Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-07-2005   #1
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Passing Game

The Texans passing game is not good. Its averaging 87 yards a game. Thats only 1392 yards a season. Is the problem Carr, the recievers, the line, or the play calling?
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005   #2
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

the o line
LORK 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005   #3
Bongo59
Veteran

my bet is the texans throw alot this week..................were bad back there and i expect us to be scoring alot...........
Bongo59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005   #4
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 278016 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

A weak OL, position players than can't seem to pick up their blitzes, and a shell-shocked QB.

I think the playcalling was a little questionable with Palmer, and the jury is still out on Pendry (which showed signs of improvement with actually getting first downs on the opening drive!).
Old 10-07-2005   #5
Crank_It_Up
Veteran

the passing game would improve if Carr will throw it to Gaffney more often
Old 10-07-2005   #6
Bull Pen 1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1621 Bull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respected

I say bench David Carr and play Dave Ragone.
Bull Pen 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005   #7
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 278016 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

You gotta' watch it, though, because the last thing we need to have is a QB that gets his potential shell-shocked right out of him from being sacked 2-3 times a quarter.
Old 10-07-2005   #8
done88
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65
The Texans passing game is not good. Its averaging 87 yards a game. Thats only 1392 yards a season. Is the problem Carr, the recievers, the line, or the play calling?
YES!!!!
They have to fix all three to be successful. Everyone wants to put the blaime on one specific thing. It the whole team. Either they learn to play as a team with emotion and execution or they will continue to fail. Let Peek rattle a few cages during practice. Let Travis Johnson ruffle a few feathers during practice. The team needs to work through some type of adverse situation to pull it close together. Weather that be losing or something else I don't know. But the talent is there. The most successful teams are the ones who play together on and off the field.
Old 10-07-2005   #9
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Pen 1
I say bench David Carr and play Dave Ragone.
Ragone is not very good, he completes more passes to the defense than the offense during practices.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005   #10
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

yeah, i dont think ragone is as good as some say he is.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005   #11
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

I think that blame should be spread around equally. Carr has regressed from last year, the o line is on the verge of incompitence, the WRs haven't seemed like they learned the plays or routes. I mean the only people on offense who have been earning their money is Dom Davis and Moran Norris.
Old 10-08-2005   #12
Bottle-O-Bud
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
A weak OL, position players than can't seem to pick up their blitzes, and a shell-shocked QB.

I think the playcalling was a little questionable with Palmer, and the jury is still out on Pendry (which showed signs of improvement with actually getting first downs on the opening drive!).
there it is..... the guy sums it up. We are also dropping passes is critical plays. Passes thrown between the numbers. We have starters that would no way start in any other team in the league.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read