Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-02-2011   #41
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Elephant in the room (Kubiak's November record)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
It says something when the head coach loses his authority to pick his own staff. It says more that immediately someone else makes the best coaching staff decision of the Kubiak era.

Do the Texans now have a more subtle version of the Cowboys organization structure?
Does it matter what the organization structure is as long as the structure works?

Owners and GMs frequently force Head Coaches to sacrifice coordinators. Sometimes young HCs aren't really trusted to put together their entire staff. Sometimes powerful GMs dictate a lot of what happens.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #42
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

My prediction is that we'll make the playoffs with ease in this division, but lack a killer instinct and lose our first playoff game. Fans will act like Kubiak won a SB for that as well and Bob will get him an extension. Then it's next season where I'll worry a lot.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #43
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
My prediction is that we'll make the playoffs with ease in this division, but lack a killer instinct and lose our first playoff game. Fans will act like Kubiak won a SB for that as well and Bob will get him an extension. Then it's next season where I'll worry a lot.
Why worry? You'll know what's going to happen. Manning will be back, Colts will be back on top. Gabbert will have it all figured out plus a bad-ass receiver from the draft. Tennessee will get behind Hasselbeck & be a better mediocre than we will be.

Nothing to worry about.
Old 11-02-2011   #44
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Why worry? You'll know what's going to happen. Manning will be back, Colts will be back on top. Gabbert will have it all figured out plus a bad-ass receiver from the draft. Tennessee will get behind Hasselbeck & be a better mediocre than we will be.

Nothing to worry about.
I'm not sure why you decided to respond if you were just going to go off the wall and write something like that.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #45
Lucky

Rep Power: 207841 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Re: Kubiak's November record. Occam's Razor analysis below.

The Texans defense has been poop. Every year except for this one.

In 2009, it was better but was still poop. Maybe poop on a stick.

It's remarkable they've won as much as they have since Kubiak has been with team given their defense has been poop.

The End.
Didn't the Texans field the same poop defense during September, October, and December? Why did it matter more in November than other months? Also, it was the offense that spit the bit during November '09. The defense played well enough to win most of those games.

The Texans win this month, and no one will care what happened in the past. If they lose in November, then yes, this trend deserves more scrutiny.
Old 11-02-2011   #46
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
Is it me or does it feel like Gary this year has gotten rid of his scripted plays? We seem a LOT more effective on the first/second drives in the game this year.
Nope. Still running scripted plays (as many teams do), but I have gotten the sense that the number of scripted plays has been cut by nealry 50%...

That's a good thing in that it allows you to adjust to what they're doing to you a lot sooner.
Old 11-02-2011   #47
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Nope. Still running scripted plays (as many teams do), but I have gotten the sense that the number of scripted plays has been cut by nealry 50%...

That's a good thing in that it allows you to adjust to what they're doing to you a lot sooner.
Considering how many times we've come out and scored on our 1st drive this season, maybe we should script the whole damned game.
Old 11-03-2011   #48
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

When guys execute scripted plays work well.

But all the script does is give you a starting point for your play calling and it lets the offense start comfortably to get into a rythm When you get into certain situations you abandon the script though.

Kubiak has mentioned "abandoning the script" before because of penalties or some other loss if yardage or no gain.

I think the first drives are still scripted. I just think that the offense in general is executing well on those drives.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011   #49
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 40481 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post

Agreed I think at times that Gary is just a slow learner and is taking a lot longer to adjust to being the HC. This year I've seen somewhat more of a desperate or more risk taking approach to Gary that I seem to like..

Ughh did I just say that..

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011   #50
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 90089 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Nothing to worry about.
I'm not completely sure that the Colts would just go back to double digit wins every season just by Manning coming back. Their O-line and offense might look better than the Benny Hill show they currently are trotting out there, but that defense is still horrible. Both of their hotshot corners from 2010 (Lacey and Powers) both aren't very good this year.
Old 11-03-2011   #51
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 631 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
Agreed I think at times that Gary is just a slow learner and is taking a lot longer to adjust to being the HC. This year I've seen somewhat more of a desperate or more risk taking approach to Gary that I seem to like..

Ughh did I just say that..
I think during the lockout that Gary took some kind of coaching course He doesn't seem to be as adamant about trying to fit a square play into a round game no matter how many times it fails. He doesn't seem to get as uptight about managing the clock either. Maybe Wade's aw shucks laid back attitude is contagious. I do know from watching him on the sidelines that he isn't the same Gary Kubiak we've had. This month may be the ultimate test.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011   #52
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't know about you guys, but I'm perfectly fine acting like I don't see no elephant in the room.
Old 11-12-2011   #53
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Don't know about you guys, but I'm perfectly fine acting like I don't see no elephant in the room.
Oh, look.

Shipley's Chocolate Covered Glazed Donuts.
Old 11-12-2011   #54
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't see an elephant in the room either. All I see are a bunch of negative "in-spiteing" assholes.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011   #55
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope they gut the elephant.

But don't tell him I said that...

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011   #56
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 11-13-2011   #57
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Kubiak finger-thumped the elephant to death...

Or Phillips sat on him...

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011   #58
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 115066 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 11-13-2011   #59
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
10 weeks too soon.

But things are looking good.
Old 11-13-2011   #60
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

What you mean ten weeks too soon? bye week coming and no matter what, worst thing is 2-1 this month
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read