Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Who do you think will step up to replace Mario
Antonio Smith 3 23.08%
Connor Barwin 2 15.38%
JJ Watt 1 7.69%
Brooks Reed 7 53.85%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-10-2011   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194572 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Who do you think will step up to replace Mario

I think Antonio will. He's been having a monster season, he's the most veteran guy on the DL, & he's going to let the dog out.

I think Antonio is going to the Pro Bowl this year & he's going to enable the guys around him to get theres. I think we'll have at least two guys with double digit sacks... Antonio & someone else.
Old 10-10-2011   #2
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 65939 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who do you think will step up to replace Mario

a bull dozer if the NFL will allow us to use one as a replacement for Mario, As far as everyone else goes on the team i just dont see anyone being able to step in his spot and be as productive/disruptive as he was.
Old 10-10-2011   #3
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

It's gonna have to be Barwin i think. Barwin will essentially be taking Mario's place in that I'm assuming they're gonna rotate around to get Barwin the best matchups instead of the other way around.
Old 10-10-2011   #4
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, Reed will replace Mario in the lineup. As far as who becomes the key playmaker in this defense from here out, I think it will be Brian Cushing. He's back.
Old 10-10-2011   #5
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

According to DM, the waterboy can come in and have the same impact as Mario.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011   #6
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I assume Reed is a far better coverage guy than Mario. He'll just have to be better in that sense and it will make us a little less predictable on D.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194572 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Well, Reed will replace Mario in the lineup. As far as who becomes the key playmaker in this defense from here out, I think it will be Brian Cushing. He's back.
I should have said on the DL.... Cushing was awesome yesterday. He looked like that BEAST that won DROY twice in the same year.

They were selling Demeco short on the radio this morning.... I think he's a lot closer to his old self as well.
Old 10-10-2011   #8
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92342 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
a bull dozer if the NFL will allow us to use one as a replacement for Mario, As far as everyone else goes on the team i just dont see anyone being able to step in his spot and be as productive/disruptive as he was.
Wow dude, I bet you have a poster of Mario on your bedroom ceiling.
Old 10-10-2011   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Is that wrong??
Old 10-10-2011   #10
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Seeing as Connor Barwin will shift over to the Will, I'd go with him. Phillips is on record saying that everybody wants to play the Will in his system because they always lead the team in sacks.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011   #11
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69234 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
His mom probably caught him toughing himself in unclean places. While he was solely focused on his shiny new MW poster. LOL
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read