Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-06-2011   #21
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default Re: Terrell Owens ? would he fit us at all?

I'd sign him as a decoy to free up some coverage for other people to get open...would he want that? No, so it's a mute point.
Old 10-06-2011   #22
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwayshauntay View Post
I didn't know they were cousins.
Wow...total brain fart. I was thinking Chad Ochocinco (and even while I was writing the post even though it was about T.O.).

Please...disregard total idiocy from above. Move along people, nothing to see here.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011   #23
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 33080 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Look,

We should have signed a real #2 receiver this year, instead we kept JJ, who has produced 1 catch in the last two games... Kevin Walter is hurt, and well after that we don't have anyone that can step on the field.

Like it or not if TO can step in and produce, then I'm all for it. Playoffs... people that's what you want right?

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011   #24
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
Look,

We should have signed a real #2 receiver this year, instead we kept JJ, who has produced 1 catch in the last two games... Kevin Walter is hurt, and well after that we don't have anyone that can step on the field.

Like it or not if TO can step in and produce, then I'm all for it. Playoffs... people that's what you want right?
We have a real #2 reciever in this offense. It is and has been Owen Daniels.
Old 10-06-2011   #25
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 140315 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post

A QB having multiple targets to whom to throw the ball AND a viable running game? I'm looking for the down-side.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011   #26
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 33080 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Much easier to cover up a tight end than a true WR IMHO. We don't have a great slot guy like the patriots.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011   #27
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111966 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Holy God.

The radio is eating this MB now.....Hey, why don't we all call in and ask the radio hosts to restate why neither of these guys will EVER play pro football again?!?

TERRELL OWENS = NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RANDY MOSS = NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This ^^^^. Although, I'd take Moss, because all we'd need him for would for a deep threat while AJ took all the attention but he'll never step foot on this team any way.

With TO though, I'd never want him on my team after all of the destruction he has caused so many teams. This is a rare time where I'm glad we have an owner that won't sign a guy like TO.

As far as his blocking skills that's being debated, he is a very good blocker and always has been. Very physical and he's great in that mold. I'd love to have him here right now if there wasn't such a long history and potential to where he'd disrupt the team.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011   #28
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 77701 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3rm0nt3r View Post
say what you will about TO's attitude but that dude's always in playing shape. his mind may be the most unprofessional one in league history but the guy's a phenomenal athlete and has proven that by producing well into his late thirties. again not saying Bob should make the signing however if he did TO would still show up faster than half the receiving core. I'm still having nightmares of that end around he had against us when he was in Buffalo.
He is coming off of an ACL surgery, it is very likely that he is not in football shape right now.
Old 10-07-2011   #29
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Bryant Johnson will save us!
Old 10-07-2011   #30
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 237388 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
He isn't going to play anywhere this year. He tore his ACL in April. He is just mouthing off to keep his name relevant so he can make a play for a job next season.
The talking heads on ESPN agree with this. They were saying he needs to get paid because he's in financial dire straits.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011   #31
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39337 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

The number one reason I don't want him is because of his attitude.
Old 10-07-2011   #32
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
This ^^^^. Although, I'd take Moss, because all we'd need him for would for a deep threat while AJ took all the attention but he'll never step foot on this team any way.

With TO though, I'd never want him on my team after all of the destruction he has caused so many teams. This is a rare time where I'm glad we have an owner that won't sign a guy like TO.

As far as his blocking skills that's being debated, he is a very good blocker and always has been. Very physical and he's great in that mold. I'd love to have him here right now if there wasn't such a long history and potential to where he'd disrupt the team.
It's just a farce. But this is what we get/deserve for having a poor media. If I had a show I wouldn't even take callers who wanted to ask this, just so the idea wouldn't spread.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011   #33
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
Much easier to cover up a tight end than a true WR IMHO. We don't have a great slot guy like the patriots.
You could make a point that nobody has a guy like him.
Old 10-07-2011   #34
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 14238 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

reward isn't worth risk
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011   #35
ADTpaul
ADT Security

Rep Power: 36 ADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respected

lol fine Bryant Johnson will save us for sure. Johnson n Johnson right?
ADTpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #36
2BCF
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24608 2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected

TO in a heartbeat, if he's healed.
He's matured over the years.
Just add 2 words to his contract,
No Whining.
2BCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #37
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7351 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
A QB having multiple targets to whom to throw the ball AND a viable running game? I'm looking for the down-side.
Yeah I'm not so sure that a 2nd WR is really all it's cracked up to be. We run a lot of 3 TE sets where KW and JJ are off the field (or another #2). Would we change that with a better #2 receiver, probably. The fact of the matter is though, OD is very difficult to cover, Casey is extremely dangerous since he can come out of the backfield and catch, and Dreesen is also excellent.

I'm fine with our offensive personnel and would rather we got a #2 CB before we go after a #2 WR.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #38
Texaninlild
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4558 Texaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Texaninlild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADTpaul View Post
Terrell Owens is out on the market and could he be a late season pickup for the Texans. He could add depth to our recieving core ! Andre should be back within a month it seems but would be nice to have some insurance. TO is proven to produce on the field.

REC 1,078
YDS 15,934
AVG 14.8
TDS 153
I would rather snag the Mental Marshall from Miami.

I am a Christian

Philippians 4:13
Texaninlild is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read