Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 09-28-2011   #1
Ckw

Default The "Should I do this trade thread"

Everyone feel free to use this thread to post your potential trades, offers, etc.

This just got offered to me.

I would receive Dwayne Bowe and Jonathan Stewart
I would send him Mike Williams TB, Reggie Bush, and Darren Sproles

I am leaning towards yes because when Bowe is performing well, he is a top 10 fantasy WR. I am stacked at RB (Lesean McCoy, Darren McFadden, Ahmad Bradshaw, Michael Bush) so I feel like I can afford to give up Sproles even though I am in a PPR, and Stewart has some good upside. I need some help at WR as right now my WRs are Larry Fitzgerald, Mike Williams (who has been terrible this year and I am worried about Josh Freeman as he has not looked good getting him the ball), Santana Moss, Eric Decker, and Denarius Moore.

So fantasy gurus, should I do the trade and add Dwayne Bowe to my team? Is it worth giving up Sproles?
Old 09-28-2011   #2
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The "Should I do this trade thread"

What does your lineup look like? 2 RB, 2 WR and flex? PPR? Do you get points for return yards and TDs?

I would think with McCoy, DMC and Sproles or Bradshaw would dominate in most leagues alone. Stewart is crap, Bush is looking like crap, so I dunno. You could counter with Decker and Sproles for Bowe and some crap RB (so he doesn't feel like he's giving up much). Unless the guy really wants Bush, just throw him in for kicks then pick up someone on the wire. Either way, I don't think this is a great deal. Waste of a WR slot in Bowe. KC isn't going to be good this year, look for another WR.
Old 09-28-2011   #3
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
What does your lineup look like? 2 RB, 2 WR and flex? PPR? Do you get points for return yards and TDs?

I would think with McCoy, DMC and Sproles or Bradshaw would dominate in most leagues alone. Stewart is crap, Bush is looking like crap, so I dunno. You could counter with Decker and Sproles for Bowe and some crap RB (so he doesn't feel like he's giving up much). Unless the guy really wants Bush, just throw him in for kicks then pick up someone on the wire. Either way, I don't think this is a great deal. Waste of a WR slot in Bowe. KC isn't going to be good this year, look for another WR.
Thanks man. You really don't like Bowe, huh!

Really appreciate your advice and am going to take it. Granted, Stewart has looked better the last two weeks and has a little upside (he did run for 1000 yards a few years ago). I am in a PPR (0.5) and yes, DMC, McCoy, and Bradshaw have been killing it for me. I have never started Sproles and probably won't other than in bye weeks.

So you don't think Bowe is better than what I have in Moss and Mike Williams?

My lineup looks like this:

QB: Flacco or Roesthlisberger
RB: McCoy
RB: Run-DMC
Flex: Bradshaw
WR: Fitz
WR: Moss
TE: OD
K: Janikowski
D/ST: Eagles

Only area I feel I need to improve is WR2.

So would you do the deal if it was Desean Jackson instead?

Also, I may have the option to do the same deal except get Daniel Thomas instead of Stewart and get either Steve Smith CAR or Brandon Marshall. Which of those deals do you think is best?

Thanks a ton man and sorry for all the questions!
Old 09-28-2011   #4
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh damn, you got a lot of bidders, eh? I would be concerned about DJax cause Vick is uncertain and he hasn't been doing much anyways. Steve Smith of Carolina looks pretty good so far but it's hard choice between him and Marshall. Both are #1 options that get a lot of yards but not a lot of TDs. I think Smith is in the better position though due to better QB play.

So could you get D Thomas and Smith? Cause I would avoid getting 2 players from either the Panthers or Dolphins. Dolphins are 0-3 without much to prove the rest of the season, the Panthers seem like they will be more competitive down the stretch. Although, the Dolphins just claimed Slaton, so I dunno. I like Smith more than the other guys mentioned, just because I think Cam will be playing 100% every week from here on out. The Dolphins may go for Luck, as they are leading the race on that one...

IMHO, Smith and Stewart/Thomas would be a good get for Sproles, Bush and whatever WR you don't want. (I'd hang on to Williams over the other guys you listed) SS just had a bad week thanks to the torrential rain storm. I expect him to contribute the rest of the season barring injury. He's put up awesome numbers so far.

