Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-28-2011   #21
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 78404 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Von Miller to Denver

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTexan View Post
Call me crazy, but I believe Mario will have a better career at the 3-4 DE. He doesn't have any moves just a crazy strong bull rush which I believe is perfect for the 3-4 DE for getting penetration and push so the OLB's can find the holes and get pressure.
Yep, you're crazy!

When Bruce Smith admits that it was a LOT harder work and that he would likely have had 100 more sacks in HIS career in a 4-3, then I kinda have some doubt about Mario in a 3-4.
Old 04-28-2011   #22
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Wade is going to put Mario in great positions to rush the passer. I don't think he's going to be your prototypical 3-4 DE with the same responsibilities. I really think Mario will do well.

If Denver can just take Dareus and Buffalo could select Cam/Gabbert then it's likely Arizona may take Miller. That helps the case for Peterson slipping and maybe our chances to trade up with Cleveland.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011   #23
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4547 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
Yes.

I mean, when you oversimplify it like you have, it's not favorable to us. But when you consider factors like Mario not liking the 3-4 switch, Mario's injury history, Mario's lackadaisical play at times, and having to re-sign Mario to a long-term, high money deal after next season, your perspective should change a bit.

Ask yourself this, assuming Miller ends up in a 3-4, who has more sacks over the next 5 years and who makes more money? There's a better than good chance that the answers to those questions are Miller and Mario respectively. If that's the case, such a trade would favor us.
Von Miller hasn't proven a single thing in the NFL. What if you do this and Miller is a colossal bust? Bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. In no way to you get better as a team by trading one of your best players, one of the few who has actually done something for this team, for a single 1st round draft pick. It's just ridiculous. If you got Miller, and a few more picks or a player, say Dumerville, then it's a good trade. Miller for Mario strait up, we are firmly in sole possession of the laughingstock of the NFL.
Old 04-28-2011   #24
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
Von Miller hasn't proven a single thing in the NFL. What if you do this and Miller is a colossal bust? Bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. In no way to you get better as a team by trading one of your best players, one of the few who has actually done something for this team, for a single 1st round draft pick. It's just ridiculous. If you got Miller, and a few more picks or a player, say Dumerville, then it's a good trade. Miller for Mario strait up, we are firmly in sole possession of the laughingstock of the NFL.
Agreed. I really really like Von Miller and think he's got a ton of potential. I love his work ethic and character... and that's the biggest reason why I think he'll find success in the NFL - he will work his tail off to get better, he won't be complacent. With that said, I feel like he's got a great burst a great speed, but that's about it. Please read that - excellent excellent speed. LOL... but I worry that once NFL Left Tackles get their hands on his pads, he will be out of the play. Or they'll make him go the long way around and push him out of the play with his own speed. I hate to use the term "one trick pony" b/c I don't think that's completely fair for Miller, but it's just in my gut.

I don't see the Clay Matthews tenacity, the raw aggression... sleeveless shirt in Green Bay winters while its 10 degrees out. Running all out rushing the passer, coming back and knocking the sh*t out of a running back. I don't see that in Von Miller. I see a guy that will always be "undersized" and have to use his speed to win. And that's why I don't want to trade our 1st, 2nd, next years' first and a first born son to move up and get him.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011   #25
kiwitexansfan
Let's Mock!!!!!

Rep Power: 43261 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Miller is best in 4-3 as a SLB that rushes ocacsionally. That way his lack of size/strength will not be exposed so much.
Old 10-05-2011   #26
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Check out Von Miller's sack on Aaron Rodgers last week:

http://youtu.be/zTeGDm5mEBU

Von had a good game, and was really the only guy on the Broncos defense having a good game. He had the only sacks on Rodgers (2) and had 3 of the team's 5 QB hits. Also 2 TFL is a nice stat. Looks like he's turning out to be a pretty good pickup for the Broncos.
Old 10-05-2011   #27
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 41206 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

He is the front-runner for DROY right now.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read