Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 10-08-2011   #121
Ckw

Default Re: The "Who should I start" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
I love Rivers, I've had him on my teams for years but it's tough to keep starting him when he is currently sitting right behind Tarvaris Jackson and Alex Smith in fantasy points.

He has 5 TD's and 6 INT's right now and that's against an extremely soft pass defense schedule. The teams he has played rank 17th, 28th, 30th, and 32 defending the pass.

I'm giving him the nod this week but I'm starting to wonder if something is wrong with Philip Rivers.
Interesting. He has scored 23, 24, 6, and 21 points in my fantasy league. Not typical Rivers numbers, but still upper tier fantasy numbers, especially if he hadn't had such a piss poor game in week 3. I agree that his TD to INT ratio isn't what you'd typically expect out of Rivers, but I certainly wouldn't hesitate starting him when he has put up 20+ points in 3 out of 4 weeks.
Old 10-08-2011   #122
Ckw

Curious who I should start though. I need to pick a starter at the flex as well as WR2. Lesean McCoy and Run-DMC are locks at RB 1 & 2 and Fitz is a lock at WR1.

So here are my options for the flex and WR2:

J-Stewart vs NO
Michael Bush @ HOU (already starting McFadden so I'm leaning towards no with him)
Eric Decker vs SD
Jordy Nelson @ ATL

I could also potentially drop Aaron Hernandez (as I am feeling pretty good about OD) and sign one of Jacoby Jones, Victor Cruz, David Nelson, or Pierre Garcon.

Thoughts? Thanks!!!
Old 10-08-2011   #123
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw View Post
Curious who I should start though. I need to pick a starter at the flex as well as WR2. Lesean McCoy and Run-DMC are locks at RB 1 & 2 and Fitz is a lock at WR1.

J-Stewart vs NO
Michael Bush @ HOU (already starting McFadden so I'm leaning towards no with him)
Eric Decker vs SD
Jordy Nelson @ ATL

I could also potentially drop Aaron Hernandez (as I am feeling pretty good about OD) and sign one of Jacoby Jones, Victor Cruz, David Nelson, or Pierre Garcon.

Thoughts? Thanks!!!
Um... Any suggestions?
Old 10-08-2011   #124
playa465
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 17595 playa465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

J-Stewart vs NO
Eric Decker vs SD
Jordy Nelson @ ATL

Thoughts? Thanks!!!
I would go J-Stewart and Jordy Nelson...Stewart is being more productive fantasy wise than DeAngelo (plus he is their receiving back); Jordy Nelson is solid but the Pack have plenty of weapons.

I'm kinda in the same boat b/c my lineup is decimated by the bye week...my choices at flex are: Nate Washington (Titans #1 receiver against the best pass defense), J-Stewart (dual threat esp if Panthers get down early and they go str8 to passing) or Thomas Jones (vs a weak run D)...what ya think
playa465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011   #125
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by playa465 View Post
I would go J-Stewart and Jordy Nelson...Stewart is being more productive fantasy wise than DeAngelo (plus he is their receiving back); Jordy Nelson is solid but the Pack have plenty of weapons.

I'm kinda in the same boat b/c my lineup is decimated by the bye week...my choices at flex are: Nate Washington (Titans #1 receiver against the best pass defense), J-Stewart (dual threat esp if Panthers get down early and they go str8 to passing) or Thomas Jones (vs a weak run D)...what ya think
Thanks! I'm a little confused though. You say Stewart and Nelson, but then say the Pack have plenty of weapons. Still think I should start Nelson or should I start Decker?

For you, it's no question IMO. Definitely start Nate and J-Stew.

