Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-07-2011   #41
Cerberus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 49254 Cerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: No love from PFT WK 5 picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
If the texans lose to the steelers I will have to re evaluate my opinion of where this team is right now.

Not that the raiders suck, but we should win this game.

I don't think the score will be close either. Jmo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Yeah, if they find a way to go back and lose a game they already won, I'll have to re-evaluate my opinion of them, too. That's epically bad.

That would be epically bad, though it has happened to me before in FF, but I don't think the NFL does "adjustments" like Yahoo.

As for the game score, I think it is going to be closer than Rey thinks. I also believe many here think these are the 2010 Raiders and don't realize the change from Tom Cable to Hue Jackson as HC. The Raiders are a different team, and we'll all find out on Sunday if they've improved enough to beat the Texans. The Raiders have very talented players, they're just waiting to be molded into a cohesive unit. They came together nicely against the Jets, but had a set back against the Patriots, so who knows which team will show up.
Old 10-07-2011   #42
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
I'd like to see Tate and Arian in the backfield with Arian motioned out into a reciever now and again, think that would give the D fits and matchup problems. Maybe even just run Tate after doing that to put them back on their heels.
I don't know that Tate is going to play. I'm hoping Ward can. We might be down to Foster & Ogbanaya.

But, since we've established Casey as a receiving threat, & it makes sense to see Casey & Foster/Ogbanaya in the back field at the same time, motioning Casey out to WR is going to open up a lot of opportunities.
Old 10-07-2011   #43
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
Things have changed since last year, starting with the HC and DC. Granted, Marshall was a better DC than the Bresnahan, but things have changed in Oakland since last season. And don't be deceived by the statistics, because long runs against the Raider D tend to inflate those numbers, and the long runs are in part due to man-to-man coverage. When they try and stop the run, like against Shonn Green, they can be successful.
Shonn who?

By the way, I'm counting on some of those long misleading runs.....

a lot of them.

Old 10-07-2011   #44
Cerberus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 49254 Cerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Shonn who?

By the way, I'm counting on some of those long misleading runs.....

a lot of them.

That is how the Texans will have to get them. Good thing for the Raiders, their team speed is such that they can often bring the runner down from behind. Yeah, the long runs still hurt, but they also get the opportunity to make the opponent settle for 3 points instead of the 7 they could have had.

Runs against the Raiders can go something like this: 1, -3, 15, 2, 3, 1, 12, 0, 1, 1, 36, 0, 0, 8, 4, 1 . . . So there are times they can stifle the defense, but there are times they give up the untimely long run that sustains a scoring drive. That, or they commit a stupid penalty.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read