Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-18-2011   #41
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Kubiak Presser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Because throwing Kjax under the bus makes him one step closer to being a bust.

And I didn't see him throw Manning under the bus...He was pretty vague really...
There was only one other player it could have been.
Old 10-18-2011   #42
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
There was only one other player it could have been.
No, it could have been that the other safety was supposed to drop back into the middle of the field.

It could have been a blown coverage call pre snap.

Or it could have been that KJ just got roasted...again...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011   #43
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
It was Manning's job to HELP but that's still Kareem's man and it still happens every single game he plays. If it was once a month (like Joseph finally giving up a big hit) then it probably wouldn't be as big of a deal.
not if they were playing cover 4 or some other similiar zone (which it looked like as kj looked to be heading straight back while smith ran a slanted vertical)

i agree with other who have noticed mannings other busted coverages already. i cant remember the exact plays but i remember cursing him out another play or 2 during the game. il rewatch the game and see. seems like a guy that guesses and loses a bit

loving the j-joe experience so far so he'll get a pass no bother for that mistimed jump, the manning experience... meh
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011   #44
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 178253 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran04 View Post
It was pretty obvious that Manning screwed up. He's making a habit of it already. It started against the Saints in the preseason.

Joseph just mistimed the other one. Although he probably would have been flagged if Boldin didn't catch it anyway.

The problem with the pass rush was that it was almost all scheme. Wade was able to get guys free at the beginning but it was shored up. Guys weren't coming unblocked in the 2nd half. When it mattered, guys couldn't beat blocks 1 on 1. The Texans miss Mario in the nickle with his hand down, when he did most of his damage.
Kubes said Manning had a leg contusion but not when he got it and that may have effected the play of the safety.
Old 10-18-2011   #45
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Kubes said Manning had a leg contusion but not when he got it and that may have effected the play of the safety.
a leg contusion makes him run forward to cover to TE running a crossing route when he's supposed to have deep responsibility?
Old 10-18-2011   #46
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
OK sounds like I had the 2 plays confused. Thanks for straightening me out.
But it does seem that KJ lacks that all-important long-speed you'd want your corner to possess,
even though he knocked out a sub 4.5 40 at the Combine in Indy.
Idexan, in case you haven't read it yet, I covered that play in the "Kareem Jackson's plights" thread.

If he played the coverage that was called (cover 4) and can still break up that pass or "has time" to hit the receiver soon and hard enough to knock the ball loose, he would have the elite speed (on top of the skills that he possesses) to be drafted at least as high as Patrick Peterson.
The Texans wouldn't have been able to draft him.

Torrey Smith had burned the Rams CB (4.31 speed) repeatedly in man coverage and when he (CB Justin King) had safety help over the top.
For Jackson to make that play (saving his safety - Manning, and in the proccess, saving a TD) shows that he has "enough" speed to play the position.

When the Texans drafted him, they knew what kind of speed he has: about the same as Devin McCourty and Brandon Harris.
McCourty was drafted a few picks after KJ; obviously, the Pats did not have concern about his "lack" of speed.
Justin King, who has 4.31 speed, was drafted in the fourth round.
And no, he didn't recover to man-up on any of those several plays against Torrey Smith.
Speed isn't everything!

I hope that, in time, the fans will come to term, realizing that Jackson has good things to offer and can contibute to the success of the team as a solid overall CB.
76Texan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011   #47
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No, it could have been that the other safety was supposed to drop back into the middle of the field.

It could have been a blown coverage call pre snap.

Or it could have been that KJ just got roasted...again...
That is some good narratives, Rey!
Maybe you ought to try fiction; I see "best sellers" on the horizon.
(I guess you can take a joke, right?!?)

I learned that many of the best fiction writers do a lot of research (some of them have a whole team of researchers) before they write their book.
My sincere opinion is that you can help yourself by looking at the play again to see how much validity each of your scenarios has when matching with everything that went on during the play.

