Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 10-04-2011   #21
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The "Should I do this trade thread"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw View Post
No WAY do you give up Nicks for Mendenhall. Someone desperate would probably be willing to give you a DMC or Foster of somebody like that for Nicks.

I trade too much. I am concerned though about my QB situation. Big Ben has been sucking royally, and Flacco is too damn inconsistent. Our league is not standard in that it gives QBs 6 points per TD instead of 4 so they are more valuable, and mine kind of suck. In past weeks, I have been able to get by with poor QB play due to McFadden, McCoy, Bradshaw, and Fitz, but now McFadden looks beat up and is he going to continue playing the way that he has. Which is why I am thinking maybe I strike while the iron is hot so to speak.

Chris Johnson, Desean Jackson, Matt Schaub, and Lions D for Run-DMC, Michael Bush (handcuff), and Ben Roesthlisberger.

What do you think?
That's tough to evaluate without the rest of your team posted. I don't know if you can afford to downgrade your RB1 for CJ. Also, without AJ the next couple weeks, Schaub's value is going to drop a lot.
Old 10-04-2011   #22
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
That's tough to evaluate without the rest of your team posted. I don't know if you can afford to downgrade your RB1 for CJ. Also, without AJ the next couple weeks, Schaub's value is going to drop a lot.
I have Lesean McCoy and Ahmad Bradshaw at RB. Also, I have Fitz, Brandon Marshall, and Santana Moss at WR. My defense is the Eagles (EPIC FAIL).

My thinking is a downgraded Schaub is better than an every week Flacco or Roesthlisberger. My QBs are killing me, and I feel like I'd be better off with a lineup like this each week:

QB: Schaub
RB: Lesean McCoy, Chris Johnson
Flex: Ahmad Bradshaw or Desean Jackson (depending on matchups)
WR: Fitz, Brandon Marshall, Desean Jackson, Santana Moss (start 2 depending on matchups or trade Marshall and Jackson for a better #2)
TE: OD
D/ST: Lions
K: Janikowski
Old 10-04-2011   #23
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

What QBs are on the wire? I know Big Ben isn't going to be worth much this year, especially if he's out for a while.

I think the rest of your team is good enough to win it all. McCoy and McFadden are two top 5 RBs. Bradshaw isn't doing great this year, but he's a good flex option. Starting WRs of Fitz and Jackson/Marshall are great. If anything, I would take Flacco and Marshall/Moss to try to upgrade your QB that way. Find a 1-3 team that needs help and has a good QB. You won't get Brady or Brees, but maybe you could snag Stafford or Manning and a #3/4 WR.
Old 10-04-2011   #24
Ckw

Quote:
What QBs are on the wire? I know Big Ben isn't going to be worth much this year, especially if he's out for a while.

I think the rest of your team is good enough to win it all. McCoy and McFadden are two top 5 RBs. Bradshaw isn't doing great this year, but he's a good flex option. Starting WRs of Fitz and Jackson/Marshall are great. If anything, I would take Flacco and Marshall/Moss to try to upgrade your QB that way. Find a 1-3 team that needs help and has a good QB. You won't get Brady or Brees, but maybe you could snag Stafford or Manning and a #3/4 WR.
I don't have Desean Jackson. I was saying I could get him in this trade potentially.

The people with Stafford are probably wanting a top RB or WR for him I would imagine.

My skill position players are: McFadden, McCoy, Bradshaw, Daniel Thomas, Michael Bush, Larry Fitz, Brandon Marshall, Santana Moss, Eric Decker, & Denarius Moore.

I'd kind of like a better defense (Eagles kind of suck) and a better QB as Flacco and Roesthlisberger are too unreliable. Got any suggestions of trades people might go for?
Old 10-04-2011   #25
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

I would take Big ben/Flacco and Marshall and go after Brees/Stafford/Vick/Newton. Just propose a trade to anyone with one of those guys who needs another WR. You can afford to give up Marshall with Moss and Decker to play in your #2 spot. Just make sure you don't get a mediocre QB like Schaub, McCoy or Campbell for this deal. Hopefully you can hook someone who likes the name of Marshall.

Also, if Victor Cruz is on the wire, I'd grab him if you can make room. I think he's going to be big in the future given the lack of WRs for the Giants.
Old 10-06-2011   #26
Ckw

Quote:
I would take Big ben/Flacco and Marshall and go after Brees/Stafford/Vick/Newton. Just propose a trade to anyone with one of those guys who needs another WR. You can afford to give up Marshall with Moss and Decker to play in your #2 spot. Just make sure you don't get a mediocre QB like Schaub, McCoy or Campbell for this deal. Hopefully you can hook someone who likes the name of Marshall.

Also, if Victor Cruz is on the wire, I'd grab him if you can make room. I think he's going to be big in the future given the lack of WRs for the Giants.
I don't see how there is anyway in the world I can get Brees or Stafford or Vick for that combo. I'd feel stupid even offering that trade (no offense man). QBs are just too valuable in this league. In fact, they are probably the most valuable position (other than RB of course) since they get 6 points per TD instead of 4.

