Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-07-2005   #1
frequentfliertx
Rookie

Rep Power: 12 frequentfliertx is on the Pro-Bowl ballotfrequentfliertx is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Nothing to smile about

Well, after a bye week (our saving grace) we were humbled by Cincy. Now this week we face the Titans I believe. We were promised that the roof would not be open on those sizzling days. We don't need to have heat stroke. I don't mind driving 3 hours to root on the Texans. But to be a fan and find no fault with the Texans organization is just plain ridiculous. I'm a Texans fan, but I believe in offering an unbiased critique of the present situation, and all I can say is itis rather bleak. Right now I'm just hoping not to go 0-16 this year. With the Texans having the highest room in the slary cap, it would be a good idea in the off season to draft an offensive line, good wide receivers, and a capable secondary. If David Carr wants to leave Houston, I'll be more than happy to help him escape. He's not getting the support he needs. It's not fair for him to have to run for his life in the backfield. He reminds me a lot of Fran Tarkenton with the Vikings when he had to scramble out of the pocket a lot. Sorry if this goes against your image of what a "true fan" should be Joe Texan. I guess we just agree to disagree. I'll probably renew my tix next year because I don't mind supporting the Texans. All I'm saying is that things have got to change!
frequentfliertx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005   #2
done88
Veteran

There is football here on Sunday and for that I'm smileing.

Old 10-07-2005   #3
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Im pretty sure we all love having football back in Houston. Yes we get it, any football is better than no football. But as our team, we want a football team that competes for the win. So far, ill say it again, so far it looks like we dont stand a chance against 8-8 teams, or higher.

I love the Texans, and will be there to cheer them on, but I want a team that can put up some points. I want a team that gives me hope in a W.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005   #4
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Nonsense, it's football season, it's _almost_ sunday.. and the sun is out. What's NOT to smile about ?
Malloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005   #5
touttail
All Pro

It's really feeling like football weather now. Would love to see it about 70 degrees and the roof open.
BTW-the parking lot won't be so hot either-----NICE!

bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005   #6
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

We get to see some NFL football on Sunday!!! And as an added bonus the Texans play too!

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005   #7
frequentfliertx
Rookie

Rep Power: 12 frequentfliertx is on the Pro-Bowl ballotfrequentfliertx is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Reply

Man, you guys sure are easy to please!
frequentfliertx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read