Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2011   #361
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kareem Jackson's plight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I don't think that either Jackson or Allen are starting caliber guys. Sure they have the body for it, but their body of work says that Allen is a dime corner, and Jackson is a nick. Texans just don't have anyone better really.
I think fans (including you, Vinny) can be to harsh on some player(s) at times.
Check out the Cardinals board to see how some of them are already on Patrick's Peterson case.

(And I'm pretty sure that almost all of them (if not all of them) were sky high when his name was called on draft day.

Actually, I've already bookmark a few pages.
Just let me have a little break first before I post the links.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011   #362
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Double post

Last edited by 76Texan; 10-17-2011 at 03:38 AM.
Old 10-17-2011   #363
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I think fans (including you, Vinny) can be to harsh on some player(s) at times.
Check out the Cardinals board to see how some of them are already on Patrick's Peterson case.

(And I'm pretty sure that almost all of them (if not all of them) were sky high when his name was called on draft day.

Calling Jackson a nick corner isn't harsh pards....it's just being a critical thinker - and speaking the truth as I see it. No long speed, no elite quickness, and a player that opens his hips too early time after time....heck, nickbacker is a complement.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011   #364
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
You are writing your own narrative instead of seeing what actually happened. Boldin is their best receiver and it makes no sense to double him?

Seriously, why do you try to explain away anything bad Kareem does? Its hard to take your analysis serious. All you do is post stuff to highlight other corners mistakes and stuff to make kareem's screw ups someone elses fault.

BTW, I've already know that you disagree with Dan Dierdoff.

I still want to note that he saw it the same way I do.
I'm not the only one who "dreams up" this scenario.
(Just so others know about it.)

Sure, Dierdoff played on the O-line, but at least he made the Pro-Bowl 7 times and was on the All-Decade team and he has been covering football since 1984.
He may not be right all the time (or even most of the time, or whatever), but at least he can offer a decent take - even when he's wrong.

When you use the term "seriously", you discount the fact that you may be wrong and the other person may be right.

I, on the other hand, always stand corrected.
I never claimed what I observed and what I analyzed are the absolute truth.
I always said that it's only my thinking and that I can be wrong.
Old 10-17-2011   #365
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Calling Jackson a nick corner isn't harsh pards....it's just being a critical thinker - and speaking the truth as I see it. No long speed, no elite quickness, and a player that opens his hips too early time after time....heck, nickbacker is a complement.
Hey for all I know, you could be right.
At the moment though, I have to go with my own evaluation.
We haven't gone through this but what I do know is that my overall take about the Texans players the last 3 years are pretty solid and I can put it up against yours (I'm pretty sure I've read plenty of your takes.)

Ok, I'm going to start posting some links about PP and the Cards.

First, this sounds like a situation we had with Jackson and McCain/Quin at the beginning of last year:

http://arizonasports.com/category/ca...eep-improving/

Here are some posts from the Cards fans after their third game (against the Seahawks, in which he registered the INT).

http://forums.azcardinals.com/showthread.php?t=57821

Really? It says he got an int on the stat sheet, and the fact that he had a quiet day is a great improvement from getting picked on in the previous games. (Notes: PP gave up a TD in each of the first two games.)

He had an int on a hail mary when there was 0.00 left on the half.

I just was disappointed on his punt returns, I felt before this game that he at least had that but now I'm doubting if he is going to play as large of impact as I thought he would.

He was against Seattle this week, probably one of the worst offensive teams in the league.

http://forums.azcardinals.com/showthread.php?t=57853

Maybe we need to put an * on that interception. I love this guy but that was a hail mary on the last play before the half. Not saying it's a gimme, just say'n.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was a gimme int for someone on the defense and it just happen to be peterson

This is just the beginning.

Last edited by 76Texan; 10-17-2011 at 03:39 AM.
Old 10-17-2011   #366
76Texan
Hall of Fame

http://forums.azcardinals.com/showthread.php?t=58058

Our Rookie Class

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.P. is a stud ya he is getting burned alot but that **** is gonna happen his rookie year it happenend to C.Woodson

Peterson's play is downgrading the draft every week though.