Good luck!
Old 09-28-2011   #5
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Oh damn, you got a lot of bidders, eh? I would be concerned about DJax cause Vick is uncertain and he hasn't been doing much anyways. Steve Smith of Carolina looks pretty good so far but it's hard choice between him and Marshall. Both are #1 options that get a lot of yards but not a lot of TDs. I think Smith is in the better position though due to better QB play.

So could you get D Thomas and Smith? Cause I would avoid getting 2 players from either the Panthers or Dolphins. Dolphins are 0-3 without much to prove the rest of the season, the Panthers seem like they will be more competitive down the stretch. Although, the Dolphins just claimed Slaton, so I dunno. I like Smith more than the other guys mentioned, just because I think Cam will be playing 100% every week from here on out. The Dolphins may go for Luck, as they are leading the race on that one...

IMHO, Smith and Stewart/Thomas would be a good get for Sproles, Bush and whatever WR you don't want. (I'd hang on to Williams over the other guys you listed) SS just had a bad week thanks to the torrential rain storm. I expect him to contribute the rest of the season barring injury. He's put up awesome numbers so far.

Good luck!
Thanks man! I'd rep you, but I've given out too much in 24 hours.

I'm curious if everyone else is as down on Bowe as you are. I like him. Cassel isn't great, but he's been pretty good at getting Bowe the ball in the RZ. Then again, I am in a PPR so guys that catch a lot of balls are valuable.

Maybe I should just stick with what I have. I think the only deal that might be worth it would be Sproles, Williams, and Bush for Brandon Marshall or Steve Smith and maybe Daniel Thomas. That's a possibility. Hmmmm....
Old 09-28-2011   #6
Ckw

Just to make it easy, I will list the potential options I have right now.

I will list my players first and then the players I would receive second.

1. Darren Sproles, Mike Williams TB, & Reggie Bush for Dwayne Bowe and Jonathan Stewart
2. Darren Sproles, Mike Williams TB, & Reggie Bush for Brandon Marshall and Daniel Thomas
3. Darren Sproles, Mike Williams TB, & Reggie Bush for Steve Smith and Daniel Thomas
4. Darren McFadden, Mike Williams TB, & Reggie Bush for Roddy White & Beanie Wells

Only #1 has actually been submitted to me but 2, 3, & 4 are all in discussions.

So if it were you, which one of these options would you do? You can pick up to 2 if you would like since I'm not confident which of the last 3 will definitely be agreed to by their owners although all the options have been discussed.

Thanks everyone and rep (once the 24 hours is up) to everyone that responds with their opinions!
Old 09-28-2011   #7
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw View Post
Just to make it easy, I will list the potential options I have right now.

I will list my players first and then the players I would receive second.

1. Darren Sproles, Mike Williams TB, & Reggie Bush for Dwayne Bowe and Jonathan Stewart
2. Darren Sproles, Mike Williams TB, & Reggie Bush for Brandon Marshall and Daniel Thomas
3. Darren Sproles, Mike Williams TB, & Reggie Bush for Steve Smith and Daniel Thomas
4. Darren McFadden, Mike Williams TB, & Reggie Bush for Roddy White & Beanie Wells

Only #1 has actually been submitted to me but 2, 3, & 4 are all in discussions.

So if it were you, which one of these options would you do? You can pick up to 2 if you would like since I'm not confident which of the last 3 will definitely be agreed to by their owners although all the options have been discussed.

Thanks everyone and rep (once the 24 hours is up) to everyone that responds with their opinions!
I would do #2 & #3. In both you would get clear #1 WR's in Marshall & Smith and would also get a pretty good RB in Thomas. The fact that I like Marshall better makes #2 the clear winner here.

Edit: just realized #4 had DMC in it.. That would change my opinion quite a bit.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-28-2011   #8
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
I would do #2 & #3. In both you would get clear #1 WR's in Marshall & Smith and would also get a pretty good RB in Thomas. The fact that I like Marshall better makes #2 the clear winner here.

Edit: just realized #4 had DMC in it.. That would change my opinion quite a bit.
Thanks! I'm getting the message that I have given too much rep in the last 24 hours but as soon as I can, I will rep you. I appreciate the advice. That is the way I am leaning.

So are you with Dutch that you think option 1 (me getting Bowe) is a bad deal?

