Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 10-08-2011   #21
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2012 Draft- 1/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I know what bothers you about Blackmon. Although he has great hands and runs good routes he's going to run a slow 40. This means he could be another Jerry Rice or another RaShaun Woods. Very risky pick.

Depending on where the Texans pick/who's available trading down would be an option. If a JJ Watt type pick is there when the Texans pick I would just take him. 10 yr starters are hard to find and because this draft is so deep they still should be able to find 2 more starters and another impact player like Marquis Maze or Jarius Wright in rds 4-7.

What I like about your mock is that it focuses on talent over need.

Talent should always win out over need. When it doesn't you end up with OkOye over Willis and KJ over Bryant type picks and then the next yr WR is at the top of your need list.

I'm just starting my research and plan on doing a mock next week. I'm looking forward to your response.
Possibly, but I am not an "OMG 40 time!" kind of guy. It is a valuable attribute, but certainly not the end all be all. I think it is his general demeanor on the football field. I get the prima donna vibe from him, and I dont want that on the Texans.

Thank you for your kind words about the mock. I look forward to reading yours in the coming days.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read