In another word, entertain us as to how you come up with each of those scenarios.
Old 10-18-2011   #48
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
a leg contusion makes him run forward to cover to TE running a crossing route when he's supposed to have deep responsibility?
if you watch the tape, NOBODY was on that TE, so there was another busted assignment on this play...I think it was the mlb. He's just sitting there staring into the backfield with the TE wide open behind him. If Manning stayed deep, that TE gets the pass underneath and likely scores. The mike should get some blame also.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011   #49
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
In another word, entertain us as to how you come up with each of those scenarios.
LB's could have been in middle zone. Manning could have been Man to man. Quin may have been the cover 1 guy over the top of the play but either didn't do his job correctly or didn't didn't get the right call.

If Kareem is playing cover 4 he should have reacted to the out route and Manning should have been running with the receiver that caught-dropped the ball.

But besides that, I don't claim to know exactly what happened on any given play. I threw a bunch of stuff out there because I realize that there are many different possible reasons for a bad play happening. It doesn't have to be on one or two guys and sometimes you will just never know unless you are in the locker room with those guys.

What I do know though, is that Kareem is often involved in huge plays being given up and just about never makes big plays for the defense.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011   #50
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
LB's could have been in middle zone. Manning could have been Man to man. Quin may have been the cover 1 guy over the top of the play but either didn't do his job correctly or didn't didn't get the right call.

If Kareem is playing cover 4 he should have reacted to the out route and Manning should have been running with the receiver that caught-dropped the ball.

But besides that, I don't claim to know exactly what happened on any given play. I threw a bunch of stuff out there because I realize that there are many different possible reasons for a bad play happening. It doesn't have to be on one or two guys and sometimes you will just never know unless you are in the locker room with those guys.

What I do know though, is that Kareem is often involved in huge plays being given up and just about never makes big plays for the defense.
So exactly how many HUGE plays are we talking about here?

ONE and only ONE so far in this 2011 season.
And Kareem Jackson saved the TD!

(Yeah, we all know about the TD pass in the end zone against the Saints.)

And of course, the Forced Fumble is not even a BIG play!

I will respond to the rest in the KJ's plights thread (probably tomorrow).
Got to work for a lviing now!
Old 10-18-2011   #51
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
if you watch the tape, NOBODY was on that TE, so there was another busted assignment on this play...I think it was the mlb. He's just sitting there staring into the backfield with the TE wide open behind him. If Manning stayed deep, that TE gets the pass underneath and likely scores. The mike should get some blame also.
not disagreeing that someone else likely screwed up and the te was open but c'mon how do you expect the te to score a 60+ yd td on an intermediate crossing route if we're in cover four?
Old 10-18-2011   #52
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
not disagreeing that someone else likely screwed up and the te was open but c'mon how do you expect the te to score a 60+ yd td on an intermediate crossing route if we're in cover four?
cover 4 means 4 players playing quarters in the deep zone...that was not what we were looking at. The TE was alone and the Mlb was backpeddling but staring straight into the backfield like a spectator. All the while the TE was crossing while the WR was going deep...nobody in the area of the TE. Go watch the play.

Old 10-18-2011   #53
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Here is the sequence. Cover2 (the cb's were in man, two s over the top) and Manning steps up to take the free running TE that the MLB lets go with nobody to cover him. Jackson lets his man get past him as Manning tries to p/u the TE running free. Manning goes back to help when the pass is thrown but there are too many busts in coverage and its too late. The te is all alone on the fifty yard line....thats why Manning was compromised.

look on the 50 yard line

Old 10-24-2011   #54
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Manning had surgery today, hope to get him back by the end of the season, could be anywhere beyond 4 weeks.

Troy Nolan will start in Manning's absence, and Brandon Harris is going to back him up.

Expects both Andre and James Casey to return to practice this week, AJ worked out today and said everything went well.

No reason to concern about the lack of Demeco on the field, said that the Titans kept them in nickel and dime most of the game. Really impressed with Cushing's play.

Lots of other stuff.
Old 10-24-2011   #55
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Manning had surgery today, hope to get him back by the end of the season, could be anywhere beyond 4 weeks.

Troy Nolan will start in Manning's absence, and Brandon Harris is going to back him up.

Expects both Andre and James Casey to return to practice this week, AJ worked out today and said everything went well.

No reason to concern about the lack of Demeco on the field, said that the Titans kept them in nickel and dime most of the game. Really impressed with Cushing's play.

Lots of other stuff.
I saw Demeco grab at his hamstring after one play.......made me nervous.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read