Also, what do you mean in your last sentence? Do you mean that you would do the deal even though it includes McFadden or would not?
Old 09-28-2011   #9
Ckw

Also since the responses I have gotten so far have indicated Marshall or Steve Smith for Sproles is the best deal, what about if the guy insists on Bradshaw instead? Right now I am saying, no, no, and NO but if I did that, I could still start Sproles at the flex. Once again, I think Bradshaw for Smith/Marshall and Daniel Thomas would be a bad trade, but I'm curious what you all think.

Thanks again to you that have responded. I'd also love to hear about your teams.
Old 09-28-2011   #10
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw View Post
Thanks! I'm getting the message that I have given too much rep in the last 24 hours but as soon as I can, I will rep you. I appreciate the advice. That is the way I am leaning.

So are you with Dutch that you think option 1 (me getting Bowe) is a bad deal?

Also, what do you mean in your last sentence? Do you mean that you would do the deal even though it includes McFadden or would not?
At first glance I thought Sproles was the RB in that trade too. I had it as the clear cut #1 until I realized it was Mcfadden and not Sproles. I would not do that trade. DMC is just too much to give up for White.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011   #11
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
At first glance I thought Sproles was the RB in that trade too. I had it as the clear cut #1 until I realized it was Mcfadden and not Sproles. I would not do that trade. DMC is just too much to give up for White.
Agreed.

So if the other trade doesn't go through for Marshall or Smith, you think I should do the trade for Bowe?
Old 09-29-2011   #12
Ckw

Sweet! I am pretty happy. The guy ended up accepting the trade of Darren Sproles (I'll miss him but he simply wasn't going to start for me), Reggie Bush, and Mike Williams for Brandon Marshall and Daniel Thomas.

I definitely feel like I won this deal, although the other guy didn't have much to lose as he has a pretty solid WR core (Reggie Wayne, Steve Smith CAR, Brandon Lloyd, and now Mike Williams TB) and Sproles will easily be his 2nd best RB as right now he was starting Peyton Hillis, Pierre Thomas, and The Law Firm (poor guy had Jamaal Charles). League is PPR as well so Sproles has more value.

Definitely happy with the trade though, and I like the potential of Daniel Thomas as he can definitely be a spot starter and Marshall is now my every week starter at WR along with Fitz.

Anyway, let's hear about the rest of your teams. I'd love to offer what little advice I can give to any of you or just see what your teams look like.

Rep to you that have commented too! Thanks a ton for making the decision easier!
Old 10-02-2011   #13
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Roddy White for Peyton Hillis?

My RB's are Hillis and Foster. Backups are Tate, Tolbert, and Bernard Scott.

I've already got Fitz and Welker at WR. Backups are Meachem and a couple of projects (Torrey Smith and Donald Jones.) Meachem has been my flex.

I'm leaning towards "no."
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011   #14
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

In one of my leagues my QB's are Kevin Kolb and Sam Bradford. They are literally killing my team. I cant find a team with 2 amazing QB's on their roster as a trade parter.

Is there any way I can trade for a better QB without giving up Ray Rice?

QB Sam Bradford, StL QB
RB Ray Rice, Bal RB
RB Felix Jones, Dal RB P
WR Larry Fitzgerald, Ari WR
WR Dwayne Bowe, KC WR
WR Jeremy Maclin, Phi WR P
TE Greg Olsen, Car TE
D/ST Saints D/ST D/ST
K Sebastian Janikowski, Oak K

Bench Steven Jackson, StL RB P
Bench Chad Ochocinco, NE WR
Bench Shonn Greene, NYJ RB
Bench Kevin Kolb, Ari QB
Bench Ben Tate, Hou RB Q
Bench Lions D/ST D/ST
Bench Brandon LaFell, Car WR
Bench Ed Dickson, Bal TE
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011   #15
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
Roddy White for Peyton Hillis?

My RB's are Hillis and Foster. Backups are Tate, Tolbert, and Bernard Scott.

I've already got Fitz and Welker at WR. Backups are Meachem and a couple of projects (Torrey Smith and Donald Jones.) Meachem has been my flex.

I'm leaning towards "no."
Honestly, unless you start 3 WRs, I don't see any reason to do that trade. You're kind of thin at RB, so dropping Hillis for a WR doesn't make much sense.
Old 10-03-2011   #16
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
In one of my leagues my QB's are Kevin Kolb and Sam Bradford. They are literally killing my team. I cant find a team with 2 amazing QB's on their roster as a trade parter.

Is there any way I can trade for a better QB without giving up Ray Rice?

