Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 09-29-2011   #101
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Wondering if I should keep starting Frank Gore. I have Sproles as my backup running back so may start him this week instead.

Also, does anyone use ESPN Fantasy football? They have this stupid setting where you can't drop certain players and it can't be changed if you're in a standard FF league. It sucks because I wanted to drop Gore and pick up Daniel Thomas but can't because of that setting.
Tell your league manager. He can do it for you.

Also, I'd hold onto Gore. Don't give up on him yet. He looks like he is having trouble coming back from the hip injury, but I think he will turn it around.
Old 09-29-2011   #102
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The "Who should I start" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw View Post
Tell your league manager. He can do it for you.

Also, I'd hold onto Gore. Don't give up on him yet. He looks like he is having trouble coming back from the hip injury, but I think he will turn it around.
I asked him.

We can only have 3 running backs on our roster and I have Gore, Ray Rice, and Darren Sproles. I'll give Gore a week or two more...maybe.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011   #103
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Wondering if I should keep starting Frank Gore. I have Sproles as my backup running back so may start him this week instead.

Also, does anyone use ESPN Fantasy football? They have this stupid setting where you can't drop certain players and it can't be changed if you're in a standard FF league. It sucks because I wanted to drop Gore and pick up Daniel Thomas but can't because of that setting.

EDIT: Realized it's a LM league so the setting can be changed if the league manager decides to. I still think it's a stupid rule.
I would start Sproles until Gore showed me something. I have Gore in my money league and I haven't started him once, and I have horrible running backs in that league.
Old 09-29-2011   #104
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Fitzpatrick @ CIN
Rivers vs MIA

Rivers has been a beast for a long time but he has a issue with his sternum and I'm thinking it's time to put in the hot hand. What do ya'll think?
Old 09-29-2011   #105
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
Fitzpatrick @ CIN
Rivers vs MIA

Rivers has been a beast for a long time but he has a issue with his sternum and I'm thinking it's time to put in the hot hand. What do ya'll think?
Rivers looked fine week 1 & 2. Last week was an aberration in my opinion. I'd still start Rivers.
Old 09-29-2011   #106
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Fitzpatrick @ CIN
Rivers vs MIA

Definitely Rivers. Miami's pass defense is horrible. Cincy's D actually isn't as bad as I thought they would be by now.
Old 09-30-2011   #107
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 74351 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Choose two:

Stephen Jackson vs WAS (limited practice)
Willis McGahee @ GB
LeGarette Blount vs IND
Joseph Addai @ TB

Was thinking Blount and Addai but meh.

Choose 1:

Robert Meachem @ JAX
Marques Colston @ JAX
Dez Bryant vs DET
AJ Green vs BUF

Last edited by b0ng; 09-30-2011 at 11:44 AM.
b0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011   #108
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Choose two:

Willis McGahee @ GB
LeGarette Blount vs IND
Joseph Addai @ TB

Blount for sure. I have Jackson myself, but will probably sit him. Just picked up San Francisco RB Kendall Hunter with Gore doubtful.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011   #109
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Definitely Rivers. Miami's pass defense is horrible. Cincy's D actually isn't as bad as I thought they would be by now.
Fitzpatrick is on fire, while San Diego (Rivers) are in disarray.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011   #110
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Fitzpatrick is on fire, while San Diego (Rivers) are in disarray.
Through 3 games, Cincy has the 3rd best defense overall, and Miami has the third worst defense overall. Cincy 5th best passing D, Miami 29th best. I'd play the matchup and take Rivers @ home over Fitzy @ Cincy. I love playing the matchups myself
Old 09-30-2011   #111
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Choose two:

Willis McGahee @ GB
LeGarette Blount vs IND
Joseph Addai @ TB

Choose 1:

Robert Meachem @ JAX
Marques Colston @ JAX
Dez Bryant vs DET
AJ Green vs BUF
I'd go with Blount for sure, and Jackson if he's healthy. Otherwise McGahee over Addai IMO.

Is Colston even playing? I thought he was out another 2 weeks. In any case, I'd go with Meachum and Green over Bryant. Bills D has looked bad so far, but not great against the pass. Detroit has a better pass defense, likely due to all the pressure from the front 7. I expect them to roll over the Cowboys and knock Romo out of the game
Old 10-01-2011   #112
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Through 3 games, Cincy has the 3rd best defense overall, and Miami has the third worst defense overall. Cincy 5th best passing D, Miami 29th best. I'd play the matchup and take Rivers @ home over Fitzy @ Cincy. I love playing the matchups myself
Miami has played NE, Hou, and Cle
Cincinnati has played Denver, SF, and Cle.

I don't know how much weight I can put into the Bengals 5th ranked passing defense considering who they have played.
Old 10-01-2011   #113
Ckw

So do you guys still think I should start Flacco instead of Roesthlisberger?
Old 10-02-2011   #114
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Should have started Vincent Jackson! Damn! Dez Bryant got me some points though, so it's not all bad.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011   #115
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Well, it's man-up Monday and I shoulda started Rivers. I guess that Bengal defense is legit.
Old 10-05-2011   #116
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I started Tate over Beanie Wells because I thought Wells would sit again. Of course Wells goes off. However, I still won due to a large showing by Jordy Nelson, Drew Brees, Ray Rice, and Julio Jones, and Jimmy Graham. Currently 4-0 in my league.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011   #117
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 22796 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Ok i need 2 WRs this week because Andre is hurt and Brandon Marshall is on a bye.

Mike Williams(been incredibly dissapointing so far) vs SF
Chad Ochocinco(lol yeah right) vs. NYJ
Dexter McCluster(has WR eligibility in Yahoo leagues) vs. IND
Lance Moore vs. CAR
Old 10-06-2011   #118
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Ok i need 2 WRs this week because Andre is hurt and Brandon Marshall is on a bye.

Mike Williams(been incredibly dissapointing so far) vs SF
Chad Ochocinco(lol yeah right) vs. NYJ
Dexter McCluster(has WR eligibility in Yahoo leagues) vs. IND
Lance Moore vs. CAR
I think Williams and Moore are your best bet. McCluster vs Indy is tempting though.
Old 10-07-2011   #119
Ckw

Quote:
Well, it's man-up Monday and I shoulda started Rivers. I guess that Bengal defense is legit.
Yeah man, Rivers is a top 5 NFL QB. You start him every week no questions asked IMO.
Old 10-08-2011   #120
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw View Post
Yeah man, Rivers is a top 5 NFL QB. You start him every week no questions asked IMO.
I love Rivers, I've had him on my teams for years but it's tough to keep starting him when he is currently sitting right behind Tarvaris Jackson and Alex Smith in fantasy points.

He has 5 TD's and 6 INT's right now and that's against an extremely soft pass defense schedule. The teams he has played rank 17th, 28th, 30th, and 32 defending the pass.

I'm giving him the nod this week but I'm starting to wonder if something is wrong with Philip Rivers.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read