Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 10-11-2011   #41
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The "Should I do this trade thread"

Update: Looks like we are doing Brady for AJ straight up. He needs a top WR since Britt went down and he wants to start Cam Newton.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011   #42
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Update: Looks like we are doing Brady for AJ straight up. He needs a top WR since Britt went down and he wants to start Cam Newton.
So are you going to try to sell Schaub for a WR? Cause that other trade with Fitz, Brady and Bradshaw looks pretty good.
Old 10-11-2011   #43
ultimatepaki
Rookie

Someone offered me AJ + roddy white for matt forte (he's winless so he wants to blow up his team)

Notable members on my team:
qb: schaub, bradford
rb: forte, fred jackson, Chris johnson
wr: vincent jackson, stevie johnson, mike williams (tb), nate washington

i'm kind of tempted to do this. i was thinking if that trade went through I'd be able to flip one of the wrs for a qb as someone is trying to trade stafford.

should I go for it? (there's something to be said for standing pat as I haven't lost yet, but I'm always looking to improve)
ultimatepaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011   #44
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatepaki View Post
Someone offered me AJ + roddy white for matt forte (he's winless so he wants to blow up his team)

i'm kind of tempted to do this. i was thinking if that trade went through I'd be able to flip one of the wrs for a qb as someone is trying to trade stafford.

should I go for it? (there's something to be said for standing pat as I haven't lost yet, but I'm always looking to improve)
What's your setup for starting? Do you have a flex? Is it PPR?
Old 10-11-2011   #45
Ckw

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
So are you going to try to sell Schaub for a WR? Cause that other trade with Fitz, Brady and Bradshaw looks pretty good.
That's the one my eyes almost jumped out of my head at. Fitz is close in skill to Megatron, Bradshaw isn't too much worse than Matthews, and Brady is the best QB in the league. Winning!!

Anyway, I still like your trade of Brady for AJ straight up but like Dutch said, I'd find someone with a crappy QB and offer them Schaub for a WR. Your WR depth is taking a huge hit losing AJ.

Quote:

No question. You've got Chris Johnson and Fred Jackson to start for you.
Old 10-11-2011   #46
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Yes I would do it. You can still start Jackson and Johnson and be loaded at WR. Like you said you can flip one to upgrade another position.
Old 10-11-2011   #47
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
I will try to trade him for a #2 WR. If I can...

That was a tempting trade offer, but with AJ hurt right now, I cant risk only having Fitz @WR, while taking a hit at RB. Bradshaw is not as good a fantasy producer like Matthews has been. Also with AJ out this week, and Fitz on a bye, I would basically be giving the game away this week.

With the 1 for 1 trade my lineup will look like this.

QB - Tom Brady
WR - Calvin Johnson
WR - Devery Henderson
RB - Frank Gore
RB - Ryan Matthews
TE - Jason Witten
WR/TE Flex - Rob Gronkowski
K - Seabastian Janikowski
DEF - Saints/Falcons
Old 10-11-2011   #48
ultimatepaki
Rookie

Quote:
What's your setup for starting? Do you have a flex? Is it PPR?
standard yahoo league NON ppr.
1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 flex, 1 tight end, 1 def, 1 kicker

I'm just a little gun shy mainly bc of this stat:
forte 345 receiving yards (in addition to his 440 rushing yds)
AJ and Roddy each have 352 receiving yards
Old 10-11-2011   #49
ultimatepaki
Rookie

Quote:
Yes I would do it. You can still start Jackson and Johnson and be loaded at WR. Like you said you can flip one to upgrade another position.
yeah. I figured as much. Just hope that CJ2k returns to form.
Old 10-11-2011   #50
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
standard yahoo league NON ppr.
1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 flex, 1 tight end, 1 def, 1 kicker

I'm just a little gun shy mainly bc of this stat:
forte 345 receiving yards (in addition to his 440 rushing yds)
AJ and Roddy each have 352 receiving yards
In an NON-PPR league, I would advise against this trade. Roddy White hasn't been as good as I had hoped this year, and AJ is out for another week or so, plus a bye in week 11. Your team would have 4 #1 WRs if you do this trade, and only two #1 RBs. You can't play all 4 WRs at once, but you can play all three RBs. I like your setup as it is, and if anything, I would try to trade CJ for AJ or White if you really want one of them and the other guy is hard up for RBs.
Old 10-11-2011   #51
ultimatepaki
Rookie

Quote:
In an NON-PPR league, I would advise against this trade. Roddy White hasn't been as good as I had hoped this year, and AJ is out for another week or so, plus a bye in week 11. Your team would have 4 #1 WRs if you do this trade, and only two #1 RBs. You can't play all 4 WRs at once, but you can play all three RBs. I like your setup as it is, and if anything, I would try to trade CJ for AJ or White if you really want one of them and the other guy is hard up for RBs.
i see. the guy has miles austin as well. I know he's coming off an injury too, but is he a better option than roddy?
Old 10-11-2011   #52
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
i see. the guy has miles austin as well. I know he's coming off an injury too, but is he a better option than roddy?
Yeah, I like miles more than Roddy for the future. You might try trading CJ and Vincent Jackson for two of White/AJ/Austin. Do you have any Other RBs available?
Old 10-11-2011   #53
ultimatepaki
Rookie

Quote:
Yeah, I like miles more than Roddy for the future. You might try trading CJ and Vincent Jackson for two of White/AJ/Austin. Do you have any Other RBs available?
I have fred jackson as well, but the other guy doesn't seem to want him. no rbs on my bench though. I might end up just staying as is and sticking with these 3 rbs.
Old 10-11-2011   #54
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
I have fred jackson as well, but the other guy doesn't seem to want him. no rbs on my bench though. I might end up just staying as is and sticking with these 3 rbs.
Well you're going to need a third RB either way, so you might want to make sure you get one in any trade you do.
Old 10-13-2011   #55
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1365 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Trade Proposal:

Frank Gore for Peyton Hillis and Jermaine Gresham.

I have Frank Gore. Should I do it?

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011   #56
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans34Life View Post
Trade Proposal:

Frank Gore for Peyton Hillis and Jermaine Gresham.

I have Frank Gore. Should I do it?
Probably not. Who are your RBs and TEs?
Old 10-13-2011   #57
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1365 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Probably not. Who are your RBs and TEs?
RBs:

SJax
Gore
C. Johnson

TE:

Jake Ballard
Dallas Clark

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011   #58
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans34Life View Post
RBs:

SJax
Gore
C. Johnson

TE:

Jake Ballard
Dallas Clark
Doesn't seem like you gain much there. Gresham is doing alright, but your RBs are already kind of thin. I would stick with Gore as I think his production will be worth more than what you would gain by dropping down to Hillis and upgrading to Gresham. See if you can trade CJ or SJax instead. Gore's too good for that.
Old 10-13-2011   #59
Blake
MMQB

Gresham is on the waiver wire in some leagues. Not worth trading for. Just depends on who you think will miss more games. Gore to injury, or Hillis to disgruntled disgruntleness.
Old 10-13-2011   #60
ultimatepaki
Rookie

Quote:
Gresham is on the waiver wire in some leagues. Not worth trading for. Just depends on who you think will miss more games. Gore to injury, or Hillis to disgruntled disgruntleness.
yeah I just don't think much of Hillis at all. i would hold onto gore in your case.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read