Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-29-2011   #21
Ckw

Default Re: Grade Texans overall

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I don't understand this grade. The teams we've played so far, doesn't strike fear into anyone's hearts (excluding the Saints) but we beat those teams the way we were supposed to. It wasn't some lucky streak like the way the Steelers beat Indy. We owned them, the whole game.

We beat Miami like a good team would beat Miami, not the way the Patriots (with the worse pass defense in the league right now, or close) did.

The only poor performance by any phase of the game was a 9 minute window... The most important nine minutes maybe (arguably) But I don't see how that drops them that far from an A+
As I have stated before, this team hasn't done anything different than they have done before. Nothing. We have been 2-0 before. We have also been 2-1 before. We have beaten bad teams by a large margin before. We have even beaten "elite", Super Bowl contending teams before. We have also done this song and dance everyone is so pleased with where we stay in the game against a good team for 3 quarters only to blow it in the 4th.

Everything the Texans have done this season, we have seen before. You can bring up the defense, but we had a pretty damn good defense to close out the 2009 season. What happened in 2010? I don't think I even need to go there.

As far as the Miami game is concerned, we did the same thing there that we did against the Saints: we couldn't punch it in for 6 in the red zone. And in the game day thread I stated that if that continued, we wouldn't be able to beat the Colts. And what happened? We stayed in the game for 3 quarters with our field goals and occasional TD, but we lost the game.

Show me something different Texans. Show me something I haven't seen before. Hell, if they go out and beat the Steelers, that will be something I have never seen them do in the Kubiak era. That will be a start. But until I see something different, they get a C+. They get an A for the Colts game, a B- for the Miami game, and a D- for the Saints game (I am sick of seeing this team play for half a game only to choke it away in the second half). But since we are only 3 games in, I will probably scratch that C+ and give them an I.
Old 09-29-2011   #22
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33817 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Too early to tell right now.
Old 09-29-2011   #23
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw View Post
As I have stated before, this team hasn't done anything different than they have done before. Nothing.
So you graded their performance, not the team. That makes sense.
Old 09-29-2011   #24
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

B. They beat the teams they were supposed to beat and lost to a top team in the league.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011   #25
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
So you graded their performance, not the team. That makes sense.
My sarcasm meter isn't functioning right now. Too many pain pills from my heart surgery...

What would you grade them?
Old 09-29-2011   #26
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw View Post
My sarcasm meter isn't functioning right now. Too many pain pills from my heart surgery...

What would you grade them?
I'm not being sarcastic, you did exactly what the title asked.

If we're grading their results so far this year, your thinking, reasoning is understandable.

I read the title & graded what I see. The defense looks to be at least average, the offense looks better than average.... that's a B for me.
Old 09-29-2011   #27
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 101624 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

B for me.

Beat two teams we were supposed to beat Lost to a team that has a chance to return to the Super Bowl AND we gave them more than they wanted. Solid B
Old 09-29-2011   #28
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

B-

Took care of business against two winless teams.
Had the opportunity to put the game away early against the Saints and failed. Then D came apart in 4th.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read