Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-06-2011   #1
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 195710 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Player(s) to focus on vs Oakland?

the #2 CB for me and the NT. Everything else seems to be coming around.
Old 10-06-2011   #2
redwhiteANDblue
Color of Texans

Rep Power: 5007 redwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Player(s) to focus on vs Oakland?

Bryant Johnson
Old 10-06-2011   #3
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 195710 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteANDblue View Post
Bryant Johnson
Interesting choice. You think he will play much?
Old 10-06-2011   #4
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
He was in for some offensive snaps vs PIT so I assume that will continue.
Old 10-07-2011   #5
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 25589 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Didn't we get a sack out of Cody last week? I'm hoping that as teams realise the huge threat and game plan for the peripheries of our front 7, Cody will be left with far less competition in the middle which will hopefully elevate his play.

I'll be looking at whoever plays #1 Reciever, which I hope is Jacoby, and I hope he has his head screwed on, Walter does all the other stuff really well but is no deep threat, Jacoby can stretch it a little for the underneath stuff to work out I hope.

Schaub is another guy I'll be paying close attention to (although its hard not to focus on the QB).
I've been a little meh about him for the first time this season. I'm beginning to wonder if he's reached his peak and isn't going to improve any further. I've excused his Pocket Presence previously for all sorts of reasons, run blocking focussed O-line, something he'll grow into.

But week after week there is at least one play by the opposing QB where he shakes off real pressure and still manages to get the first down and its beginning to frustrate me. Schaub doesn't seem to make those plays, if he escapes pressure its usually thrown away or a dump off, his vision seems to dissapear. And I don't think this team is too far away from having the luxury of being able to spend a first round pick on a project QB, maybe not this year, but possibly next.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011   #6
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

One word or rather one name: McFadden
Old 10-07-2011   #7
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4924 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Im going to be watching 'Meco a lot... He started the season looking a little timid, but his movement has been looking better IMO, and may be gaining back some confidence moving on that achilles... Want to see him against this run...

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-07-2011   #8
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
Didn't we get a sack out of Cody last week? I'm hoping that as teams realise the huge threat and game plan for the peripheries of our front 7, Cody will be left with far less competition in the middle which will hopefully elevate his play.

I'll be looking at whoever plays #1 Reciever, which I hope is Jacoby, and I hope he has his head screwed on, Walter does all the other stuff really well but is no deep threat, Jacoby can stretch it a little for the underneath stuff to work out I hope.

Schaub is another guy I'll be paying close attention to (although its hard not to focus on the QB).
I've been a little meh about him for the first time this season. I'm beginning to wonder if he's reached his peak and isn't going to improve any further. I've excused his Pocket Presence previously for all sorts of reasons, run blocking focussed O-line, something he'll grow into.

But week after week there is at least one play by the opposing QB where he shakes off real pressure and still manages to get the first down and its beginning to frustrate me. Schaub doesn't seem to make those plays, if he escapes pressure its usually thrown away or a dump off, his vision seems to dissapear. And I don't think this team is too far away from having the luxury of being able to spend a first round pick on a project QB, maybe not this year, but possibly next.
WOuld be nice to see what a QB averaging 4500 yds a season could do if he got it together and I am not being sarcastic.
Old 10-07-2011   #9
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkcookie View Post
Im going to be watching 'Meco a lot... He started the season looking a little timid, but his movement has been looking better IMO, and may be gaining back some confidence moving on that achilles... Want to see him against this run...

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
Watch for that step backward he has talked about trying to correct. I have not seen it as much.
Old 10-07-2011   #10
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

NT, Mario, Watt, James Casey blocking, Offensive play calling, Jacoby Jones.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011   #11
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
NT, Mario, Watt, James Casey blocking, Offensive play calling, Jacoby Jones.
do you think Casey will set up as a FB some and then drift out for a pass?
Old 10-07-2011   #12
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
do you think Casey will set up as a FB some and then drift out for a pass?

I think Casey will be more involved this week in the offense. And now that you mention that, I think we will see some of the things that we saw when we played the 49ers in pre season...

OD, Casey (or another WR), Foster, Jacoby and Kevin in the game.

OD goes into the slot out of the huddle, Foster motions out to the slot...

I think the Raiders will be geared up to stop the run so I expect Kubiak to come out passing and I think Casey will see some action on that front.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011   #13
badboy
Site Contributor

I am hopeful if Schaub is accurate he may throw for 400.
Old 10-07-2011   #14
redwhiteANDblue
Color of Texans

Rep Power: 5007 redwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah why not? Now that andre is gone and jacoby is taking his place, bryant johnson will take jacoby's old spot and show us what he's got. This guy has all the tools. Just look at his highlights in college. But he's never had a competent QB to throw him the ball. Ofcourse he's not a andre johnson or any tier 1 type reciever and probably never will be but could be that guy that catches 4 or 5 balls a game for 60 yards. Also with his size and hops we could maybe utilize the goaline fade to the reciever maybe? I don't know but I'll be surprised if he doesn't catch a ball this game
Old 10-07-2011   #15
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Yeah why not? Now that andre is gone and jacoby is taking his place, bryant johnson will take jacoby's old spot and show us what he's got. This guy has all the tools. Just look at his highlights in college. But he's never had a competent QB to throw him the ball. Ofcourse he's not a andre johnson or any tier 1 type reciever and probably never will be but could be that guy that catches 4 or 5 balls a game for 60 yards. Also with his size and hops we could maybe utilize the goaline fade to the reciever maybe? I don't know but I'll be surprised if he doesn't catch a ball this game
Another Houston Texan first down!
Old 10-07-2011   #16
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 20949 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected

OD.

Going to get a lot of looks.
Old 10-07-2011   #17
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm really looking forward to seeing Taiwan Jones.

Really liked him in the draft season and thought he would bring an added dimension to our offense.

Hoping he doesn't get too many chances against our LBs with the ball in space or it could be big trouble.
Old 10-07-2011   #18
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He has had a competent QB - Kurt Warner. But he was also playing behind Fitzgerald and Boldin. 740 yds is pretty darn good as a third WR. I wanted the Texans to get him when he left Arizona. Hopefully he steps up to the plate.
Old 10-07-2011   #19
redwhiteANDblue
Color of Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
He has had a competent QB - Kurt Warner. But he was also playing behind Fitzgerald and Boldin. 740 yds is pretty darn good as a third WR. I wanted the Texans to get him when he left Arizona. Hopefully he steps up to the plate.
Oh I didn't know that but yeah that's exactly what I mean. If this guy could get us atleast 650 yards for the season i'd be thrilled. Maybe throw in a touchdown or 6
Old 10-07-2011   #20
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Brian Cushing.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read