Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-06-2005   #1
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13331 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Did Carr do anything right?

We have read all the things Carr does/did wrong. This past week I thought I saw a good QB play. Not saying there is no room for improvement, but I thought he made good throws when he was able to and didn't force things like he was.

And I am not sure if my eyes were fooling me but I could've sworn he stepped up in the pocket before he threw a few times.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005   #2
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
We have read all the things Carr does/did wrong. This past week I thought I saw a good QB play. Not saying there is no room for improvement, but I thought he made good throws when he was able to and didn't force things like he was.

And I am not sure if my eyes were fooling me but I could've sworn he stepped up in the pocket before he threw a few times.
He did, but he didnt throw for 400 yards and 5 TD's so he needs to get outta here so we can get some 1st round picks for him.
Old 10-06-2005   #3
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

He managed the game. He did what it took to not be the cause of our loss, as in only had one turnover (questionable, but TO all the same). If we're going to take another step though, he's going to have to improve his play.

The way I see it right now, is a larger version as what takes place in a game -

Say your QB is struggling, can't seem to get a pass completed, just isn't comfortable at all. So you give him a couple short passes to get into a rhythm and get comfortable doing what he does best, and then you progress from there to deeper passes. The thing with Carr, is that might take a game or two of steady play to get to that point. I think as he regains confidence and gets the simple things down, we'll increasingly do more on offense.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005   #4
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13331 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

That's what I was thinking.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005   #5
z0rpAn
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to z0rpAn Send a message via MSN to z0rpAn Send a message via Yahoo to z0rpAn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddevil63
He did, but he didnt throw for 400 yards and 5 TD's so he needs to get outta here so we can get some 1st round picks for him.
maybe we could put you in behind that line and see if you can get 50 yards. now sit down and shut up.
z0rpAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005   #6
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0rpAn
maybe we could put you in behind that line and see if you can get 50 yards. now sit down and shut up.
Your not to good on picking up sarcasm are you????? Its ok, I'll try and draw it out with a crayon next time. Which color do you prefer?
Old 10-06-2005   #7
touttail
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano

The first time we had the ball, we ran a couple of roll out passes for 15/20 yards each time. Why Pendry quit doing something that was working is beyond me???????????

bobby 119C :brickwall
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-06-2005   #8
wrestler4life
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddevil63
Your not to good on picking up sarcasm are you????? Its ok, I'll try and draw it out with a crayon next time. Which color do you prefer?
Wow
wrestler4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005   #9
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I saw him throw the ball (GASP!) out of bounds when he saw he didn;t have a WR open to throw to. That was good. He had been just trotting out of bounds, and it seems Pendry has yelled that out of him.

I saw him NOT slam the ball down and get fussy after a busted play. It was nice to see him show some restraint. I'm sure he was confronted on that, as well.

It appeared he DID step up into the pocket a few times, and for the most part he delivered a more accurate ball when he did that.

He still played hard and dove head first for a few first downs, which is good to see if you ask me...shows he's still got the "try" in his heart.

Overall, it was definitely a step in the right direction. Look, I've led the pack some times during the preseason and early reg season in bashing Carr. But I have to admit that he seems to have began the turn around. I saw a cocky, irresponsible Qb during the preseason who wouldn't take personal ownership for his own mistakes. Now it seems he has gotten tired of losing, and losing BAD I might say. So...natural-born leaders tend to bandage themselves up and get back on the right track when they're tired of losing.

Would you rather have Harrington or Culpepper right now? Or maybe Pennington? How about Kyle Boller? Carr is not the worst QB, he's just finding that poise again that he lost during the Cleveland game last season.

Here's to hopefully a second-straight solid game by Carr. No turnovers, no quirky and jittery panic attacks. If he takes care of the ball and minimizes panic attacks...we might just win the game.

AND THEN ESPN AND ALL THE SPORTS WORLD WILL GIVE US OUR PROPS!!!!!!

sorry....that last part was just an attempt at humor. i probably failed.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005   #10
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

he had his best game of the year, but still not worthy of 8 million
Old 10-07-2005   #11
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 329528 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75
Everyone back on the wagon.............
Hulk75. You obviously take a great interest in Carr and I believe you said you have done some coaching. What are the things you see that David needs to improve on?--every QB has multiple things they can improve upon, so what are some for Dave?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read