And yes, bye weeks suck for fantasy!
Old 10-09-2011   #126
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Welp, Matt Ryan is killing me. My backup QB is Andy Dalton, who actually did better this week, but only by 5 points. This sucks, lost my first game today by 8 points. Had I started the Bills Defense, I would have won...
Old 10-10-2011   #127
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Interesting. He has scored 23, 24, 6, and 21 points in my fantasy league. Not typical Rivers numbers, but still upper tier fantasy numbers, especially if he hadn't had such a piss poor game in week 3. I agree that his TD to INT ratio isn't what you'd typically expect out of Rivers, but I certainly wouldn't hesitate starting him when he has put up 20+ points in 3 out of 4 weeks.
I only get a point per 50 yards passing and no 300 yard bonus so TDs are a lot more important in my setting but yeah I'm gonna keep rolling with Rivers.

Quote:
Um... Any suggestions?
Sorry man didn't see it in time.
Old 10-12-2011   #128
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 77701 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's a conundrum for you:

Owen Daniels @BAL
or
Vernon Davis vsDET?

Detroit has actually let TE's score on them somewhat this year, and I don't know what to think of Baltimore, or Joel Dreesen having a 100 yard game while Owen Daniels is perfectly healthy.

Also I have 3 RB's and 2 spots. I have no idea:

LeGarrett Blount vsNO
Joseph Addai @CIN
Stephen Jackson @GB

Probably should wait and see if Addai and Blount are even playing in their game, but the best RB left on the waiver wire is Kendall Hunter, then Isaac Redman, then Ryan Torain.
Old 10-12-2011   #129
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Here's a conundrum for you:

Owen Daniels @BAL
or
Vernon Davis vsDET?

Detroit has actually let TE's score on them somewhat this year, and I don't know what to think of Baltimore, or Joel Dreesen having a 100 yard game while Owen Daniels is perfectly healthy.

Also I have 3 RB's and 2 spots. I have no idea:

LeGarrett Blount vsNO
Joseph Addai @CIN
Stephen Jackson @GB

Probably should wait and see if Addai and Blount are even playing in their game, but the best RB left on the waiver wire is Kendall Hunter, then Isaac Redman, then Ryan Torain.
Not a bad deal with the TE's, but I would go with VD on this one. More likely to get points given the matchup for the Texans. Either one should be fine though, just a matter of betting on who will get the ball more.

I hear Blount is doubtful, Addai probably isn't worth it. If SJax is back, I think he may be OK. If it comes to picking off the wire, I would go with Torrain as I think he has the most upside of the bunch.
Old 10-12-2011   #130
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Not a bad deal with the TE's, but I would go with VD on this one. More likely to get points given the matchup for the Texans. Either one should be fine though, just a matter of betting on who will get the ball more.

I hear Blount is doubtful, Addai probably isn't worth it. If SJax is back, I think he may be OK. If it comes to picking off the wire, I would go with Torrain as I think he has the most upside of the bunch.
I agree 100%. Dont be surprised if you pick wrong on the TE's but its not a bad problem to have. Torrain looks like the starter "for now". Addai, is he even starting? Blount I hear is injured. Plan on being without both those guys. go with Jackson and Torrain.

Or grab Blount and Addai's backup as they will get the bulk of the load. But Washington is playing the Eagles and they plan old suck on defense. Yeah they have nice corners, but who are their linebackers? And their Dline?
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011   #131
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

My QBs have been terrible in this league and it cost me my first game this week. So, I'm stuck with some mediocre QBs to pick from:

Andy Dalton against Indy
Matt Ryan against Carolina

Or on the wire I can get:
Curtis Painter @ Cincy

Any thoughts? I'm leaning towards Dalton this week. Ryan has been killing me.
Old 10-12-2011   #132
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
My QBs have been terrible in this league and it cost me my first game this week. So, I'm stuck with some mediocre QBs to pick from:

Andy Dalton against Indy
Matt Ryan against Carolina

Or on the wire I can get:
Curtis Painter @ Cincy

Any thoughts? I'm leaning towards Dalton this week. Ryan has been killing me.
I would grab Painter. I did in one league that I am light at QB. He has scored 17 and 19 points. He seems to know the system and has 614 yards with 4TD's 0 INT's.

I also like Tebow. I know he is on a bye, but if he runs in a TD each week he might have some upside to him ala Cam Newton. Matt Ryan has been a total bust this year. I would consider dropping him. Its not like he is missing any weapons. They added Jones and he has just been awful.

