Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 10-13-2011   #141
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The "Who should I start" thread

OK, I dropped Bush for Painter. Still hanging on to Matt Ryan as well. I looked at my RB situation, and I only need 1 RB to fill in for Turner and Jackson in weeks 7 and 8. Lynch plays Cleveland and Cincy those weeks, which ought to work out nicely. Now that Henne is out for the season, I don't think Miami will have anyone worth much in fantasy going forward. Bush wasn't doing much anyways.
Old 10-13-2011   #142
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 27679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
OK, I dropped Bush for Painter. Still hanging on to Matt Ryan as well. I looked at my RB situation, and I only need 1 RB to fill in for Turner and Jackson in weeks 7 and 8. Lynch plays Cleveland and Cincy those weeks, which ought to work out nicely. Now that Henne is out for the season, I don't think Miami will have anyone worth much in fantasy going forward. Bush wasn't doing much anyways.

Yeah i'm trying to trade Brandon Marshall for scraps right now. I don't see him doing much the rest of the year.
Ryan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011   #143
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Yeah i'm trying to trade Brandon Marshall for scraps right now. I don't see him doing much the rest of the year.
Just imagine being a Broncos fan who had Cutler, Marshall and Hillis, and now have garbage.

I think Marshalls value has gone down since Henne got injured, but who knows, maybe the new QB will throw to Marshall often.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011   #144
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

So I'm about to be 5-1 in my big money league, but this week a few interesting drops were made. Someone dropped Lagarette Blount, I'm guessing due to injury, and another guy dropped Mike Tolbert. My team is pretty solid at RB with Fred Jackson, Ray Rice, Michael Turner and Marshawn Lynch as the fill-in, but I'm always looking to get better and prevent other teams from getting better. I'm going to try to grab one of them and drop Robert Meechem who I no longer need now that Colston is back to 100%. But who's the better pickup, Blount or Tolbert?
Old 10-17-2011   #145
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Blount is a starter. But if Matthews gets hurt Tolbert would be a nice play if healthy.

They are both bleh IMO.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011   #146
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Blount is a starter. But if Matthews gets hurt Tolbert would be a nice play if healthy.

They are both bleh IMO.
Well, Meachem isn't going to do anything for me now that Colston is back, so I'm just looking to pad my bench. The #2 team has Ryan Matthews as his #1 back, so I'm thinking it would be a good strategic move to grab Tolbert to sabotage his team if Matthews goes down. Either way, these guys won't be starting for me unless one of my 3 RBs misses a game.
Old 10-17-2011   #147
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Info on Blount's injury:

Quote:
LeGarrette Blount is optimistically listed as doubtful to play in week six because of his knee injury. And the exact nature of that knee injury will probably keep him sidelined through the Buccaneers' bye in week eight. Sources of out Tampa reported on Thursday that Blount has a torn MCL. Such injuries usually keep players out of action for two-to-six weeks. The initial reaction has been that the team will hold Blount out through the bye and that he won't play again until week nine versus the New Orleans Saints.
http://www.fftoolbox.com/football/nf...m?news_id=3471

Looks like he's a 'wait-and-see' guy. I'll put in a request for Tolbert first, then Blount. I don't need the bench spots for anything else anyways.
Old 10-17-2011   #148
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Bengals are 6th vs the run after week 7. They have a good defense. Now the good news....the Browns are, well...the Browns.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011   #149
ultimatepaki
Rookie

Quote:
Info on Blount's injury:

http://www.fftoolbox.com/football/nf...m?news_id=3471

Looks like he's a 'wait-and-see' guy. I'll put in a request for Tolbert first, then Blount. I don't need the bench spots for anything else anyways.

I personally would like to have blount more even if hes out till week 9. you have enough rbs to hold onto blount. can't really go wrong though.

