Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-14-2011   #21
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43308 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Playbook : Texans to pull a shocking Win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
I think you take the Raiders too lightly, as they will end up being one of the better teams in the NFL this season under Hue Jackson. A 10-6 record for the Raiders is quite realistic when all is said in done; I don't figure they'll beat the Packers or Lions later in the season, and should split with the Chargers.
I'm not for a moment saying the Raiders aren't a good team. I am saying good teams are expected to win home games against other teams with comparable talent and ability, or as it were other good teams. Therefor we should be at 4-1 right now and 4-2 going into Nashville a week from Sunday.
In other words this Raiders game was a definite misstep by the Texans.
Is it a show-stopper ? No, of course not, but it ain't good. It's disappointing and of some concern.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011   #22
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56462 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

We "shouldnt" be anything. When two teams are even, no result should be shocking.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011   #23
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Time to put up or shutup. No more excuses & no more if this had happened or that call had gone our way; it's time to play football. I am sick that most of my enjoyment comes from the NFL draft. I can absorb a loss but need to see an outstanding team effort with good game plan and excellent coaching.
Amen brother, preach on!!
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011   #24
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I have a strange feeling that the Texans pull this game off. When they have really bad games, they usually bounce back and surprise people ...
They surprised the crap out of me when they ripped off that first 4 game loosing streak. Sitting at 4-2 I was so damn confident there was no way we'd go 5-7 for a 4th straight year.

UUUUnnnnggggHHaa..

just thinking about the smug look on DexmanC's face... damn Fredrick Douglass looking...
Old 10-15-2011   #25
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 31768 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Sterling said, "The Shocker!"? Okay, let's give it to 'em.

EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011   #26
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know who wins, that's why they play the games. That said, the Ravens offense can struggle mightily. If we're going to pull out a win here our offense, defense, and special teams all have to show up and can't take plays off.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011   #27
headsplint
All Pro

Rep Power: 1332 headsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respected

The reality is we're probably going to lose. Sure we can win, but considering our history and current circumstances all signs point to a loss.

I have hope and I still don't know what to make of this years Texans team, but until it's proven..This is what we're facing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
AT HOME this Texans team might pull off the win. With AJ this Texans team might pull off the win.

But on the road without AJ against a team that has Ray Rice and Ray Lewis leading their team this is almost a sure loss. Texans lose by 10.
Only, i'm thinking Texans lose by 20. Hope i'm wrong.
Old 10-15-2011   #28
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 71355 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Key is to destroy Flacco. Defense actually had an ok game against Flacco last year and sacked him 5 times despite being near the bottom of the league in sacks last year.

The only player were in completion percentage than Joe Flacco is Kerry Collins.

Rush him, make him throw into tight windows, don't give up the big play on the run.
Old 10-15-2011   #29
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Any Given Sunday y'all. Don't ever forget that. That Ravens team respects the Texans after the bloodbath last year. This is a trap game....>FOR THEM< If you heard them speak, they know this team is capable of beating them. They know it's gonna be a war win, lose or draw. Gonna be a helluva game.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011   #30
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 156418 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

The Ratbirds are a different team at home where they have won 12 of their last 13 games and QB Joe Flacco is 21-5 at home...just sayin'

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011   #31
thunderkyss 
&amp; so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
The Ratbirds are a different team at home where they have won 12 of their last 13 games and QB Joe Flacco is 21-5 at home...just sayin'
So we've got a chance?
Old 10-15-2011   #32
Lucky

Rep Power: 145116 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsplint View Post
Only, i'm thinking Texans lose by 20. Hope i'm wrong.
I'm think that it will be a close game, and the Texans will find some way to make a key mistake (players/coaches/combo) to hand it to the Ravens. Because that's what the Texans do best.
Old 10-15-2011   #33
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 43499 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans win 31-20, because thats what we do! Foster with a monster day and Matt bounces back nicely.
Old 10-15-2011   #34
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29411 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

If the texans play a clean game, they can win. it will come down to the texans defense vs the ravens offense and vice versa. i feel the texans d is better than the ravens o and vice versa. Schaub has to play well, but his strong suit , mid range passing is also their stroong points. They could attack the cbs, but with who?
Old 10-16-2011   #35
Cerberus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 71740 Cerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
I'm not for a moment saying the Raiders aren't a good team. I am saying good teams are expected to win home games against other teams with comparable talent and ability, or as it were other good teams. Therefor we should be at 4-1 right now and 4-2 going into Nashville a week from Sunday.
In other words this Raiders game was a definite misstep by the Texans.
Is it a show-stopper ? No, of course not, but it ain't good. It's disappointing and of some concern.
I can appreciate that. I guess my response was more due to many Texan fans believing the Raiders were somehow a vastly inferior team, when in fact they are a very talented team that under Hue Jackson seems to be getting it together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
If the texans play a clean game, they can win. it will come down to the texans defense vs the ravens offense and vice versa. i feel the texans d is better than the ravens o and vice versa. Schaub has to play well, but his strong suit , mid range passing is also their stroong points. They could attack the cbs, but with who?
This game should come down to which offense can sneak a few points on the board against the other team's defense. We all know about the Ravens' defense, and this season the Texan's defense has become much improved. As for offenses, I think the Texan's offense if better than the Raven's offense. So, it will be the superior Raven D against the superior Texan O, and the stout Texan D against a more than adequate Raven O. Play the game in Houston, and the Texans have a good chance, but in Baltimore you have to give the edge to the Ravens.

Then again, here is how I see things possibly going:

@ Balt (L) 3-3
@ Tenn (L) 3-4
Jax (W) 4-4
Clev (W) 5-4
@ TB (W) 6-4
@ Jax (L) 6-5
Atl (W) 7-5
@ Cincy (L) 7-6
Car (W) 8-6
@ Indy (W) 9-6
Tenn (W) 10-6
Old 10-16-2011   #36
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 9556 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Not at all, but I didn't think Pittsburgh was a "should win" I had those three games as "could" wins New Orleans, Pittsburgh, & Baltimore, favoring the Steelers game, because it was at home.

Yes, I think we're talented enough to beat Super Bowl Contenders. Yes, I agree the bottleneck is in the same spot you think it is.
LOL @ bottleneck....I'd say that's one way to describe it/him/them
Dishman is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read