Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-07-2011   #21
HOUFan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 HOUFan could be on the next Madden coverHOUFan could be on the next Madden coverHOUFan could be on the next Madden coverHOUFan could be on the next Madden coverHOUFan could be on the next Madden coverHOUFan could be on the next Madden coverHOUFan could be on the next Madden cover
Default Re: Texans, SportsRadio 610 have renewed partnership through 2021

I think I am one of the few on this board who prefers 610; I could never get used to hearing 790 or 1560. Every time I turn to it they seem to have silence between talking (maybe it's just me that notices it). I think I'm one of the few that likes Josh Innes too. lol

I usually only listen to game day coverage on the ride home from Reliant while stuck in traffic though...and only if they won. Otherwise I can't bare to listen after a loss for about 24 hrs.
HOUFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011   #22
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOUFan View Post
I think I am one of the few on this board who prefers 610; I could never get used to hearing 790 or 1560. Every time I turn to it they seem to have silence between talking (maybe it's just me that notices it). I think I'm one of the few that likes Josh Innes too. lol

I usually only listen to game day coverage on the ride home from Reliant while stuck in traffic though...and only if they won. Otherwise I can't bare to listen after a loss for about 24 hrs.
I like 610 too. Josh does too much at times, but lately he's been better IMO. Maybe because hes up for a raise or something.

I like Matt Thomas o's 610. Pallilo is Like listening to a book at times. He has a good show, but it's not all that entertaining to me.

I talk a lot of sports, football specifically. I can stand breaks from football and sports talk to hear "other stuff" occasionally. I often listen to 610 when I work out. Makes the workout fly by.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011   #23
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Meh.

Vandemeer is a good broadcaster....but morning radio guy, geez, he and Lopez are like two goofy 50 year old 5 year olds. Rome is perfect for the hard of hearing, since he repeats everything he says about a million times. Rich Lord and Josh Innes, my goodness I'd rather listen to Cher. Or Bono talking politics. Or Sean Penn talk. I'd rather listen to somebody eat a whole jar of mayonaise.

The Big Show is easily the BEST Show. Perfect combo of knowledgeable guys who aren't a) too smart for you to even say, "Hey how's it goin?" (Palilo) or b) too goofy to take seriously (VanDermeer). Honestly, I'd like 790 to just run 8/9 hour Big shows....and then just repeat them until the next one. Or like....since Matt Thomas show is funny but not sports and Pallilo is sports but not funny (at all) .....make them a less big show and balance each other out.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011   #24
SouthSideTexan
HATER!!!!!

Section: 319 Row L
Rep Power: 400 SouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
They have Lance Zierlein, Adam Wexler, and Charlie Pallilo and don't have Josh Innes and John Lopez.
I quit listening to 610 because of Matt and Adam. Then when they went to 790 I had to switch back. Josh Innes is a jackass and who cares about someones dog or what movie is coming out. I want sports, I don't care who's birthday it is. We need the old 610 back and dump these new guys.
Old 10-07-2011   #25
jtexas
Veteran

Rep Power: 967 jtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respected

790 would be great... if they didn't focus on boring soccer, UH Football, and Astros. They got the crappy end of all the sports.
jtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011   #26
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
If those guys on 790 have some fun now and then I'd check it out. They're not all serious all the time are they? Like I hate sports shows that are like CNN for sports....
They'll goof around, for sure. And then they'll hit you over the head with this.

I only get to listen for about 45 minutes a day, so I don't know if Lance still gets to talk about pop culture and the local chef scene and stuff. But, they do crack it up on a regular basis.
Old 10-07-2011   #27
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
They have Lance Zierlein, Adam Wexler, and Charlie Pallilo and don't have Josh Innes and John Lopez.
Will it be LZ or SEC guy? Or one of his other voices. I know you can't do sports non-stop but thats the part if his shows that bug me.
Old 10-07-2011   #28
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
Since I'm not in Houston....I just do 610 online (and honestly I like Lpez and Vandy in the mornings for the comedy at least if nothing else)....just curious...what is so awesome about 790?

Serious ?
I am with you. I like 610 early then go 790 when Rome comes on then usually back to 610 at 2 PM, but Josh of J&R makes ears bleed so may stay with 790, then the odd couple on 610 because Barry Warner is as old as I am and also a Jew like me, not to mention he has a good historical context. Lots of folks don't like Barry, but I do even though he tends to pontificate.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011   #29
jtexas
Veteran

Rep Power: 967 jtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Meh.

Vandemeer is a good broadcaster....but morning radio guy, geez, he and Lopez are like two goofy 50 year old 5 year olds. Rome is perfect for the hard of hearing, since he repeats everything he says about a million times. Rich Lord and Josh Innes, my goodness I'd rather listen to Cher. Or Bono talking politics. Or Sean Penn talk. I'd rather listen to somebody eat a whole jar of mayonaise.

