Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2011   #1
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Houston Texans V Oakland Raiders Gameday thread RIP AD

Here we go guys the Oakland Raiders are here So lets welcome them to the House of Pain. I am not worried bout Als Ghost, I am not worried bout AJ missing we got a game to play so lets get ready to RUMBLE, Whos with Me?
Old 10-09-2011   #2
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans V Oakland Raiders Gameday thread RIP AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
Here we go guys the Oakland Raiders are here So lets welcome them to the House of Pain. I am not worried bout Als Ghost, I am not worried bout AJ missing we got a game to play so lets get ready to RUMBLE, Whos with Me?
I am worried that the Raiders will try to make this a win one for Al moment and have that extra bounce in their step. Also, I am worried McFadden will shred our run D.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #3
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

I'm also worried that Al Davis is being re-born into the Anti-Christ as we speak.

But that's another story. GO TEXANS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #4
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
I am worried that the Raiders will try to make this a win one for Al moment and have that extra bounce in their step. Also, I am worried McFadden will shred our run D.
Well, I see it this way:

We're going to do a moment of silence for it. Which will be seen as a classy gesture for a visiting team such as the Raiders.

Then, we might have to kick off the ball to them. But our defense, with the help of our loud crowd at Reliant, forces them to punt to us.

Whenever we get the ball, whether it's off a punt or the initial kickoff, we're going to drive it down and score a TD. Most likely via Arian Foster.

And there goes any "momentum" they might have had off the emotional aspect of his death this weekend. Now, it's just another ballgame at that point.
Old 10-09-2011   #5
jppaul
Cut and Dry

Rep Power: 1193 jppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respected

Not so sure fired up works against our O I predict enthusiastic overpursuit (from overly fired up raiders) opening The cut back lane for at least one 40+ yard run.
jppaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #6
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78642 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jppaul View Post
Not so sure fired up works against our O I predict enthusiastic overpursuit (from overly fired up raiders) opening The cut back lane for at least one 40+ yard run.

WHOA!!!! I was just outside having a smoke and thought of the same idea but he would break a 50+ yarder.

Freaky.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #7
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

It's easy. Just win baby!
Old 10-09-2011   #8
LEATHERHEAD
Veteran

Section: 123 C
Rep Power: 1016 LEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respected

Another good team to play today,,,we must keep our eyes open....Don`t forget this is the NFL on any given Sunday any team can win...BUT I LIKE OUR CHANCES
LEATHERHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #9
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209570 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Oakland is a dangerous team even without the extra incintive. It'll be close, but we shall prevail.

Go Texans!!!

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #10
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 64465 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

The Raiders games are always tough, I dont expect and easy W today.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #11
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 172049 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
I'm also worried that Al Davis is being re-born into the Anti-Christ as we speak.

But that's another story. GO TEXANS!!!
It will be a sad day if we lose this game because our team only shows up for only half the game and/or our D gets destroyed by the run or pass........and the blame is placed on the spirited Raiders team's resurrection of the Ghost of Al Davis.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #12
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Hope to see some of you guys at the Blue Lot tailgate in a little bit.

It's raining, so not sure if we can hang for too long. We bought $3 ponchos at Target last night, and have an umbrella...so maybe we can stop by just to say hi for a second.

- GP
Old 10-09-2011   #13
GP 
Go Texans!

This will be my first Texans game. Ever.

Words cannot describe the emotions I have right now.
Old 10-09-2011   #14
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 172049 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

The totals in the previous 5 meeting of these teams have never eclipsed 44 points. However, today the Texans are 6-point favorites with a total of 48 predicted.
Old 10-09-2011   #15
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
This will be my first Texans game. Ever.

Words cannot describe the emotions I have right now.
Good for you. Hope you get to see a good game..........and a win!
Old 10-09-2011   #16
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Hope to see some of you guys at the Blue Lot tailgate in a little bit.

It's raining, so not sure if we can hang for too long. We bought $3 ponchos at Target last night, and have an umbrella...so maybe we can stop by just to say hi for a second.

- GP
Are you made of sugar or something?
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #17
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

You guys will be happy to know that this game is on tv in my area. That's 2 weeks in a row I don't have to watch it on a live stream on my computer! Woo go texans!!
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #18
Porky
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52757 Porky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respected

They will be fired up for sure. We have to withstand their opening attempt at a knockout punch. Do not be surprised if they try to take the momentum early. The Texans need to be the turtle, and not the hare. The Raiders will be the hare today. This is a war, not a battle. Raiders may take the opening battle, Texans must win the 4 qtr war. The Texans need to regain momentum by keeping their emotions in check and staying steady. If the Texans try to emulate the hare, they lose.

Today, Texans you must become one with the turtle! The turtle wins every time I have read the book!
Old 10-09-2011   #19
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 89729 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I think ward and Tate are inactive today
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #20
80tothezone
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5079 80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected

Eff all that GO TEXANS!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read