Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Grade Joe Pendry's Offense
A 4 4.26%
B 43 45.74%
C 34 36.17%
D 11 11.70%
F 2 2.13%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-03-2005   #21
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
So what is your solution? We have already ditched our OC and saw some progress from a granular stan point. What other offensive moves that actually can be made this year would you like to see done?
Thanks for asking. Quite honestly, there is nothing that can be done at this point. There is no one to promote from within that can run this team and bringing an outsider in, mid-season, is not an option... it just doesn't happen. Capers has done a good job of putting people around him that are less competent than him, so his job security (for this season anyway) has been secured.

With that said, they should not get a pass or a good grade because they performed better than the first two games which were horrendous performances. Don't forget that a bad Buffalo team looked like Super Bowl contenders against these guys.

Ask yourself this... when they had similar offensive performances last year were you praising them?
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005   #22
touttail
All Pro

Really a B-.
We started out with a couple of roll out passes for great yardage, 15-20 yards on each. Pendry got away from the roll outs the rest of the game. I couldn't understand dumping something that was working for us????????

bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005   #23
ojthecat
Veteran

I gave Pendry and A. Here is why. I graded him and not his players or the refs. He called a very good game his mix of run and pass was good. I was especially impressed with the upgrade Tempo of the offensive unit. I thought the the things that he controlled. (play calling, tempo, formations, Personel packages) were excellant. His game was light years ahead of Palmers. Next week I will have to include more of the players in his grading as they will now have had a "Pendry " game under their belt and he will be more responsible for their game play and decision making (especially Carr).

Great game Joe now it is time to start scoring points.

Old 10-05-2005   #24
Texizgreat
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Texizgreat Send a message via Yahoo to Texizgreat

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger06
B, would've liked to take more shots downfield
I think Coach P may not have had a whole lot of time to Draw up Deep Routes...... But that is just my thought....

Other wise I think a C+/B- would be more fair with the time givin. O-line has issues he is going to have to Draw up plans around that problem.
Texizgreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005   #25
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

I gave him a D+.

The offense looked somewhat better, but Domanick only had 19 touches. David Carr had 7 sacks, Chris Brown only had 1 field goal attempt, and we only scored 1 touchdown.

But there was improvement from Palmers F--.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005   #26
phan1
All Pro

I would give him an A, but he still working out of the SAME PLAYBOOK! Someone needs to change that thing! Carr is still getting sacked, and AJ is still not getting the ball. The only thing we really improved was our confidence and execution. THat's huge, but there's still a long way to go, and I wonder how he will change our offensive system throughout the season and coming into next season. Hard to imagine him keeping Palmer's playbook in hand.

But I do credit him for doing his job though. He said they were going to run the same plays, just the level of execution was going to get better. In that sense, he did his job very well for his 1st game. Now he just needs to work on the playbook. It looks like we're trying to be the Broncos, but with MUCH less talent. And it's not like the Broncos are that great of a model to follow; they haven't won in the post-season in forever.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005   #27
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

I gave him a C. He didnt have much time to work with but we did show a marked improvement, even if it was against a defense that doesnt hold a candle to Pitt's or Bufalo's. I liked all the motion and shifting that was used. But when it comes down to it, we still lost the game. We still only scored 1 touchdown. Davis didnt go for 100 yards. Carr didnt throw for 200 yards. Johnson saw the ball very little. We never went deep. Pendry improved this offense, which i graded as an F- during the pre Pendry era. Looking back on it, I believe he deserves a D. Untill I see us put more than 10 points on the board I will be very critical of Pendry. Hopefully after this week I'll be grading him with an A+!
Old 10-05-2005   #28
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

I gave him a D. While they are progressing, they did get only 10 points. I'll start believing in our new OC when I see out scoreboard with 21 or more points on it.
Old 10-05-2005   #29
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

i thought he did well. A
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005   #30
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65
i thought he did well. A
I like the guy, but an A grade?? If we put up 400 + yards and got in the endzone more than once then I could see giving him an A. Putting up 200 yards and only getting in the endzone once is a C grade at best.
Old 10-05-2005   #31
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

A's and B's for a guy that coordinated 250 yards of total offense and couldn't find a scheme to keep a team with 2 total sacks in 3 games from getting 7 sacks.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005   #32
|Mercury|
Rookie

Not sure, I was pleased that the offense did enough to keep us in the game, and frankly if it hadn't been for that stupid fumble call by the refs we probably could have won or at least taken the game into overtime. That said I'm sick of this overly conservative (see boring and Tressel ball) offense that we run.
|Mercury| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005   #33
Sunnielady

I'm hopeful. I enjoyed seeing some of the changes Sunday. I'm will to give it a few weeks before really passing judgement, but so far, they did look better.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read