QB Sam Bradford, StL QB
RB Ray Rice, Bal RB
RB Felix Jones, Dal RB P
WR Larry Fitzgerald, Ari WR
WR Dwayne Bowe, KC WR
WR Jeremy Maclin, Phi WR P
TE Greg Olsen, Car TE
D/ST Saints D/ST D/ST
K Sebastian Janikowski, Oak K

Bench Steven Jackson, StL RB P
Bench Chad Ochocinco, NE WR
Bench Shonn Greene, NYJ RB
Bench Kevin Kolb, Ari QB
Bench Ben Tate, Hou RB Q
Bench Lions D/ST D/ST
Bench Brandon LaFell, Car WR
Bench Ed Dickson, Bal TE
I'm in a similar situation with Matt Ryan and Bradford. After getting sniped on the wavier wire for Newton, McCoy, Hasselback, and Campbell, I decided just to drop Bradford and pick up Andy Dalton. He seems good enough as a fill-in for Ryan's bad matchups and bye week. Grossman isn't completely terrible if he's still on the wire for you, as he seems to get positive points each week - something Bradford doesn't do. I dunno, what else is on the wire for you at this point? I don't think you're going to be able to trade much given your squad.
Old 10-03-2011   #17
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34365 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

Since Jamaal Charles went out I have a problem at HB. Right now my 2 starters are Beanie Wells (just had a great game but injury prone) and Cedric Benson who might be out for 3 weeks. Behind them I have Michael Bush and just picked up Stevan Ridley.

Now, my depth at WR is pretty good with Hakeem Nicks, Brandon Marhsall, Steve Smith (Car), Plaxico Burress, Devin Hester and Michael Crabtree. I just got offered the following trade:

Rashard Mendenhall for Hakeem Nicks

I am on the fence. I never liked Mendenhall and so far he had a subpar season and left the last game with a hamstring injury. On the other hand he was projected to be a fantasy powerhouse this season and as far as I know a second round pick in most leagues. What would you do?
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011   #18
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
Since Jamaal Charles went out I have a problem at HB. Right now my 2 starters are Beanie Wells (just had a great game but injury prone) and Cedric Benson who might be out for 3 weeks. Behind them I have Michael Bush and just picked up Stevan Ridley.

Now, my depth at WR is pretty good with Hakeem Nicks, Brandon Marhsall, Steve Smith (Car), Plaxico Burress, Devin Hester and Michael Crabtree. I just got offered the following trade:

I am on the fence. I never liked Mendenhall and so far he had a subpar season and left the last game with a hamstring injury. On the other hand he was projected to be a fantasy powerhouse this season and as far as I know a second round pick in most leagues. What would you do?
Absolutely not. Nicks is having a great year. Top 10 WR so far, whereas Mendenhall is having a terrible year behind a sketchy O-line.

Now you do need some RB help obviously. I suggest you drop a WR on your bench and pickup B Scott who's behind Benson. He will be your handcuff and fill-in during Benson's absence. That will help bolster one RB position a bit.

As far as the trade goes, see if you can give up a bench WR for Mendenhall - Plax or Crabtree would be ideal. Assuming you start only 2 WRs, a guy like Marshall may be able to net you a decent RB like Michael Turner, Peyton Hillis, Frank Gore or Javid Best. Best just had a bad game, so a fickle owner may be willing to trade him.
Old 10-03-2011   #19
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 52823 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post

I feel your pain with Jamaal Charles man but no way would I give up Hicks for Mendenhall. Hicks is healthy and looked like a beast this week. Mendenhall looks beat up.
Old 10-04-2011   #20
Ckw

No WAY do you give up Nicks for Mendenhall. Someone desperate would probably be willing to give you a DMC or Foster of somebody like that for Nicks.

I trade too much. I am concerned though about my QB situation. Big Ben has been sucking royally, and Flacco is too damn inconsistent. Our league is not standard in that it gives QBs 6 points per TD instead of 4 so they are more valuable, and mine kind of suck. In past weeks, I have been able to get by with poor QB play due to McFadden, McCoy, Bradshaw, and Fitz, but now McFadden looks beat up and is he going to continue playing the way that he has. Which is why I am thinking maybe I strike while the iron is hot so to speak.

Chris Johnson, Desean Jackson, Matt Schaub, and Lions D for Run-DMC, Michael Bush (handcuff), and Ben Roesthlisberger.

What do you think?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read