Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-03-2011   #61
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Anybody still questioning Foster's value the team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
Remember Barry Sanders was too slow for the NFL.
Never heard that. Emmitt Smith on the other hand was called too small and too slow. But like Herv is talking about Emmitt had football moves. He moved exceptionally in small space making a shoulder tackle into an arm tackle. Then he had exceptional hand use and would deflect the arm tackle into no tackle and poof he was gone. Arian is considerably bigger but he has some of those skills and to me they are more important than straight line speed. And Arian is fine on that anyway. He made the cut on the TD run straight toward us and I turned to my wife and said "gone."
Old 10-03-2011   #62
TexansForTheW
Veteran

Rep Power: 323 TexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
Yeah. The time on the 40 can only tell you so much -- it doesn't tell you about how fast you are while you're making cuts and changing direction. It doesn't tell you much about the back's ability to explode through a hole. You can run a 4.5 or 4.6 and still be a more effective "feature" back in the NFL than a 4.3 guy if you have the "football moves".

It's not unlike a guy throwing a 92 MPH fastball being more effective than someone throwing 100 MPH if the 92 MPH guy also has great location and offspeed pitches.
Agh baseball reference that fits perfectly. Great post.
TexansForTheW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011   #63
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217185 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky View Post
Has there ever been a better UDFA RB in the modern era, say from the 60's on? I know Priest Holmes was damn good, but Foster is better imo, and its not even that close. Anyone else?
I agree with your overall point about Foster, but to paraphrase Winston Wolf, let's not go overboard here. Foster may very well end up ahead of Priest Holmes, but I think you're possibly forgetting how good Holmes was for a few years. Holmes put up one of the best 3-year stretches ever, where he was First Team All-Pro each year.

2001: 1555 RuYd 8 RuTD 4.8 YPC 62 rec 614 RecYd 2 RecTD
2002: 1615 RuYd 21 RuTD 5.2 YPC 70 rec 672 RecYd 3 RecTD
2003: 1420 RuYd 27 RuTD 4.4 YPC 74 rec 690 RecYd 0 RecTD

I'd sure like to see Foster get 27 rushing TDs this year, though.
Old 10-03-2011   #64
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39273 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Not to diminish Foster's value at all but I was definitely wanting to see the Foster-Tate combo yesterday. I have a feeling this is going to be the most deadly 1-2 punch in the NFL once they're both healthy.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011   #65
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Foster
Tate
Ward

kinda makes it wiggle a little.
I like it-our RBs FTW!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read