The Big Show is easily the BEST Show. Perfect combo of knowledgeable guys who aren't a) too smart for you to even say, "Hey how's it goin?" (Palilo) or b) too goofy to take seriously (VanDermeer). Honestly, I'd like 790 to just run 8/9 hour Big shows....and then just repeat them until the next one. Or like....since Matt Thomas show is funny but not sports and Pallilo is sports but not funny (at all) .....make them a less big show and balance each other out.
I think Vandemeer and Lopez would be 10x better if they were as die-hard as the 790 guys. The 790 guys sound like they are stat crunchers and watch every single game. Lopez sounds like he is a casual fan that can carry a conversation. My favorite was when Sapp called out lopez and said "how are you going to cover a team and ask me a question you dont even know the answer to".
jtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011   #30
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzO View Post
Meh - keep the homers on 610. I prefer the quality on 790.
^^^^
This
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011   #31
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Being far from home my only option sometimes is to listen to SportsRadio 610 online. I think they do an excellent job and to be honest I am somewhat blindsided by the overall negative response I am seeing on here so far.
TexansLucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011   #32
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm 100 miles South of Houston, and at work the station that comes in the best is 610, so I listen to that more than 790... 610 is okay for the most part, but I'd maybe listen to 790 a bit more if it came in clearer...

well, up until Pallilo comes on...

Man, I just don't know about that guy... I like him, nice dude, pretty straight forward and all... He's smart as hell (what, a Rhodes Scholor or whatever it's called?), but c'mon! It'll be a game-week Friday or Monday after and 610 will be bumping with Texans and NFL talk all day... then I get in my truck, turn 790 on (better reception in the truck) and it's just a buzz-kill with Charlie talking about some tennis player in 1972 that won a match against some Brazilian who ended up getting into olympic swimming because they developed a fear of yellow, fuzzy balls... then he'll reel off every player in baseball history that was 5'9 or shorter, just there talking to himself about it... then he'll shoot off a "mmmmmmmm, not so much!"...

Josh Innis is starting to get on my nerves... again... I don't expect it to be 100% positive talk about the Texans or anything, trust me it gets old, but if you get proved wrong stop trying to find every way to make it sound right... if you're wrong, move along... And we get it, the Pittsburg Oline was banged up... he opened the Monday show with it, opened up every segment that day with it and brought it up all week... relevent point? yes... does it mean anything? yah, a W... move along...

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011   #33
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 51245 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

The Voice and Trophy do a good job with the game. When they did a radio show together though, that was pretty bad.

Not listening to a whole lot of sports radio any more since 1560 went CPOD and LZ parted ways. I do catch 790 a little bit in the morning, but it's hard to listen with Matt & Adam. Not only have I never cared much for them because they can sound like whiney little beeatches, but since I have been listening the last couple of weeks, I've caught them several times just throwing out bad stats, misinformation and such. They're not very good.

But as long as LZ is there, and they keep bring in Larry Z as a weekly guest, I'll have to tolerate M & A.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #34
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
My biggest beef with 610 is they don't talk a whole lot of sports in the morning hours and then it's Rome until 2pm. In that time frame 790 usually has Adam, Matt and Lance which is the best sports talk on Houston radio at the moment. After that they have a couple of local guys (Dylan Gwinn who I can't stand and Matt Thomas who is alright, but a little boring) and then they cap it with Charlie Palillo who is excellent in his own right.

I do like 610 for having local guys on throughout the weekend, which is very nice, especially when it's not football season. But they talk a lot about extra ciricular shit on 610 like movies and celebrity birthdays and ugh who cares.
My thoughts exactly. 610 should just change the title to general talk because they never actually: 1) take anyone's call 2) get pissed at people who disagree with them 3) talk about a bunch of non sports stuff as well as their personal lives. Seriously? I don't really care what your dog is doing just talk about the Houston sports franchises and local college teams.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #35
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkcookie View Post
well, up until Pallilo comes on...

Man, I just don't know about that guy... I like him, nice dude, pretty straight forward and all... He's smart as hell (what, a Rhodes Scholor or whatever it's called?), but c'mon! It'll be a game-week Friday or Monday after and 610 will be bumping with Texans and NFL talk all day... then I get in my truck, turn 790 on (better reception in the truck) and it's just a buzz-kill with Charlie talking about some tennis player in 1972 that won a match against some Brazilian who ended up getting into olympic swimming because they developed a fear of yellow, fuzzy balls... then he'll reel off every player in baseball history that was 5'9 or shorter, just there talking to himself about it... then he'll shoot off a "mmmmmmmm, not so much!"...
I am willing to put up with Pallilo since he never talks about any one subject for too long. If he gets off tangent, he'll take another call and start talking about football again.

With SR610 they barely talk sports for half the show, and when they do it's usually not very well done.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #36
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
My thoughts exactly. 610 should just change the title to general talk because they never actually: 1) take anyone's call 2) get pissed at people who disagree with them 3) talk about a bunch of non sports stuff as well as their personal lives. Seriously? I don't really care what your dog is doing just talk about the Houston sports franchises and local college teams.
though 2 and 3 are accurate for times, your 1 is absolutely false... they take calls all of the time (unless you're talking about Rome, who is not 610)...

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #37
sandmanx
Veteran

Rep Power: 797 sandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOUFan View Post

I like 610 as well. If I have my radio on, it's almost always parked there. Innes does get annoying at times, but overall I like what they talk about. I gave all the other stations in town a chance but I always switch back to 610 within 30 minutes of trying another station.
sandmanx is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read