Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2011   #381
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35188 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kareem Jackson's plight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Calling Jackson a nick corner isn't harsh pards....it's just being a critical thinker - and speaking the truth as I see it. No long speed, no elite quickness, and a player that opens his hips too early time after time....heck, nickbacker is a complement.
Vinny, have any thoughts or comments on draft guru Mike Mayock ranking Kareem higher than NE corner Devin McCourty just prior to the 2010 NFL Draft ?
IDEXAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011   #382
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Vinny, have any thoughts or comments on draft guru Mike Mayock ranking Kareem higher than NE corner Devin McCourty just prior to the 2010 NFL Draft ?
some guys rated Leaf over Manning. It happens. Scouting is more of an art than a science.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011   #383
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
some guys rated Leaf over Manning. It happens. Scouting is more of an art than a science.
I hate to break this news to you Vinny, but your Peyton of the CBs continued to struggle for the Pats.

He gave up his 5th TD of the year.
It should have been six, but he comiitted PI to prevent it (about 22-yd, but it could have been any distance.)
The receiver was so open he needed to waive to Romo for the ball.
An on-time ball, and Mccourty wouldn't even have a chance to commit PI.

He gave up all 6 passes thrown to his receiver and I was surprised the Cowboys didn't target him more in the second half after he gave up 4 passes and that PI in the first.

That was about 90 yards on those pass plays, and without the help of the safeties and LBs (who made the tackles), it would have been more.

The Texans made the right choice is what I see; or at least, it's too early to tell which guy will have a better career.

It will depend on who can improve more, but at the moment, I'm taking KJ over McCourty.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011   #384
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

In fairness to McCourty, I want to clarify that the TD was a 2yd catch by Witten.
Bill Belichick had McCourty spying on the TE, following across the LOS.
Looks like Kubiak isn't the only guy who tries to outsmart himself.
Old 10-19-2011   #385
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I wish Kubiak could outsmart himself into three Super Bowl wins.
Old 10-19-2011   #386
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I hate to break this news to you Vinny, but your Peyton of the CBs continued to struggle for the Pats.
Don't strawman me pards. I never compared McCourty to anyone. I just gave an example of how there are no set equations or finite workouts that can absolutely project any one player to be this good or that good. I must say that it's hard to read some of your ongoing man-love for Jackson after a while though. It almost feels like I need to take a shower after clicking on your analysis. I'm happy for Jackson though. It must feel good to have such a dedicated fan.

Old 10-19-2011   #387
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
I wish Kubiak could outsmart himself into three Super Bowl wins.
You know I was only referring to how a coach can ask a player to do certain thing that makes a person wonder!
Old 10-19-2011   #388
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You know I was only referring to how a coach can ask a player to do certain thing that makes a person wonder!
I was only playing the double strawman card.
Old 10-19-2011   #389
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Don't strawman me pards. I never compared McCourty to anyone. I just gave an example of how there are no set equations or finite workouts that can absolutely project any one player to be this good or that good. I must say that it's hard to read some of your ongoing man-love for Jackson after a while though. It almost feels like I need to take a shower after clicking on your analysis. I'm happy for Jackson though. It must feel good to have such a dedicated fan.
Obviously, your examples were to the extreme, I did get that!
I do know you don't mean to compare them that way.

What's so wrong about my latest analysis though?
Kubiak did clarify the 51yd catch by Smith wasn't on KJ.
Old 10-19-2011   #390
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
I was only playing the double strawman card.
I know you did.
You're always good at sarcasm, that much I know!
Old 10-19-2011   #391
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Quote:
I know you did.
You're always good at sarcasm, that much I know!
It helps with the mental pain and suffering.
Old 10-19-2011   #392
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Obviously, your examples were to the extreme, I did get that!
I do know you don't mean to compare them that way.

What's so wrong about my latest analysis though?
Kubiak did clarify the 51yd catch by Smith wasn't on KJ.
I'm thinking I didn't agree with it. The start of the breakdown was on the middle linebacker since he was playing zone while everyone was in man. Manning reacted to the crossing target as nobody was covering him while KJ started with a gargantuan cushion but still ended up in trail. I'd say there were 3 breakdowns on that snap.

Old 10-19-2011   #393
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I just don't understand where you're going with this. Because Cards fans are down on Patrick Peterson, Kareem Jackson is judged too harshly? That makes zero sense. There's no correlation between the two, other than both are NFL CBs. What Patrick Peterson does or doesn't do has no bearing on Kareem Jackson's suckitude.
I have already answer this point in another post.
It shows a couple of different things:

A rookie CB who was asked by his DC to do as much as a veteran CB (one-on-one) do struggle and give up big plays, even a guy who was touted as the second-coming of Deion Sanders does struggle.

