Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 10-21-2011   #61
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 49148 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The "Should I do this trade thread"

I give

Felix Jones
Calvin Johnson

for
Tebow
Michael Turner
Mark Ingram

thoughts/opinions?

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011   #62
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath Shuler View Post
I give

Felix Jones
Calvin Johnson

for
Tebow
Michael Turner
Mark Ingram

thoughts/opinions?
Helllllllllll no. CJ > all 4 of those other guys combined. Do you not have any other RBs?
Old 10-21-2011   #63
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 49148 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Helllllllllll no. CJ > all 4 of those other guys combined. Do you not have any other RBs?
my rbs:
arian foster
marshawn lynch
felix jones

my team sucks

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011   #64
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath Shuler View Post
my rbs:
arian foster
marshawn lynch
felix jones

my team sucks
Ingram is nicked up and Tebow sucks IMO. Dont do it. Find another trade partner.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011   #65
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Non PPR. I am trying to get Dez Bryant from this guy who needs a 2nd RB bad. I am offering Ben Tate and Felix Jones for Bryant. Would he consider this deal, or what would it take to sweeten this deal for him to accept?

He has:

QB Ben Roethlisberger
RB Arian Foster
RB Bernard Scott
WR Anquan Boldin
WR Dez Bryant
WR Antonio Brown
TE Aaron Hernandez

Bench: Dallas Clark
Bench: Joseph Addai
Bench: Joe Flacco
Bench: Danarius Moore
Bench: Michael Bush
Bench: Darrius Heyward-Bey
Bench: Plexiglass Burress

I have:
QB Cam Newton
RB Ray Rice
RB Steven Jackson
WR Larry Fitzgerald
WR Jeremy Maclin
WR Brandon Lloyd
TE Jared Cook

Bench: Greg Olsen
Bench: Shonn Greene
Bench: Ben Tate
Bench: Felix Jones
Bench: Damaryius Thomas
Bench: Maurice Morris
Bench: Terrell Owens
Old 10-27-2011   #66
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Try Tate or Jones and include Brandon Lloyd in the deal as his new WR#3. He may be deluded into thinking Lloyd will do well with Bradford.
Old 10-28-2011   #67
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1028 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Confused on if I should do either trade:

Starks RB/GB
Desean Jackson WR/PHI

for

Chris Johnson RB/TEN - I have him.

or.....

Starks RB/GB
Desean Jackson WR/PHI
Kolb QB/ARI

for

Jay Cutler QB/CHI

What do you guys think? Should I even do these?

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011   #68
Ckw

I'm curious what you guys think of the trade I just did. I am 3-4 and needed to shake things up.

I sent Lesean McCoy, Brandon Marshall, Jonathan Stewart, and Eric Decker.

I received Ray Rice, Hakeem Nicks, and Shonn Greene.
Old 10-31-2011   #69
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw View Post
I'm curious what you guys think of the trade I just did. I am 3-4 and needed to shake things up.

I sent Lesean McCoy, Brandon Marshall, Jonathan Stewart, and Eric Decker.

I received Ray Rice, Hakeem Nicks, and Shonn Greene.
PPR? Hate it.

Non PPR. I like the upgrade from Steward to Greene.
Old 10-31-2011   #70
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1028 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans34Life View Post
Confused on if I should do either trade:

Starks RB/GB
Desean Jackson WR/PHI

for

or.....

Starks RB/GB
Desean Jackson WR/PHI
Kolb QB/ARI

for

Jay Cutler QB/CHI

What do you guys think? Should I even do these?
Does anyone have an answer for this one?

Desean isn't doing much, but CJ24 is pretty much a bust all season.

Starks....if Ryan Grant isn't doing anything, he could help at RB for me.

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Old 10-31-2011   #71
Blake
MMQB

CJ2K is a waste of space. As long as he isnt trying, he is worthless. If you can get DJ for him then do it. I could care less for Starks or Kolb.

Take the first deal.
Old 10-31-2011   #72
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Thanks, SM. I did the trade.

Now that Munchak is leaning on Ringer more than CJ, it was a good time to jump on the trade. Hopefully Desean comes through and Starks can pick up his running game or at least get receptions.

Old 10-31-2011   #73
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans34Life View Post
Thanks, SM. I did the trade.

Now that Munchak is leaning on Ringer more than CJ, it was a good time to jump on the trade. Hopefully Desean comes through and Starks can pick up his running game or at least get receptions.
Cool. There is a chance CJ could get a fire lit under his ass, but do you really want to gamble on the coaches being able to get the millionaire to care?
Old 11-02-2011   #74
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

We've changed our league to a keeper league and my RB's are:

Fred Jackson/Ray Rice/Cedric Benson/Mark Ingram

I typically start Jackson/Rice/Benson.

However a guy is offering me Torain for Benson. Benson is really a steady guy to have in the lineup for 7-12 points, but Torain is in a more legit rushing offense and is all potential right now.

What do you guys think? He could also be a keeper.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #75
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
We've changed our league to a keeper league and my RB's are:

Fred Jackson/Ray Rice/Cedric Benson/Mark Ingram

I typically start Jackson/Rice/Benson.

However a guy is offering me Torain for Benson. Benson is really a steady guy to have in the lineup for 7-12 points, but Torain is in a more legit rushing offense and is all potential right now.

What do you guys think? He could also be a keeper.
I like Benson. Also who knows what skelator is going to do in a week from now. He could start Helu for all we know. Benson is the guy.
Old 11-03-2011   #76
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
I like Benson. Also who knows what skelator is going to do in a week from now. He could start Helu for all we know. Benson is the guy.
I feel the same way. Let me ask this... Would you trade Benson for Best? I tried researching his injury status and it's still up in the air. But he's a complete animal when he's on the field!
Old 11-03-2011   #77
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
I feel the same way. Let me ask this... Would you trade Benson for Best? I tried researching his injury status and it's still up in the air. But he's a complete animal when he's on the field!
Straight up, yes. Depending on what else you have to throw into the deal, maybe not...
Old 11-03-2011   #78
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Straight up, yes. Depending on what else you have to throw into the deal, maybe not...
I'm pretty sure I can get him straight up. The concussions though are a little troubling. As far as I know he could not even play this year. Decisions...
Old 11-04-2011   #79
Ckw

Should I take an offer of

Chris Johnson and Dwyane Bowe
for
Shonn Greene, Daniel Thomas, and Jordy Nelson

?!?

My Rb's are Ray Rice, Darren McFadden, Michael Bush, Shonn Greene, & Daniel Thomas.

My Wr's are Larry Fitz, Hakeem Nicks, Jordy Nelson, Darrius Heyward-Bey
Old 11-04-2011   #80
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2778 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw View Post
Should I take an offer of

Chris Johnson and Dwyane Bowe
for
Shonn Greene, Daniel Thomas, and Jordy Nelson

?!?

My Rb's are Ray Rice, Darren McFadden, Michael Bush, Shonn Greene, & Daniel Thomas.

My Wr's are Larry Fitz, Hakeem Nicks, Jordy Nelson, Darrius Heyward-Bey
Why haven't you hit the accept button yet? You're already crowded at the running back position and are weak at WR after Fitz and Nicks. Bowe is the best player involved in that trade and you're getting him. Greene has picked it up lately but has been a bust up until then. I don't have Nicks on any of my teams so I haven't been following him closely but he seems to be off and on injured throughout most of this season. Bowe gives you 3 studs at the WR and you get the potential of CJ2.8 busting out of his slump and reverting back to 1st round status. Either way you're getting the best player (Bowe) and the highest ceiling player (CJ2.8) without giving up much. The other guy is getting trade raped
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read