Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-05-2005   #1
GoJags16
Rookie

Default You guys exposed the Bengals last sunday

I just got done watching most of the game with my uncle (texan fan) and Ill tell ya what, you guys exposed the Bengals. The Jags this week have to be *****s if they arent watching how you guys were covering Chad Johnson. He was getting hit constantly. Press him with your best corner and double him with a safety. Its how you beat the colts WRs, hit them at all times.

You guys have some good days to look forward to, I think if you could have only not given up so many sacks and gotten a few turnovers you woulda surprised the Bengals last week.

But, dont worry. The Jags will hopefully finish the job for ya
GoJags16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005   #2
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Every team the Texans have played this year have lost their next game. Grats Jags!
Old 10-05-2005   #3
GoJags16
Rookie

I heard the bye week won a week after they played you guys. Beat em good too.
Old 10-05-2005   #4
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Good luck JAGS
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005   #5
bengalsown
Rookie

Why are you rooting for the Jags? Are they not in your division?
bengalsown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005   #6
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalsown
Exactly, why would you root for a division rival? As much as I don't want to cheer for the Bengals I have to hope they win this week.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005   #7
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Trust me, I'm cheering for you guys. I always cheer against divisional opponents.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-06-2005   #8
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm rooting for the Bengals this week as well. It's just sad that they had to play the Texans last Sunday and were exposed to the Texans Flu. It's crippling!
Old 10-06-2005   #9
rafterticket
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exascor
I'm rooting for the Bengals this week as well. It's just sad that they had to play the Texans last Sunday and were exposed to the Texans Flu. It's crippling!
No, they were exposed as not a very good team. I wrote a post yesterday predicting 8-8 for them. I stand by it.
rafterticket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005   #10
bengalsown
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafterticket
No, they were exposed as not a very good team. I wrote a post yesterday predicting 8-8 for them. I stand by it.
I hope you enjoy watching us in the playoffs when your season is over
bengalsown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005   #11
rafterticket
Veteran

Quote:
I hope you enjoy watching us in the playoffs when your season is over
I also said we would probably envy 8-8. Sorry to take away your sense of satisfaction.

Also, 8-8 is not good enough to make the playoffs in the AFC and you know it.
rafterticket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005   #12
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh you can do that to Johnson all day but Housmezadah is very capable of taking over. Which is why we were unable to stop the Bengals when we had them on the ropes.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005   #13
GoJags16
Rookie

Cmon, you Bengal pickers are breakin my heart!

Bengals...Playoffs...Isnt it illegal to use those two words in the same sentence?
Old 10-07-2005   #14
Cicero
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafterticket
I also said we would probably envy 8-8. Sorry to take away your sense of satisfaction.

Also, 8-8 is not good enough to make the playoffs in the AFC and you know it.
Look at the Bengals schedule. They would have to go 4-8 the rest of the way to end up at 8-8. This is not going to happen with teams like Detroit, Cleveland, Baltimore, Green Bay, Buffalo, and Tennessee on the schedule. They will likely split with the Steelers for what is likely to be an 11-5 record at least. Yeah you guys played us tough, but we had both our centers injured and were missing our best defensive player.
Old 10-08-2005   #15
Johnny Utah
All Pro

I dont' care who wins as long as neither interfere with out chances of landing the #1 overall pick this year.
Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005   #16
TexasJedi
Hall of Fame

I like the Jags in this game, though I'll route for Cinci.

It seems to me the key to beating the Bengals is running the ball. By running the ball effectively a team is not forced to pass against the Bengals opportunistic defense. If the Texans could have done more of that the they may well have won. Also I assume the Bengals are still beat up along their interior offensive line. Facing the behemoths Stroud and Henderson does not bode well for the Bengals running game, not to mention if those two are able to collapse the pocket against the passing game.
TexasJedi is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read