Unrealistic expectations by some fans make it easy to blame a player for some bad plays he didn't dcommit (on top of the ones he did commit.)

I'm sorry if you didn't see the correlation; some other posters did, that's all I can tell you.
Old 10-19-2011   #394
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I'm thinking I didn't agree with it. The start of the breakdown was on the middle linebacker since he was playing zone while everyone was in man. Manning reacted to the crossing target as nobody was covering him while KJ started with a gargantuan cushion but still ended up in trail. I'd say there were 3 breakdowns on that snap.
Oh, I agree about Cushing.
I read your posts earlier about that play.
I wanted to add to the analysis and what I understand from Wade's playbook (Falcons 2003).
Cushing was supposed to trail the TE.

The WR made a good adjustment.
As I understood, a post route is declared earlier than a corner route.
KJ has to wait for that before he should squeeze (a yard or two further.)

Had Manning get off the TE sooner, Jackson would be able to take over the duty. It would probably still result in a catch, but it should be for a much shorter gain.
Old 10-19-2011   #395
76Texan
Hall of Fame

If you slow it down, you can see that in between waiting for the receiver to declare his intention, Jackson lost all the cushion and a little more.
Old 10-19-2011   #396
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Oh, I agree about Cushing.
I read your posts earlier about that play.
I wanted to add to the analysis and what I understand from Wade's playbook (Falcons 2003).
Cushing was supposed to trail the TE.

The WR made a good adjustment.
As I understood, a post route is declared earlier than a corner route.
KJ has to wait for that before he should squeeze (a yard or two further.)

Had Manning get off the TE sooner, Jackson would be able to take over the duty. It would probably still result in a catch, but it should be for a much shorter gain.
I'm very confident that Jackson's technique was to be in man. Everyone else was in man coverage with 5 targets running in the second and third levels. Every target had a defender on him with a cover2 shell over the top. If KJ was playing zone, he wouldn't have had a full hip turn and sprinting with his man so early in the play. I think he was expecting help that wasn't there though.

I broke it down here.
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...8&postcount=53

Old 10-19-2011   #397
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I'm very confident that Jackson's technique was to be in man. Everyone else was in man coverage with 5 targets running in the second and third levels. Every target had a defender on him with a cover2 shell over the top. If KJ was playing zone, he wouldn't have had a full hip turn and sprinting with his man so early in the play. I think he was expecting help that wasn't there though.

I broke it down here.
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...8&postcount=53
I read those posts earlier, as I said.

To me, when I look at Wade's playbook against this offensive formation, the way the defense lined up, it matches with cover 4 (which is slightly different from cover 8).

Cover 4

Cover 8
Old 10-19-2011   #398
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I just don't understand where you're going with this. Because Cards fans are down on Patrick Peterson, Kareem Jackson is judged too harshly? That makes zero sense. There's no correlation between the two, other than both are NFL CBs. What Patrick Peterson does or doesn't do has no bearing on Kareem Jackson's suckitude.
Really

Is it to much to asfk for the Texans to draft compeyent players?

And if they miss on a pick is it too much to ask for them to admit they made a mistake and move on.

Currenyly it appears that they are only compounding their mistake.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011   #399
76Texan
Hall of Fame

In cover 4, as the diagram depicts, the WCB (Joseph) played up on the receiver (Boldin). On Cover 8, Joseph would play off-man.

The MO (Sharpton) played the weak hook and took on the receiver going to his area (the RB)

The SAM (Barwin) and the MIKE (Cushing) were in zone match on the #2 and #3.
Barwin followed the widest (FB Leach), Cushing dropped back but failed to follow the TE.

No matter what, the SS Manning needs to read a little better.
As the QB made more than a 5-step drop, Manning should get back immediately (he was about a couple of steps late).

That is how I saw it.

The whole sequence can be found here:
http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/...20to%20TSmith/
Old 10-19-2011   #400
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
If KJ was playing zone, he wouldn't have had a full hip turn and sprinting with his man so early in the play. I think he was expecting help that wasn't there though.
If you are in man coverage, expecting safety help to the inside, it makes sense to allow the WR to pass you to the inside. He did nothing wrong.

However, I believe Manning crossed his face well before Smith challenged him deep. If Kj sees #38 in front of him, he should know he has no help & adjust. He's screwed, since the possible routes Smith can run from this moment is limit less, he's got to make a decision & go with it. I can't think of any decision he should have made that would over-rule staying deeper than the receiver.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read