Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-03-2005   #41
Demon
Rookie

I agree. The Texans showed some character today; the flaws, unfortunately, were there as well. Seven sacks .... come on, is this Kroger? However, Texans seemed to move the ball at times with a short pass and running game. We'll take some steps and hopefully can take out our frustrations on the Titans. Can't think of a better place to start than Sunday.

Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005   #42
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

No I am not happy with any loss, but your statement would suggest that if one thought the effort was much better than what we have seen the prior two games then they would be happy with the loss.

Your ruse is sophomoric at best. Chicken little seems to becoming a state of mind around here and it stinks.
Old 10-03-2005   #43
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1341 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
If anything, the refs kept the Texans in the game by flagging the Bengals something like 14 times for 117 yards. This is a game the Texans would have won last year, or the year before, or maybe even the year before.

What we saw yesterday could be considered progress since Week 1 of this season but I'm measuring progress using 2002 as the datum. I keep hearing "there's no question we're a better team." Yes we should be - but I sure don't see it. We may have already peaked with this group of players and coaching staff.
Well put AJ. We have talked about progress on this board quite a bit over the past couple of years. In the past it's been measured with statistics and wins/losses. Now we're measuring progress by how many times Carr throws the ball out of bounds vs. taking a sack. We're considering 170 yards passing against the 20th ranked pass defense progress. Giving up 7 sacks to a team that had 2 in 3 games is somehow progress because DD had 80 yards against a weak run defense.

Yes, the defense played okay. But they still got very little pressure on Palmer outside of the two sacks. If the Bengals hadn't shot themselves in the foot with all of their penalties it would have been a 3 score deficit.

There are so many problems with this team and the way it is being run. For those of you that are happy with this lose because the team didn't look like a bunch of high school kids for the first time in a long time... enjoy your moral victory. I for one am disgusted by what has transpired here. We were promised a competitive team and have seen no semblance of that. This team has regressed to their 2003 level of play if not worse.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005   #44
aphia1996
Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to aphia1996
Default There is only one goal: SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!

I am never happy with a loss and that is what most of our fan will tell you. I hate to lose any game! I want our FIGHTING TEXANS to win every week. The effort was back and the team was in the game and was trying to win it....that is what people are happy with at this point! I am never happy when we have another loss on our record and will never except that as a good game because when you lose you don't reach your goal. THE TEXANS GOAL: SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!! That is it! It is a simple goal and the only goal. This is the teams only goal and they should be striving for it each and every week of the season and off~season for that matter. This week was just another stepping stone and I hope that we build our new found attitude and start taking that fight to each team we face!

Geaux Texans!!!

James Henderson
Houston, Texas
aphia1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005   #45
lucky13

(wrong thread)

Last edited by lucky13; 10-03-2005 at 01:10 PM.
Old 10-03-2005   #46
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1341 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphia1996
The effort was back and the team was in the game and was trying to win it....that is what people are happy with at this point!
Like AJ said, this is year 4, not year 1. Effort is great for a new or rebuilding franchise, but we have been told every step of the way that progress is being made when nothing could be further from the truth. If someone in the organization would step up and admit that they failed it would be easier to stomach.

The Texans are now the laughing stock of the league and considered the worst team in the NFL. If that is something to be happy about... enjoy.

Last edited by the wonger need food; 10-03-2005 at 12:28 PM.
Old 10-03-2005   #47
Storm
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food
... you are exactly the type of "fan" that the organization is banking on. Other than zero turnovers and a few more first downs, this team did not really play any better than it did in the first 2 losses.

Cincinatti played down to Houston's level today and played their worst game of the year.

If you accept mediocrity as fans then you will be served mediocrity

I know this from experience being a Bengal fan, our fans accepted less than mediocrity for 15 years and we were served less than mediocrity but we had some fans who wouldn't acknowledge what was happening and continued to financially support the team filling up the stadium and then voting to build them a new one at a cost of close to a billion dollars after interest when the team hadn't won more than 6 games in a season in 10 years. It all changed in 2002 when thew stadium was empty for a home game, ownership was forced to make a change or lose money

My advice is don't wait 15 years before you take action, and some of the best action you can take is hit em where it hurts! in their pocketbook!
Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005   #48
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm
If you accept mediocrity as fans then you will be served mediocrity.

My advice is don't wait 15 years before you take action, and some of the best action you can take is hit em where it hurts! in their pocketbook!
Mediocrity was served yesterday and we still have fans talking about how much improvement they are seeing. I have to admit that I was impressed by Carr throwing the ball away instead of running out of bounds. The fact that it took a new offensive coordinator to teach him this very basic concept is inexplicable. It just shows how badly things have broken here.

Our owner is a man of business foremost. I can't see him waiting another year, much less 15 to clean house and make his second attempt at a 4-year plan.
Old 10-03-2005   #49
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

My problem is that they could go 2-14 and I would still renew my season tickets each year - like what I did with the Oilers during the dark ages of '82-'85.

People often confuse criticism with jumping ship and that's a mistake. (It's a mistake to confuse the two and it's a mistake to jump ship). You don't have to stop buying tickets to let them know you're not happy - although many will do just that.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005   #50
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
You don't have to stop buying tickets to let them know you're not happy
Not that I recommend it and will not do it myself, but that would be the most effective way to let McNair know you're not happy - you'd get his attention
for sure !
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005   #51
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

This team will be good eventually which will make it hard for people to give up season tickets. Making it through these next 2-3 years will be pretty tough though.

Everyone could get good and liquored up before the games and not buy those $7 beers in the stadium. That would be a nice little hit to their pocketbook.
Old 10-03-2005   #52
Storm
Rookie

I don't know much about your owner and his commitment to winning but if he's not commited to winning then continuing to buy season tickets in the hope that he will change his philosophy will be fruitless

What took the Bengals 15 years to make a change was that they averaged over 50,000 fans every home game. the Owner Mike Brown who could care less about wins and losses and more about pocketing the extra cap money he saved felt that the fans were happy with the product on the field
Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005   #53
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm
I don't know much about your owner and his commitment to winning but if he's not commited to winning then continuing to buy season tickets in the hope that he will change his philosophy will be fruitless

What took the Bengals 15 years to make a change was that they averaged over 50,000 fans every home game. the Owner Mike Brown who could care less about wins and losses and more about pocketing the extra cap money he saved felt that the fans were happy with the product on the field
Appreciate this moment of clarity through experience.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read