Here are the playoff matchups (wks 14, 15, 16)
Tolbert: buf, balt, @det
Blount: @jax, dallas, @carolina

Tolbert has the better matchup in wk 14, but not a good one in 15.
ultimatepaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011   #150
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatepaki View Post
I personally would like to have blount more even if hes out till week 9. you have enough rbs to hold onto blount. can't really go wrong though.

Here are the playoff matchups (wks 14, 15, 16)
Tolbert: buf, balt, @det
Blount: @jax, dallas, @carolina

Tolbert has the better matchup in wk 14, but not a good one in 15.
Good point. Playoffs week 15/16 in this league, so Blount may be a tempting option those days.
Old 10-20-2011   #151
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1365 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Ok, here's a good one on who to start - Schaub or Hasselback?

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011   #152
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans34Life View Post
Ok, here's a good one on who to start - Schaub or Hasselback?
Tough choice. Given their pass defenses, they appear to be nearly equal, and both QBs have not been consistent in their production. I'd actually go with Hasselback on this one, just because he's coming off a bye week and is at home. Schaub often gets rattled in away games, so he's more likely to have a down week, especially without AJ.
Old 10-20-2011   #153
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

My conundrum for the week:

Need 2 WRs, 2 RBs and 1 Flex:

Marques Colston vs Ind
Roddy White @Det
Vincent Jackson @NYJ

Ray Rice @Jac
Michael Turner @Det
Marshawn Lynch @ Cle

At this point, I'm sitting VJax.
Old 10-20-2011   #154
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1365 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
My conundrum for the week:

Need 2 WRs, 2 RBs and 1 Flex:

Marques Colston vs Ind
Roddy White @Det
Vincent Jackson @NYJ

Ray Rice @Jac
Michael Turner @Det
Marshawn Lynch @ Cle

At this point, I'm sitting VJax.
Colston and White for WRs
Rice and Turner for RBs
Lynch as Flex unless you got someone else to flex

What is the rest of your roster?

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Old 10-20-2011   #155
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans34Life View Post
Colston and White for WRs
Rice and Turner for RBs
Lynch as Flex unless you got someone else to flex

What is the rest of your roster?
Rest of the roster is on bye/injured, Fred Jackson, Blount. QBs are Matt Ryan, Andy Dalton and Curtis Painter. Greg Olsen is my TE. Carrying the Pittsburgh and Tenn defenses.
Old 10-20-2011   #156
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

A few of my own. First at QB:

Joe Flacco @ Jac

Matt Ryan @ Det

Carson Palmer vs. KC

And at RB:

Daniel Thomas vs. Den

Ryan Torain @ Car

I'm thinking of going with Flacco & Thomas but would like other opinions?
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011   #157
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post

Joe Flacco @ Jac

Matt Ryan @ Det

Carson Palmer vs. KC

And at RB:

Daniel Thomas vs. Den

Ryan Torain @ Car

Flacco for sure. No reason to risk it on Ryan against Detroit, since the Lions have good QB pressure, which has ruined the Falcons this year.

If Torain gets the start, I would go with him as the Denver run D is awful. If not, you have to go with Thomas.
Old 10-20-2011   #158
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Quote:

Joe Flacco @ Jac

Matt Ryan @ Det

Carson Palmer vs. KC

And at RB:

Daniel Thomas vs. Den

Ryan Torain @ Car

Flacco definitely.

Umm, reading news on Bush might be limited or out, I would go with Thomas. Not sure about Torain.

Old 10-20-2011   #159
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Flacco for sure. No reason to risk it on Ryan against Detroit, since the Lions have good QB pressure, which has ruined the Falcons this year.

If Torain gets the start, I would go with him as the Denver run D is awful. If not, you have to go with Thomas.
Thomas is the one playing Denver. So does that mean I should go with Thomas regardless if Torain starts or not?
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011   #160
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Thomas is the one playing Denver. So does that mean I should go with Thomas regardless if Torain starts or not?
Oh sorry, got mixed up. Yeah, Thomas against Denver should be your best option, especially with John Beck starting for the Skins.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read