So I've narrowed my search down to Cam Newton. The guy that has him has not started him at all yet and has Eli Manning, Jay Cutler, and Matt Schaub (ridiculous I know to have that many QBs).

So I'm trying to decide what I should be willing to give up for him. He IS a rookie and I don't want to break the bank. Obviously, my untouchables in a deal like this are Run-DMC, LeSean McCoy, Fitz, and probably Owen Daniels. That leaves me with being able to offer some combination of Ahmad Bradshaw, Daniel Thomas, Brandon Marshall, Santana Moss, Eric Decker, Denarius Moore, and Flacco or Roesthlisberger (if he wants another QB for some crazy reason).

So with that said, what is basically the max I should give up? Right now, I have an offer out there of Daniel Thomas and the Philly D for Cam Newton and the Lions D. Obviously, I want to start with a lower value trade (although it still is a decent trade since he isn't starting Cam or the Lions as he has the Ravens D and has been starting Eli Manning) as his RBs are Chris Johnson and Jonathan Stewart. Pretty weak.

Anyway, if he counters, what is the max I should be willing to give up? I am thinking Ahmad Bradshaw or Santana Moss are the max I'd be willing to give. Marshall is possibly too valuable, IMO, and the guy is strong at WR.
Old 10-06-2011   #27
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25135 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

Alright, I declined the Mendenhall trade and asked around in the league (most of our guys don`t trade as well) - and IŽve found one that might be interesting. First again, here is my situation:

Since Jamaal Charles went out I have a problem at HB. Right now my 2 starters are Beanie Wells (just had a great game but injury prone) and Cedric Benson who might be out for 3 weeks. Behind them I have Michael Bush and just picked up Stevan Ridley.

Now, my depth at WR is pretty good with Hakeem Nicks, Brandon Marhsall, Steve Smith (Car), Plaxico Burress, Devin Hester and Michael Crabtree. My depth at TE is exceptionally good with Rob Gronkowski and Owen Daniels.

So now someone offered me Lagarette Blount for Hakeem Nicks, or Jahvid Best for Steve Smith. What do you think? IŽd really like to cash in on my TE situation and offer something like:

Brandon Marshall and Rob Gronkowski for Lagarette Blount and Jordy Nelson

Not sure if he would bite since he is ok at TE with Jason Witten.

So, what would you guys do?
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011   #28
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
In one of my leagues my QB's are Kevin Kolb and Sam Bradford. They are literally killing my team. I cant find a team with 2 amazing QB's on their roster as a trade parter.

Is there any way I can trade for a better QB without giving up Ray Rice?

QB Sam Bradford, StL QB
RB Ray Rice, Bal RB
RB Felix Jones, Dal RB P
WR Larry Fitzgerald, Ari WR
WR Dwayne Bowe, KC WR
WR Jeremy Maclin, Phi WR P
TE Greg Olsen, Car TE
D/ST Saints D/ST D/ST
K Sebastian Janikowski, Oak K

Bench Steven Jackson, StL RB P
Bench Chad Ochocinco, NE WR
Bench Shonn Greene, NYJ RB
Bench Kevin Kolb, Ari QB
Bench Ben Tate, Hou RB Q
Bench Lions D/ST D/ST
Bench Brandon LaFell, Car WR
Bench Ed Dickson, Bal TE
So I dropped Ed Dickson for Alex Smith. Then was offered a trade of Cam Newton and Johnny Knox, for my Dwayne Bowe and Alex Smith. I accepted. He has Vick starting so he made a risky bet, but if Vicky stays healthy it could work out well for him getting Bowe. I had to make the trade since Kolb and Bradford werent getting me more than 11 points a game. I have since dropped Bradford.

Did I make the correct decision?
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011   #29
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
So I dropped Ed Dickson for Alex Smith. Then was offered a trade of Cam Newton and Johnny Knox, for my Dwayne Bowe and Alex Smith. I accepted. He has Vick starting so he made a risky bet, but if Vicky stays healthy it could work out well for him getting Bowe. I had to make the trade since Kolb and Bradford werent getting me more than 11 points a game. I have since dropped Bradford.

I think you did the right thing, as Cam will greatly improve your team over Kolb/Bradford/Smith. Losing Bowe will hurt in a 3 WR league, but WRs are so up and down with their points that it's probably best in the long run.

I'm not a fan of Bowe since JC went down, as I don't think Cassel will be getting him the ball much. Last year, I think a lot of Bowe's production came from the fact that JC was averaging 4.8 yards per carry and was a huge threat. That forced teams to play the run more, and leave Bowe 1 on 1. Now KC has no run game, and Cassel will be exposed for the pretender he is.
Old 10-07-2011   #30
Ckw

Well I made hopefully my last trade of the fantasy season.

I received Cam Newton, the Lion D, and Jonathan Stewart for Ahmad Bradshaw and the Eagles D.

I'm curious what you guys think.

Personally, I'm very happy with it. I tried to get him to bite on Daniel Thomas instead of Bradshaw, but he understandably wouldn't go for it. He didn't need a WR either so this was the only way I could get him to do it.