Basically I would drop Ryan before I dropped Dalton. Dalton and AJ green seem to have a love connection going on.
Old 10-12-2011   #133
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
I would grab Painter. I did in one league that I am light at QB. He has scored 17 and 19 points. He seems to know the system and has 614 yards with 4TD's 0 INT's.

I also like Tebow. I know he is on a bye, but if he runs in a TD each week he might have some upside to him ala Cam Newton. Matt Ryan has been a total bust this year. I would consider dropping him. Its not like he is missing any weapons. They added Jones and he has just been awful.

Basically I would drop Ryan before I dropped Dalton. Dalton and AJ green seem to have a love connection going on.
I'm still holding on to Reggie Bush for some reason, so I could drop him for Painter. Cincy seems to have a good defense, so I would probably want to start Dalton this week anyways. But Dalton's bye is week 7, and Painter plays @NO that week and Ryan is @Det.

I dunno, I hate having guys like this where neither is really a good option. I may just have to stash Painter anyways. Tebow is off the wire btw.
Old 10-12-2011   #134
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45767 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I have a feeling Torain is going to go off this week against Philly but I'm sure it's not worth benching Fred Jackson, Michael Turner or Matt Forte for?

Also who should I go with at QB:

Matt Ryan vs. Carolina

Joe Flacco vs. Houston

Alex Smith @ Detroit ?
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011   #135
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't decide between Frank Gore or Darren Sproles. Sproles has been solid all season long but it looks like Gore may finally be turning it around with two straight 100+ games. Leaning towards Sproles since he's been consistent.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011   #136
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
I'm still holding on to Reggie Bush for some reason, so I could drop him for Painter. Cincy seems to have a good defense, so I would probably want to start Dalton this week anyways. But Dalton's bye is week 7, and Painter plays @NO that week and Ryan is @Det.

I dunno, I hate having guys like this where neither is really a good option. I may just have to stash Painter anyways. Tebow is off the wire btw.
If its a PPR Reggie Bush still has some potential value. If it is not then I would drop Bush. I think Painter and Dalton are = plays this week. Since its in Cincy the edge might go to Dalton.
Old 10-13-2011   #137
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
I have a feeling Torain is going to go off this week against Philly but I'm sure it's not worth benching Fred Jackson, Michael Turner or Matt Forte for?

Also who should I go with at QB:

Matt Ryan vs. Carolina

Joe Flacco vs. Houston

Alex Smith @ Detroit ?
Jackson and Forte are must starts. You could make the case for both Turner or Torain. If you have a good feeling about Torain then go with it.

I would stay away from Ryan. What has he done to make you think he will do well this week? Alex Smith is on the road against a good defense. Joe Flacco makes the most sense. He is at home. Texans lost Williams. They have a good running game to keep our D honest. I think the play is Joe Flacco.
Old 10-13-2011   #138
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I can't decide between Frank Gore or Darren Sproles. Sproles has been solid all season long but it looks like Gore may finally be turning it around with two straight 100+ games. Leaning towards Sproles since he's been consistent.
Gore is the feature back. Sproles while solid, is part of a 3 headed attack limiting his touches and goal line carries. Gore had 22 touches last week and that should continue. Go with Gore.
Old 10-13-2011   #139
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
If its a PPR Reggie Bush still has some potential value. If it is not then I would drop Bush. I think Painter and Dalton are = plays this week. Since its in Cincy the edge might go to Dalton.
It's PPR, but my running backs are Ray Rice, Fred Jackson, Michael Turner and Marshawn Lynch on the bench. I can afford to drop Reggie to stash Painter. Then I can just play the QB matchups each week.

One guy in our league is holding on to Newton, Romo and Colt McCoy, but I don't want to bother trading with him. I was hoping he would drop one of those guys.
Old 10-13-2011   #140
Blake
MMQB

Painter will produce just as much as McCoy. And he isnt dropping Romo or Newton.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read