Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-07-2005   #41
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

If I pull down the QB production "watermark" to 201 yards and 2 TD's then we can move the stat from zero times in 47 games to one time. Hopefully that makes everyone feel better.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005   #42
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I read on HPF website with their discussion of Carr.. Part of the problem is that the coaching staff fears us turning the ball over and they put the reigns on Carr .. That is why we don't see the deep passes or at least let AJ (or whoever) make a play on the ball.

this could be an issue that they don't trust Carr and that Carr doesn't trust them. I am making an assumption because I am not at the practice field or anything.

I am lost on what the Front office is doing with this group.. Maybe it is me taking my steel blue tinted glasses off, but I thought that this coaching staff talked about having a semi-balanced offense..one that runs the ball and can throw it downfield... (this was in 2002) but with Pendry/Capers .. they want a mostly a pound the ball. It just seems that the way we drafted and the way we play.. someone isn't on the same page.. I mean if we wanted a QB to not turn the ball over and pound the ball .. Why did we pick a QB #1 overall and a WR #3 overall? we should have signed Trent Dilfer at QB (I believe he was a FA in 2002) drafted Peppers (or someone else) for the d-line in 2002 and in 2003 draft McKinney (or someone else)at LT and built that way.. I am not saying we need to pass the ball all the time, but we tied a lot of money into 2 players that we either don't trust or they don't see the ball enough... Our drafting style and coaching style seems to be on different playing fields.
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005   #43
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
I read on HPF website with their discussion of Carr.. Part of the problem is that the coaching staff fears us turning the ball over and they put the reigns on Carr .. That is why we don't see the deep passes or at least let AJ (or whoever) make a play on the ball.
Take this fwiw but from what I gather we had 4 deep passes that were open and should have been made but Carr missed the opportunity each time and threw short passes instead last week.

Old 10-07-2005   #44
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

here is the link to the discussion.. has some good football points to it

http://www.houstonprofootball.com/fo...?threadid=4788

thanks Vinny, I forgot about being mentioned..
Old 10-07-2005   #45
Vinny
shiny happy fan

I'm not touchy...just drawing a line of production over the course of 47 games.

Old 10-07-2005   #46
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIT-R-DONE
I was just curious if that was a standard watermark/benchmark or just a line that you drew yourself. Wow, everyone is touchy these days.

If we are talking about the Texans..yes, that is a good benchmark.. if we are talking about the Raiders ..na

Old 10-07-2005   #47
humbleone
Veteran

One of the interesting things to watch Sunday is the way a good coach (Jeff Fisher) has prepared his team and then makes adjustments during the game to give his team their best chance. And, the way his players play their guts out for the guy.

We are favored and absolutely can and should win this game (Titans are still reloading this year) but our guys better be ready because Fisher will have his guys looking for some heads to knock off at our expense (like Carr's for example). I hope Pendry has a plan to move DC around some and for goodness sake DC, don't always roll to the right (Fisher is going to have someone with attitude ready to ruin your day there if you don't show them that you can roll left and hurt them from that side of the field also).

Coaching at this level makes a "big" difference IMO and we would have a lock on the game Sunday if Capers were coaching the Titans and Fisher had our guys. Bottomline, Carr is not a BOMB...he is a victim along with the rest of us of really bad coaching. What kind of a performance do you think we could expect from DC tomorrow if he and even our OL played for Jeff Fisher for the last 4 years intead of Capers?

Here is hoping that the Texans hammer (not play Capers win it with the last possession in the 4th with a FG ball) the Titans. Maybe Bud Adams will get mad at Fisher if they lose enough games this year and McNair could then add him to his potential new HC list. Go Texans!!!
humbleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005   #48
BREAZE
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
That means in the history of this franchise we have never had Carr throw for over 210 yards and 2 TD's in a win.
The Texans have given up more sacks than any other team in history over a 3 year period...they are on pace to extend this 4 yrs running.

Its like a guy being robbed at gunpoint for 3 years straight and now catching heat because he's a little jumpy. I'm not saying Carr is going to take us to the promise land because he may be damaged beyond repair. However, to try and pin all the lack of offense production on Carr is shallow at best. I don't care if we had Brett Farve in his prime for the last 3 years, you would have seen these same results with this sorry excuse of an O-line.

The blame can be spread from top to bottom...period!
BREAZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005   #49
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

One thing that is absolutely certain about this team is that the pass protection is HORRIBLE. Let's get it fixed before we worry about what QB we want (Carr or whoever), because nobody's gonna do jack-(you know what) with this pass protection. We could have AJ, Moss, and Owens with (insert your favorite all-time QB here) and still have a bad offense right now.

We need to fix the O-line, get a 2 dimensional TE (or get Joppru healthy), get a legitimate #2 receiver going (whether he's already on the team or not), and THEN we can worry about whether Carr is the man or whether DD will ever rush for like 1600 yds. You can't lead the league in sacks allowed every year and blame your freaking QB for your problems. I see Carr making mistakes, but I even wonder if some of the best QBs around wouldn't make the same mistakes under these circumstances. Even if they wouldn't, it doesn't matter, because I want to know how Carr will do under a completely different set of circumstances, like when we have excellent protection and he's reading the blitz and making a play in the Superbowl. Why should I even care how good or bad he is under circumstances that no QB should even have to play under in the first place? Casserly or Capers. One of them needs to go.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read