If Cam continues playing like he has, then this is a great deal. I already know what I had in Bradshaw (a good but not great fantasy RB). I kept all my studs in McFadden, McCoy, and Fitz, and have some ok backup RBs in Stewart and Daniel Thomas.

Also, do you think the Lions are an improvement at defense? Philly has been a huge letdown and Detroit has been amazing and is the #3 defense. So what do you think?
Old 10-07-2011   #31
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Basically you stole from him. He should be ashamed for accepting that trade.
Old 10-07-2011   #32
Ckw

Quote:
Basically you stole from him. He should be ashamed for accepting that trade.
You think so? Was that in response to my trade?

If so, man I felt good about my trade but not this good. Thanks!

Does everyone else feel this way?

Starting lineup now looks like this:

QB: Cam
RB1: LeSean McCoy
RB2: Run-DMC
Flex: Santana Moss/J-Stew/Daniel Thomas
WR1: Fitz
WR2: Marshall
TE: OD
D/ST: Lions
K: Janikowski
Old 10-07-2011   #33
Ckw

Quote:

Just saw this. You made an even better trade than mine. Bowe and Smith for Newton is pretty much nothing.

What's your lineup look like?
Old 10-08-2011   #34
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
Alright, I declined the Mendenhall trade and asked around in the league (most of our guys don`t trade as well) - and IŽve found one that might be interesting. First again, here is my situation:

Since Jamaal Charles went out I have a problem at HB. Right now my 2 starters are Beanie Wells (just had a great game but injury prone) and Cedric Benson who might be out for 3 weeks. Behind them I have Michael Bush and just picked up Stevan Ridley.

Now, my depth at WR is pretty good with Hakeem Nicks, Brandon Marhsall, Steve Smith (Car), Plaxico Burress, Devin Hester and Michael Crabtree. My depth at TE is exceptionally good with Rob Gronkowski and Owen Daniels.

So now someone offered me Lagarette Blount for Hakeem Nicks, or Jahvid Best for Steve Smith. What do you think? IŽd really like to cash in on my TE situation and offer something like:

Brandon Marshall and Rob Gronkowski for Lagarette Blount and Jordy Nelson

Not sure if he would bite since he is ok at TE with Jason Witten.

So, what would you guys do?
Sorry I didn't comment. Because your depth is good at WR, a trade like that wouldn't be bad, but I'd really try and get someone better than Blount for Marshall and Gronkowski. I mean that is a top 10 fantasy TE and a top 10 fantasy WR. No, you won't get Run-DMC or Peterson for that package, but maybe a Chris Johnson (since he is having a down year), Michael Turner, MJD, or maybe even Forte. Blount simply isn't enough IMO.
Old 10-09-2011   #35
Ckw

Well Dutch, I'd say your hatred of Dwayne Bowe has been pretty unwarranted. He has been balling it up the last few weeks and looks like he has picked up where he left out last year with or without Jamaal Charles. Wish I had picked him up.
Old 10-09-2011   #36
Ckw

I am kicking myself for not doing that Bowe trade. Man! Marshall is probably going to suck the rest of the season and I freaking gave up Sproles for that bum.

Old 10-09-2011   #37
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
I am kicking myself for not doing that Bowe trade. Man! Marshall is probably going to suck the rest of the season and I freaking gave up Sproles for that bum.

I said go for Steve Smith...
Old 10-10-2011   #38
Ckw

Quote:
I said go for Steve Smith...
Just giving you a hard time. Yeah, couldn't get the guy to do Steve Smith.

But hey, game 1 of the Cam Newton era as my QB went well. Somehow, I'm still going to lose my matchup though...
Old 10-10-2011   #39
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Just saw this. You made an even better trade than mine. Bowe and Smith for Newton is pretty much nothing.

What's your lineup look like?
Bowe did just have 130 yards and 2 TD's so I did have to give to get. But Smith was a throw away player.

QB: Cam Newton - Kevin Kolb
RB: Ray Rice - Shonn Greene - Pierre Thomas
RB: Steven Jackson - Felix Jones - Ben Tate
WR: Larry Fitzgerald - Chad Ochocinco
WR: Jeremy Maclin - Jacoby Jones
WR: Johnny Knox - Terell Owens
TE: Greg Olsen
DEF: Detroit
K: Sebastian Janikowski
Old 10-11-2011   #40
Blake
MMQB

Wow. Just got offered a pair of trades in another league. Need a little outside perspective. Non PPR.

Current Lineup:
Matt Schaub
Calvin Johnson
Andre Johnson
Frank Gore
Ryan Matthews
Rob Gronkowski
Jason Witten
Saints/Falcons
Janikowski
BENCH: Ingram, Henderson, Ryan Grant, Kenall Hunter, Grossman,

1st Trade:

Give:
Andre Johnson
Frank Gore

Get:
Tom Brady
Tim Hightower

2nd Trade:

Give:
Calvin Johnson
Ryan Matthews

Get:
Tom Brady
Ahmad Bradshaw
Larry Fitzgerald

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read