Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-15-2005   #1
Mr.Scarface
Rookie

Rep Power: 1715 Mr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Ross Verba is still available........

sign his ***.........
Mr.Scarface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #2
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Gimme a break...
Old 09-15-2005   #3
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183481 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

There is a reason he's still available ..... He's not the answer

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #4
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Not the answer - for any team, apparently.
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #5
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Matt Stevens is still available as well.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #6
cadahnic
All Pro

One real option is if Dan Neil is healthy he would be a welcome addidtion to our team and he is a pro bowl veteran OL. He can play guard or center and that would mean we can move McKinney to LG and Pitts to LT and then we have wand and riley coming off the bench. It would greatly improve our pass protection and run offense.
cadahnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #7
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

i think Verba would outplay Riley or Wand
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-15-2005   #8
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Things Ross Verba and I have in common:

Things Ross Verba and I have in common:

Neither are currently employed by the NFL or any of its teams
Both are not Top 10 LT's
Both dislike Cleveland Browns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #9
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14190 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadahnic
One real option is if Dan Neil is healthy he would be a welcome addidtion to our team and he is a pro bowl veteran OL. He can play guard or center and that would mean we can move McKinney to LG and Pitts to LT and then we have wand and riley coming off the bench. It would greatly improve our pass protection and run offense.
This is a nice idea, and he already knows the zone blocking scheme.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #10
cadahnic
All Pro

thanx Tejano. Neil is well versed in the zone blocking scheme and he is quite talented in reading defenses. The only problem with this is if he is still injured. If he is not I do not understand why we dont sign him this week and then we have two weeks to work the line with the new setup. Pitts, McKinney, Neil, Weigert, Wade. I am tell all Texans fans, it would cut down are *****ing by 40%. Because even with the improved line Palmer will still call ****ty plays.
cadahnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #11
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10704 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCROD
Things Ross Verba and I have in common:

Neither are currently employed by the NFL or any of its teams
Both are not Top 10 LT's
Both dislike Cleveland Browns
haha, funny stuff
Malloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #12
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Allright I got it. Why dont the Texans sign me? I could play LT. Granted I might be a tad short for the LT spot(5'11) and perhaps a little on the small side (165), but I would be all heart. Plus I would sign for the rock bottom price of 1million bucks! What a steal!

Plus wouldnt yall love to see me lineup against Freeney?! I can see it now. Freeney charging forward towards Carr and I am holding onto his ankles as he drags me around the field.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #13
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

I knew this thread would be reborn after the Buffalo game.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #14
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

This thread is far from alive...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005   #15
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

So...hmmm...ya think we should give him a call now?
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005   #16
GoJags16
Rookie

It was said Verba wanted a huge contract deal, somewhere between 25-30 million for 4-5 years. The last thing yall need is an old turnstile who thinks hes the shiz, when really hes not even that good.

But I know how ya feel, I think Leftwich would be better on the O line then some of the Jags we have playing right now (i.e Salaam, Manuwai)
GoJags16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005   #17
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Yes, Ross Verba is looking for an unreasonably large contract and we are already paying some of our O Linemen enough as it is. Dan Neil is also injured, otherwise I would say he would be an excellent choice for center or guard, but for now he is hurt and would not be able to help the team.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read