Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-28-2011   #21
House of Pain
Knee-jerkless

Section: 106
Rep Power: 4027 House of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Remember th guy that used to do somersaults to grab the kicking tee for our old t

No pics and no videos of him retrieving the tee...very strange.

I remember Mojo (although I was young) as well as I remember being there when Tony Zendejas had a career game, then broke his leg.
House of Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011   #22
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 282778 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Remember th guy that used to do somersaults to grab the kicking tee for our old t

Still looking for pics of Mojo.

I came across this in my quest: Oilers leave rich legacy of low-budget absurdity

There is some funny stuff in that article. Here's a bit of trivia from it:

Q. Because of a locker room theft, the Oilers were forced to play their first game with 20 players decked out in jerseys belonging to what team?

A. The Dallas Texans. The Texans beat the Oilers, 27-10, in the first exhibition game for both clubs.
Old 10-29-2011   #23
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

More than three decades or so back I was at an Oiler game with my friend Marc. He later went on to marry my sister. Hated the seats since they were in the dome right up front where you had to watch the game like a coach on the sidelines. Due to the round configuration in the Astrodome the middle of the field is further away than the seats at the 20 yard line, so in a weird sort of way the seats further out from the 50 were better seats. The Chiefs were in town and I can't tell you much about the game except for Mojo and the fact that we lost. What I do remember was that Marc and I had great fun laughing and pointing out Mojo slamming across the field as fast as he could, flipping at the end and spiking the tee. We weren't mean spirited, but we yelled MOJO and didn't mind laughing at his antics since there wasn't much to cheer about on the field I assume. At the end of the game Mojo came running right at us. At first I thought he may have heard us and was upset, but he ran right up to what I think was his parents...sitting a few seats down from us. I think we both felt like lessrons (like morons, but somehow less). I don't feel bad (now) because we weren't mean (sheepish may be a good word though), but I did feel a little less intellectual that day. I have nothing but respect for Mojo. He's part of the Oiler mosaic. He's woven into the never changing history of my Oilers. When I was young I'd see the old guys reminiscing about the Brooklyn Dodgers on TV sometimes. Never really connected with them. I thought, hell, you still have a team up there. Two really. I understand them now that I'm older and I look back at the team that no longer exists; one that I followed as a youth growing up in Houston. Great memories. RIP Mojo

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011   #24
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Mojo was the man!! I remember as a kid wondering what the **** he was doing when he was rolling around on the ground. Watching a fat man doing that randomly at a football game was always so weird, but entertaining to me.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011   #25
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11275 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

Field level at the dome was a horrible view. I always preferred mezzanine seats there.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011   #26
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

We my dad and I had just recieved to 50 yardlie seats in the Loge(sp) great seats but the next season Dud Adams announces they were leaving Houston for Memphis, We tore up the check as soon as we heard the news. It was too bad that I had to miss those years watching football with my dad we used to love to go to the games together. He had to sell his Texans tickets cause it got so hard for him to walk in and out of the game.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read