Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: After three games, your expectations have:
Remained the Same - Texans will make the play-offs 85 81.73%
Increased a couple of games - Texans will make the play-offs 11 10.58%
Decreased a couple of games - Texans will miss the play-offs 5 4.81%
Remained the Same - Texans never had a chance to make the play-offs 3 2.88%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-29-2011   #41
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 150172 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: After three games, your expectations have:

Quote:
Originally Posted by coon View Post
About the same. We had Saint's against the ropes and just could't deliver the knockout blow. We should get two of the next three and im fine with that. The biggest games are looking to be Tampa and Atlanta later in the season. Hopefully we will have around 3 losses and will be jockeying for a home playoff game
Tampa ain't ****...... I'm saying it now. They took advantage of a week schedule, they swept the NFC West, Split the AFC North (lost to the Ravens & Steelers, beat the Bengals & Browns), They swept the 2-14 Panthers, They were swept by Atlanta, & only beat NO in the last game of the year (gimmie game). There wasn't a quality win on their schedule from 2010.

So far this year, they've beaten Atlanta & Minnesota. I'm not impressed.
Old 09-29-2011   #42
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 112650 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's seeee... we've won 2 and lost 1. Now by my calculations if we can continue that trend the rest of the season - two wins for each loss - we can end up 11-5.

I can live with that.

Every team wins one or two they shouldn't and lose one or two they shouldn't
Old 09-29-2011   #43
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 48009 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Let's seeee... we've won 2 and lost 1. Now by my calculations if we can continue that trend the rest of the season - two wins for each loss - we can end up 11-5.

I can live with that.

Every team wins one or two they shouldn't and lose one or two they shouldn't
Or in the case of last year, about 1 and 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011   #44
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 112650 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Or in the case of last year, about 1 and 5.
This season, that ratio will not do.
We sink that badly again, heads must roll.
Old 09-30-2011   #45
SuperSerial
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 SuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respectedSuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respectedSuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respectedSuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respectedSuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respectedSuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respectedSuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respectedSuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respectedSuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respectedSuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respectedSuperSerial is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Until Kubiak proves me (and a lot of other Kubiak bashers around here) wrong, I am going to continue to assume and predict this is the year he finally turns it around.

If he doesn't though, I will be unsufferable around these parts.
If there's a way to eff up a game, Kubiak will find it. Like running the ball 3 times and passing it 18 times in the 4th vs the Saints. That ain't exactly how you protect and lead, chew up the clock, and keep Mr. Brees on the bench.
SuperSerial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011   #46
KA4Texan
C27A

Rep Power: 5487 KA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

My vote, remained they make the playoffs, in spite of Kubak, far from because of, just as I believed before NO.

I dont know, I still just feel like Sunday was prom night, we had the stage primed and set, it was ours for the taking but we forgot the "protection"...... so we went home disappointed.

I just know, unless it wins us the game I dont want to see another FG this season.
Old 09-30-2011   #47
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39734 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSerial View Post
If there's a way to eff up a game, Kubiak will find it. Like running the ball 3 times and passing it 18 times in the 4th vs the Saints. That ain't exactly how you protect and lead, chew up the clock, and keep Mr. Brees on the bench.
The other side of this is that we probably would have chewed up the clock if our two RBs weren't Tate and Slaton. It's kind of tough to just pound the rock continuously and keep Brees off the field when A) Tate wasn't having a terribly great running game and B) Slaton sucks.

Besides, we were tearing them up through the air. Perhaps the coaches felt it'd be better to put the game out of reach by putting more points on the board? I don't know. We killed the Colts last year in Week 1 by running down their throats the second half, but we had Foster and Ward then.

Not saying I agree with what happened. I would have probably been more balanced. But maybe that was the thought process?
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011   #48
TejasTom
Get #80 a ring!

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 32888 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think Kubiak can kill this year by his self but if he continues to get help from Schaub (a la 56% completion) we could have problems.