Old 10-17-2011   #367
76Texan
Hall of Fame

This is after the Skins game (and it was after Cam Newton tore the Cards up):

Sad. Other fans get to talk about which part of their teams are the strongest. Look at us...

What's worse, our secondary or our O-line...
Neither, it's the linebackers...
None of those, it's the coaching...
Well, you can blame the coaching but the Front Office put them there...
Naah, it's the lack of a legitimate #2 receiver...
It's the pash rush...

I'll add, its also a lack of heart. at least the first half. Completely just no fuel

http://forums.azcardinals.com/showthread.php?t=57633

Cards got dominated. It's that simple.

I am tired of seeing TE and WR catch the ball all day with thw closest DB at least 5 yrds away

A good QB would have put up 40 on the card today!

true. the score should not have been that close our D sucks donkey

I think we all need to cry some more
Old 10-17-2011   #368
76Texan
Hall of Fame

This one is about the other CB, AJ Jefferson, the UDFA that I was talking about:

He's looking like our first round cornerback pick. He's closing well while Peterson has been getting beat in every single game we have played this season....
Old 10-17-2011   #369
76Texan
Hall of Fame

This next thread is pretty hillarious, it's not about Petersen, it's about the Bye week for the Cards:

http://forums.azcardinals.com/showthread.php?t=58341
Old 10-17-2011   #370
76Texan
Hall of Fame

http://forums.azcardinals.com/showthread.php?t=58252

This is afer the Vikings game:

Patrick Peterson is soft

After watching 2 TD's in the 1st quarter by AP I noticed that PP21 wanted no part of AP on the sideline and then he got run over inside the 5 yard line. I thought that PP21 was this freak with size, speed, and strength? Maybe it shows that he was just surrounded by some great players at LSU and it made him a better player. With the pass rush LSU had QB's would make terrible throws and PP was there to capitalize.

I agree as of right now, he's no good. Bottom line is AJ (Jefferson) is outplaying him. Perhaps that means good things, that AJ is and will be quite good, but as of now, 21 (Peterson) is a bad player

He's not soft! he's a rookie.

oh how hypocritical. when Peterson was not starting in the preseason the whole forum was in an uproar as to why isnt coach starting him! what an *****! omg why is he 3rd string?!

now Peterson is starting when it really matters and the same people are crying , omg peterson is a rookie! he isnt ready! why is he starting?! he is soft!

Well, I think Peterson is kind of lost out there because he is so pooly coached...

Getting bulldozed into the endzone is definitely embarrassing.

Looking back. I would much rather have Kerrigan or Aldon Smith on this team. Peterson is struggling bad which no one my self included ever would have thought.
Old 10-17-2011   #371
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30026 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

76 texan, I guess route recognition goes out the window and letting the man step in front of you also. Jackson is always in the trail technique.
Old 10-17-2011   #372
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
76 texan, I guess route recognition goes out the window and letting the man step in front of you also. Jackson is always in the trail technique.
I agree with this. 76, even if you're right & that was cover 4 the diagram shows Kj over the top, where Joseph is supposed to jam & trail.

I'm ok with saying Manning screwed the pooch, maybe he thought the LB was supposed to widen out to cover the under on the TEs route, figured he'd be ok since Kj got the deep half. Then he noticed Kj was standing next to him & tried to recover.

But Kj was beat whether that was man or cover4. There's no way Smith should have been allowed behind him.

Over all, I think Kareem had a good game. 3 mistakes, 4 at the most. Two of them really hurt us.

If our offense put up 25 points, chewed up some clock, it wouldn't have hurt so bad.
Old 10-17-2011   #373
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 91895 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You are kinder then I am. I think both these guys are trash and if it wasn't for the Texans neither of these guys have a career in the NFL.

