat the crap out of them. This I am sure of.
Old 11-03-2011   #17
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 13195 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post
I hope to the Man upstairs that we are lucky enough to face the Bills in the first round. We are the better team and we will beat the crap out of them. This I am sure of.
I just have visions of Oilers/Bills ....

Oh and the perpetual Bills superbowl joke.

Boy
I
Love
Losing
Superbowls
Old 11-03-2011   #18
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 43723 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I'm with ya man. I've allowed myself a sip here and there lately. I been criticizing them for a while now and it has been refreshing to sip the drank again lol.

I'm not full bore counting W's on the upcoming schedule yet like some fans, but I am getting excited.

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read