Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 08-30-2011   #21
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 59622 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: It's funny...

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
OK I'm here. That got me.

Thanks for the kudos, spent my bday (think Jack Benny on the age) with my kids at a great amusement park, and discovered facebook is apparantly the new tool used instead of a phone to wish soemone a happy bday.

I love football and still love Houston. Just stuck with the franchise I've loved for 32 years. Can't let go now.
Use the hate brother, works for me!
Old 08-30-2011   #22
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 42996 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
...how the inbreds never come here anymore.

Where art thou hillbillies?

We have a playoff caliber team now, and you guys are nowhere to be found. What up with that?
BTW, you've had a playoff caliber team for a few years now. Not our fault your coaching sucks.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011   #23
wpsharpshooter
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 wpsharpshooter is a quality contributor and well respectedwpsharpshooter is a quality contributor and well respectedwpsharpshooter is a quality contributor and well respectedwpsharpshooter is a quality contributor and well respectedwpsharpshooter is a quality contributor and well respectedwpsharpshooter is a quality contributor and well respectedwpsharpshooter is a quality contributor and well respectedwpsharpshooter is a quality contributor and well respectedwpsharpshooter is a quality contributor and well respectedwpsharpshooter is a quality contributor and well respectedwpsharpshooter is a quality contributor and well respected

New guy here... Ill bite... Ive been a tack fan since they came to TN and every year I start out thinking of how bad we are going to be, our defense sucks, our QB (VY) sucks, it just seemed that we never could get anything goin. This year I am staying optimistic. I really think talent wise we are alot better of a team than we have been in the last several years. Now whether they are able to put it all together is another story, but we actually have a QB this year, something we havent had since 05 granted hes not a spring chicken, but Im sure we can agree he is a step up from what we had. Now Im not saying we are a playoff team I just think we will finish out better than last year... As far as the texans... I hate em LOL... You dont know if they are gonna pass for 500 yards on ya or throw 3 picks... Needless to say its always a game that could go either way, and frankly this year you guys scare me more than the previous years.. You guys have been on the bubble for the last 3 yrs... Maybe its yalls year... whatever the case is good luck on your season, and beat the **** outta the colts
wpsharpshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011   #24
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 156011 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
I love football and still love Houston. Just stuck with the franchise I've loved for 32 years. Can't let go now.
Well, one of those you left, and one of those left you.

Quote:
BTW, you've had a playoff caliber team for a few years now. Not our fault your coaching sucks.
Now THAT is a rep worthy zing!
Old 09-03-2011   #25
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpsharpshooter View Post
New guy here... Ill bite... Ive been a tack fan since they came to TN and every year I start out thinking of how bad we are going to be, our defense sucks, our QB (VY) sucks, it just seemed that we never could get anything goin. This year I am staying optimistic. I really think talent wise we are alot better of a team than we have been in the last several years. Now whether they are able to put it all together is another story, but we actually have a QB this year, something we havent had since 05 granted hes not a spring chicken, but Im sure we can agree he is a step up from what we had. Now Im not saying we are a playoff team I just think we will finish out better than last year... As far as the texans... I hate em LOL... You dont know if they are gonna pass for 500 yards on ya or throw 3 picks... Needless to say its always a game that could go either way, and frankly this year you guys scare me more than the previous years.. You guys have been on the bubble for the last 3 yrs... Maybe its yalls year... whatever the case is good luck on your season, and beat the **** outta the colts
That's saying something with a rookie head coach and all. From the little I saw in PS from the tAcks, I don't get the feeling that they're going to do much this year. I really like Munchak, though and he should be a good coach once he settles in.
Old 09-06-2011   #26
wpsharpshooter
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 wpsharpshooter is a quality contributor and well respectedwpsharpshooter is a quality contributor and well respectedwpsharpshooter is a quality contributor and well respectedwpsharpshooter is a quality contributor and well respectedwpsharpshooter is a quality contributor and well respectedwpsharpshooter is a quality contributor and well respectedwpsharpshooter is a quality contributor and well respectedwpsharpshooter is a quality contributor and well respectedwpsharpshooter is a quality contributor and well respectedwpsharpshooter is a quality contributor and well respectedwpsharpshooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
That's saying something with a rookie head coach and all. From the little I saw in PS from the tAcks, I don't get the feeling that they're going to do much this year. I really like Munchak, though and he should be a good coach once he settles in.
I guess Im just being overly optimistic... I cant remember the last time we started a drive with out a run play on 1st and 3rd down... Im looking forward to the new regime.. The offense had gotten so stale with Fisher and company calling the same thing...
Old 09-11-2011   #27
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpsharpshooter View Post
I guess Im just being overly optimistic... I cant remember the last time we started a drive with out a run play on 1st and 3rd down... Im looking forward to the new regime.. The offense had gotten so stale with Fisher and company calling the same thing...
Yeah, sometimes coaches get stuck in a rut. I like Fisher, maybe some new blood was needed. Munchak should be a good HC. I just hope see sux as one against us.
Old 09-26-2011   #28
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 42996 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, we're 2 and 1 and even though no Britt for the rest of the season, clearly don't look like we will suck.

I forgot how nice it is to have competent QB play.

Old 09-26-2011   #29
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28847 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well, we're 2 and 1 and even though no Britt for the rest of the season, clearly don't look like we will suck.

Right now I would say the Titans are the only legit competition that Houston has for the division (not really saying much though). I'm still not quite sold on Tennessee but they have beaten a better team than Houston has so far in Baltimore.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011   #30
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 35195 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Britt is a big loss for yall. He is like CJ in that he requires the D to know where he is at all times. Nate Washington is a solid receiver, but not a #1 receiving option.

I don't think yall will suck, but will be 7 or 8 win team this year.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011   #31
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6688 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ok classy Titans fans posting in this thread... Could you please call over some of your trolls so we can get all pissy with each other? I just need that blind love on display, that Cowgirl fan type of love...

I'm glad you guys are 2-1, and wish you guys continued success. It'll hurt that much more when we smack yall back into 2010 mode.

Btw, I must admit that I'm a little jealous about Munchak being your new HC. I met the man when I was like 10 years old at a celebrity basketball game. Got to sit and hang out with him for awhile before the game. He was pretty much an idol to me after that. Now he's a rival head coach...pitiful.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011   #32
toronto
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
Ok classy Titans fans posting in this thread... Could you please call over some of your trolls so we can get all pissy with each other? I just need that blind love on display, that Cowgirl fan type of love...

I'm glad you guys are 2-1, and wish you guys continued success. It'll hurt that much more when we smack yall back into 2010 mode.

Btw, I must admit that I'm a little jealous about Munchak being your new HC. I met the man when I was like 10 years old at a celebrity basketball game. Got to sit and hang out with him for awhile before the game. He was pretty much an idol to me after that. Now he's a rival head coach...pitiful.
Well, I'll say this, with both our clubs now 3-1, the first game now has a much more intense feel to it.

Old 10-06-2011   #33
wpsharpshooter
Rookie

Well we seem to be going tit for tat on records... If this keeps up then the Oct 23 game will be crazy. That game could be the make or break... Id be happy with splitting the games, but with you guys' offense we will really be able to see what our D is made of. Im hoping AJ will still be watching from the sidelines when you come to TN...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read