The sad thing is since 2007 we have drafted 11 CB/S and Jason Allen and Kareem Jackson are the best we got. So basically 28% of our draft over the last 5 years has been one big waste of time.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011   #374
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
You are kinder then I am. I think both these guys are trash and if it wasn't for the Texans neither of these guys have a career in the NFL.

The sad thing is since 2007 we have drafted 11 CB/S and Jason Allen and Kareem Jackson are the best we got. So basically 28% of our draft over the last 5 years has been one big waste of time.
Repped

Looking at those numbers should get Rick/Gary fired.

You would think that1 out of the 11 would atleast be a competent NFL caliber CB. BTW, Molden looked better than Allen/KJ against the Cowgirls yesterday.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011   #375
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
When you use the term "seriously", you discount the fact that you may be wrong and the other person may be right.
No...In the context I used "seriously" it means that I am not being an ass hole by asking the question and would like an honest answer.

Quote:
I, on the other hand, always stand corrected.
I never claimed what I observed and what I analyzed are the absolute truth.
I always said that it's only my thinking and that I can be wrong.
I put IMO after most of the stuff I write too. But that doesn't mean that there are times when I am convinced that I am right and the opposing view is not.

If you tell me Kareem has been a good player and constantly come up with narritives that excuse poor plays by him and always post poor plays from other corners and try to draw some kind of parallel I think you are wrong. JMO.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011   #376
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post

And this is a direct problem for the rest of the team. Wonder why we don't have more OL depth or a young WR capable of challenging Jacoby/Walter; too much time trusting that former DB Rick smith knows what he is looking at and trying to fix the roster versus build one.
Old 10-17-2011   #377
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
And this is a direct problem for the rest of the team. Wonder why we don't have more OL depth or a young WR capable of challenging Jacoby/Walter; too much time trusting that former DB Rick smith knows what he is looking at and trying to fix the roster versus build one.
bingo, our scouting department or at least the decison makers have proven they have no clue when it comes to drafting cb's, ss's, and fs's

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011   #378
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30026 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I agree with this. 76, even if you're right & that was cover 4 the diagram shows Kj over the top, where Joseph is supposed to jam & trail.

I'm ok with saying Manning screwed the pooch, maybe he thought the LB was supposed to widen out to cover the under on the TEs route, figured he'd be ok since Kj got the deep half. Then he noticed Kj was standing next to him & tried to recover.

But Kj was beat whether that was man or cover4. There's no way Smith should have been allowed behind him.

Over all, I think Kareem had a good game. 3 mistakes, 4 at the most. Two of them really hurt us.

If our offense put up 25 points, chewed up some clock, it wouldn't have hurt so bad.
I understand, trust me, I do, but at some point you have to do your job. There isn't one play designed to give it up. Knowing your opponet is also a huge facet of the game. Torrey has shown the ability to run anything on the route tre other than a fly route or post. Jackson gave him a huge cushion because of his speed,like 7 yards. On a post route the stem is normally at 12-15 yds. Once in his back pedal and smith is closing, the stem comes. Because jackson can't open his hips wthout losing speed, once the stem came, the distance was created. If jackson had route recognitionor closing burst, flacco probably never throws that pass because flacco never throws a guy open. The window was there in the lag and now people are talking about manning biting a teaser route. In the nfl, you can't hide poor cb unless you have 85 bears pass rush.
Old 10-19-2011   #379
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

If anyone has the ability to go back & watch the game, please look at the play the Ravens took @6:08 in the 4th Qtr.

It's 2nd & 6 from the Ravens' 37. The score is 19-14 Ravens. Tell me what you think of Kareem's defense of Torrey Smith's out route.

Then watch the next play where he defends a deep crossing route.
Old 10-19-2011   #380
Lucky

Rep Power: 213963 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I just don't understand where you're going with this. Because Cards fans are down on Patrick Peterson, Kareem Jackson is judged too harshly? That makes zero sense. There's no correlation between the two, other than both are NFL CBs. What Patrick Peterson does or doesn't do has no bearing on Kareem Jackson's suckitude.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read