Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-24-2011   #61
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Not good enough!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
Don't kid yourself. The difference is dramatic. Especially since this year saw the changes in the NFL's collective bargaining agreement.
Yeah, I went back & edited it.

But still, there is absolutely nothing wrong with putting your 1st round Corner at nickel. That's what they did with Kyle Wilson, DRC, Revis, etc... etc..

I don't think it would be above the Texans to admit they should made a mistake last year by starting Kareem right away. This is a must win season for Kubiak, & unless you think Wade is trying to sabotage him, it doesn't make sense to start Kareem if they think he is not the best CB for the job.
Old 10-24-2011   #62
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
We didn't kill anybody!

We're a buncha wimps!
Dude... we were on TV.
You know lots of witnesses...
....hello..?

and I mean the witnesses watching the game on TV. There weren't any in the stands after halftime.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #63
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Yeah, I went back & edited it.

But still, there is absolutely nothing wrong with putting your 1st round Corner at nickel. That's what they did with Kyle Wilson, DRC, Revis, etc... etc..

I don't think it would be above the Texans to admit they should made a mistake last year by starting Kareem right away. This is a must win season for Kubiak, & unless you think Wade is trying to sabotage him, it doesn't make sense to start Kareem if they think he is not the best CB for the job.
Great point. While I certainly enjoy entertaining a good conspiracy theory, logic has to add up for it to work. I honestly don't see the F.O. or Kubiak's ego playing someone who is not what they consider the best at his position. It undermines their own job security, and that disconnect is where I don't see them starting KJ just because he was a high pick.
Old 10-24-2011   #64
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Great point. While I certainly enjoy entertaining a good conspiracy theory, logic has to add up for it to work. I honestly don't see the F.O. or Kubiak's ego playing someone who is not what they consider the best at his position. It undermines their own job security, and that disconnect is where I don't see them starting KJ just because he was a high pick.
The point is a valid one. But let's not forget that Kubiak's concern for his job security didn't look overwhelming when he replaced Richard Smith with Frank Bush.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #65
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Too many penalties!!
That's my beef. The penalties. They didn't hurt yesterday but they have cost us points and stopped drives in the past and they're still happening way too often.

...oh yeah, and the TD they allowed. I mean, the guy was wide open. That coverage miscue should get fixed post haste.

I would ***** about not enough sacks but the Titans have only given up 9 sacks so far this season and we have two of them. I'm not surprised that Munchak would have a pretty good O-line.
Old 10-24-2011   #66
speedfreek
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26704 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

Keo sucks and blew a perfect opportunity for a shutout

TJ
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #67
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
The right move would have been to sign another corner in the off-season. For whatever reason, we didn't. We could have traded for one..... I don't know why we didn't, but we didn't.

So you're left going with what you've got.

Quote:
The point is a valid one. But let's not forget that Kubiak's concern for his job security didn't look overwhelming when he replaced Richard Smith with Frank Bush.
I think Kubiak did the best he could in that situation. His "circle" just isn't that big, & for all we know he approached several candidates & they lolzd him & told their friends & put it on facebook & all that. Richard Smith & Frank Bush was probably the best he could do.....

Most guys would then get their GM to do their job & get him some good candidates, but our GM came out of Kubiak's circle, so scratch that. McNair realizes he screwed up, probably takes some of that blame... which is the only reason I can think of for Kubiak to still have a job.

So McNair has to get Phillips.

& that is the only reason I believe Kubiak has been here for so long.. because every decision is made.... group think, including McNair.

That's all I can come up with.
Old 10-24-2011   #68
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

It was as perfect of a game as one will see. The homework is breaking down the tape to see what good likes at the individual, position and unit level - and then get on to the next opponent.
Old 10-24-2011   #69
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
You're 4-3, only have a half game lead, and 5-7 is still lurking out there somewhere. No more pajama parties and sprinkles on your ice cream you bunch of Nancy's. Get out there and play some real football you whining, sniffling bunch of jackwagons!!!
Now you cannot use that term without the picture
Old 10-24-2011   #70
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
for all we know he approached several candidates & they lolzd him & told their friends & put it on facebook & all that.
Dude, that's hilarious. Well done.
Old 10-24-2011   #71
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 231518 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Not scoring 50 points
My wife was pissed when we didn't kick a field goal on that last drive.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #72
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
My wife was pissed when we didn't kick a field goal on that last drive.
And yet some people would have you believe there would be no wars if women ran the world.
Old 10-24-2011   #73
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 304671 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And yet some people would have you believe there would be no wars if women ran the world.
They haven't met my wife. Then again, I bought into the cute redhead thing.
Old 10-24-2011   #74
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 231518 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
They haven't met my wife. Then again, I bought into the cute redhead thing.
Strange, so did I.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #75
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Strange, so did I.
Ha! So did I!

Since divorced though.
Old 10-24-2011   #76
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 143539 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

This kind of thread I hope to see after every game. We besnocker the opponent and then fairly gently criticise the mistakes.
Old 10-25-2011   #77
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Is this a trick to get me negative repped by Matrix?
lmao. Matrix neg-repped you, too? What is it with that cat?
Old 10-25-2011   #78
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
lmao. Matrix neg-repped you, too? What is it with that cat?
Fortunately, he hasn't gotten me yet. But I've seen a number of posts from others who've felt his wrath.
Old 10-25-2011   #79
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I would say the penalties, and our coaches decision to trot out players like Matt Schaub, and even Kevin Walter back on to the field after we went up 34-7. I know Matt was just handing off and Walter most likely just run blocking but why not give Lienart some reps, our running game was controlling the game and it is usually during these times that offensive players can get freak injuries, plus we just endured a month without our two best players in Andre and Mario and then just witnessed Manning going down, why risk it?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011   #80
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 114610 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You certainly have solid ground to stand on there considering the play failed.

But I saw a play that would have been successful in gaining a yard (which was all that was required) if the running back had simply taken what was available to him rather than trying to make more out of it than he needed to.
Amen. Arian did a LOT right on Sunday, but that play wasn't it.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read