If Schaub stays close to 70% like the 1st two games, and Foster can stay on field we'll be fine.
TejasTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011   #49
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah right, some people need to reflect what they've chosen in their postings.........entirely too much bitching about a 2-1 team that apparently almost everyone believes will make the playoffs for the first time in team history.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011   #50
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 222056 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
The other side of this is that we probably would have chewed up the clock if our two RBs weren't Tate and Slaton. It's kind of tough to just pound the rock continuously and keep Brees off the field when A) Tate wasn't having a terribly great running game and B) Slaton sucks.
Ben Tate was getting 4.3 ypc. That isn't cat food. But it looked like he got knicked or cramped in the fourth and that's why Slaton went in. I don't think they trusted Slaton to pound it to run out time.
Old 09-30-2011   #51
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 150172 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Yeah right, some people need to reflect what they've chosen in their postings.........entirely too much bitching about a 2-1 team that apparently almost everyone believes will make the playoffs for the first time in team history.

We've been reminded, several times, that we've used this same argument last year, & it's true, we did. However the difference (at least in my mind) is that we are playing better football than we were last season. Not perfect by any means, but good football none the less.

My only concern, is that I don't think we have the depth that we thought we had coming into the season.

We thought we had something on the line other than Mario & Antonio... but Brooks Reed has looked pedestrian in the regular season & Barwin hasn't shown us what he had in his rookie season... neither has Cushing or Demeco for that matter. Depth wise, the only thing we've got is Tim Jamison in the front 7 & that isn't going to get us through the season.

We've still got time for those guys to find their game, but right now the picture is bleak.

DB wise....to me, Allen & KJac isn't going to do us any good if JJo misses any significant time, not with what they've shown us so far anyway.

We've already hit the bottom of our RB depth chart & it's scary. Hopefully Ogbanaya can bring his preseason game into the regular season when we need him & Ward will get healthy again.

WR..... obviously only a few of us think we need help at the WR position. Sure, if KDub misses a game, or if Jacoby misses a game, we probably won't notice. But if both of them are out, or if AJ has issues.... I think we're in trouble.

Our best swing tackle is already on IR & I can't remember the last time I saw Cardwell.

Some people are going to have to step up & right now, I'm worried that they even can. It's only been 3 games, I know..... but it's been 3 games.
Old 09-30-2011   #52
sandman
Veteran

Rep Power: 15846 sandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Some people are going to have to step up & right now, I'm worried that they even can. It's only been 3 games, I know..... but it's been 3 games.
See, this type of response is what I don't get.

This team beat the teams they were supposed to beat, and lost to the team they were supposed to lose to. They are + on turnovers, getting sacks and INT's. Running game works. Passing game works. New defense has gaps but still much better than last year.

To talk about people needing to step up and do it RIGHT NOW else the season will be an absolute- err, utter - fail just baffles me.

I can understand if they didn't win or lose in the manner you thought appropriate, but seriously, you sound like a man who just realized his team won the all-time suckage award.
sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011   #53
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman View Post

To talk about people needing to step up and do it RIGHT NOW else the season will be an absolute- err, utter - fail just baffles me.
Sorry, I thought I was pretty clear.

I believe I made a point that my concerns were about our depth.

Everyone deals with injuries.... we're going to have injuries... we're going to have to deal with injuries.

Some of our depth guys looked good in the preseason, not so much in the regular season.... it's only been 3 games...

yeah, I thought I covered everything.
Old 09-30-2011   #54
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 59253 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Division title and first round playoff bye or bust.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011   #55
sandman
Veteran

Rep Power: 15846 sandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Sorry, I thought I was pretty clear.

I believe I made a point that my concerns were about our depth.

Everyone deals with injuries.... we're going to have injuries... we're going to have to deal with injuries.

Some of our depth guys looked good in the preseason, not so much in the regular season.... it's only been 3 games...

yeah, I thought I covered everything.
Depth. Gotcha. Makes sense.
sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011   #56
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30803 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

I think Cushing has played well so far even though he probably won't ever be as good as he was back in 2009 when he was just an absolute beast.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read