Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2011   #241
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 267781 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: im done with schaub

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Why do you have blind allegiance to a single player like this?

Same college? High school? You're a relative of his?

I follow THE TEXANS. People who follow only a single player, and act like everything around the single player is faulty and holding back the single player is just bizarre.

Nobody can say anything critical of Matt Schaub without you crying.
Now you stop picking on Mrs. Schaub. That's just not right.
Old 09-25-2011   #242
Atl Cav
Veteran

Rep Power: 2751 Atl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Why do you have blind allegiance to a single player like this?

Same college? High school? You're a relative of his?

I follow THE TEXANS. People who follow only a single player, and act like everything around the single player is faulty and holding back the single player is just bizarre.

Nobody can say anything critical of Matt Schaub without you crying.
I am a fan of Matt, and of the Texans.

When a player produces hugely despite the glaring weaknesses of the team (defense) but continues to persevere, I am very supportive. This is called "crying" on here, I guess, but it is with good reason. All I have seen from most Texans fans on this forum is crying without reason - - Follishly blaming the few players who have delivered time after time.

But you are right.....Judging texans fans based on the sample on here is probably foolish. It is difficult in Atlanta to find anyone who wants to talk about Houston.
Old 09-25-2011   #243
Atl Cav
Veteran

Rep Power: 2751 Atl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Now you stop picking on Mrs. Schaub. That's just not right.
I have children, and I know when their logic fails them they become silly. I expected that much from you.
Old 09-25-2011   #244
80tothezone
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5079 80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't really

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
Old 09-25-2011   #245
80tothezone
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5079 80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected

ok I actually got off my phone and on my computer to post this..... WTF is wrong with all you people over reacting to 1 loss. I started reading the boards after the game and was reminded of the jackasses at my nephew's soccer game yelling at the kids acting like it's the world cup. If I take anything away from this game it is that we are a contender. We played 60 mins with one of the best teams in the NFL and had a shot at winning the game late. Our D showed a little crack and a player like brees will exploit that. The Texans played an excellent game today against a tough opponent in their house... They got some things to work on but ... it is week 3 so does everybody. Anyway back to the jackasses calling for schaub's head or mario or kube's head. Get a grip the Packers would have a tough time winning in NO...
Old 09-25-2011   #246
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atl Cav View Post
I am a fan of Matt, and of the Texans.

When a player produces hugely despite the glaring weaknesses of the team (defense) but continues to persevere, I am very supportive. This is called "crying" on here, I guess, but it is with good reason. All I have seen from most Texans fans on this forum is crying without reason - - Follishly blaming the few players who have delivered time after time.

But you are right.....Judging texans fans based on the sample on here is probably foolish. It is difficult in Atlanta to find anyone who wants to talk about Houston.
I'd say it's foolish for you to try and defend Matt Schaub and convert what you deem as "haters in here" (paraphrased).

When you start saying things like (paraphrased, again) "I wish Matt Schaub would go to a team whose defense could help Matt Schaub enjoy the victories he so richly deserves because his shit doesn't stink" you're going to zoom right off into weird-o territory. To me, that was the telling post you made. You are a Schaub fan FIRST, just say so and own it.
Old 09-26-2011   #247
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

This thread is dumb.
Old 09-26-2011   #248
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
This thread is dumb.
You're dumb if you don't have a Matt Schaub tattoo on your foreskin.

Now you're going to go out and get one just because you don't want to be ostracized from this thread. Loser.
Old 09-26-2011   #249
kwayshauntay
Veteran

Rep Power: 833 kwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respected

One of the first things that comes to mind when I hear the name "Matt Schaub":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we9_CdNPuJg
Old 09-26-2011   #250
panamamyers
Veteran

Rep Power: 1738 panamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respected

These same people that think Schaub does great are also the ones that would go to their grave thinking that David Carr was a great qb too and he just needed help.

Schaub would not start for very many teams around the league. Quit listening to 610 and being brainwashed into thinking that Schaub is some great qb. He's an average qb that can be your qb until you get a Super Bowl caliber qb, nothing more and nothing less.

Watch the game again yesterday and pretend like you are watching the Redskins and Dallas. Forget that it is Matt Schaub or that it is the Texans. Watch the one qb come unraveled and choke down the stretch while the other wins the game.

Doesn't matter if the Texans scored 55 points. The Saints kept coming and scored more. Green Bay had to score a lot to beat the Saints too, but guess what they kept scoring. They have a qb. We don't.
Old 09-26-2011   #251
taruky
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamamyers View Post
These same people that think Schaub does great are also the ones that would go to their grave thinking that David Carr was a great qb too and he just needed help.

Schaub would not start for very many teams around the league. Quit listening to 610 and being brainwashed into thinking that Schaub is some great qb. He's an average qb that can be your qb until you get a Super Bowl caliber qb, nothing more and nothing less.

Watch the game again yesterday and pretend like you are watching the Redskins and Dallas. Forget that it is Matt Schaub or that it is the Texans. Watch the one qb come unraveled and choke down the stretch while the other wins the game.

Doesn't matter if the Texans scored 55 points. The Saints kept coming and scored more. Green Bay had to score a lot to beat the Saints too, but guess what they kept scoring. They have a qb. We don't.
And you are basing this on conversations with all 30 GMs? Almost everything you put in this post is based on your emotion and not on facts.

Fact 1. Most experts put him on the next level of QBs after Manning, Brees, Brady, Rivers, and Rogers.

Fact 2. Schaub has many , MANY times led clutch drives in the 4th quarter. Losing because the opponent gets the ball back and scores doesn't mean he's not clutch.

Fact 3. Yesterday the Texans came back and scored to take the lead late in the 4th. It's not clear to me why you consider that a choke job. QBs never throw an INT in the 4th? Or is not scoring a TD with 2 min left in the Superdome a choke job?

Fact 4. The Texans are averaging 30 points a game. Apparently you believe they are a 40 point a game talent team and Schaub is holding them back. Sorry to burst your bubble, but they are not. Brees had tons of time and guys wide open on those last drives, Schaub did not.
Old 10-16-2011   #252
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 14238 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

i'm soryy but dude is nothing without AJ. he sucks. used to think he was above average but now convinced he sucks. alex smith is what 4-1? i cant stand this dude anymore. he will never be more than average. our D is solid and dude is out of excuses
Old 10-16-2011   #253
panamamyers
Veteran

Rep Power: 1738 panamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respected

If Schaub wasn't in such a great system with the greatest receiver of our time catching balls, he would be bottom ten in the league.
He's like Dante Culpepper, it was katy bar the door.
Old 10-16-2011   #254
TexansBlood
The CUSH!

Section: 140
Rep Power: 8759 TexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respected

No AJ on the field makes Shaub look lost out there. We suck.
Old 10-16-2011   #255
Textan
Veteran

Rep Power: 4035 Textan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respected

I have never had faith in Schaub's ability to lead this team effectively. He has no scrambling ability, panics when the slightest pressure is present, and throws way too many passes inaccurately. He runs like a sloth on tranquilizers.
Old 10-16-2011   #256
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 112249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

i mean he's so smart, hey lets burn 2 timeouts, hell we wont need them.
Old 10-16-2011   #257
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8871 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

You know the saddest part is he is not getting any better as he gets more experience. I know you lose some physical skills as you age but hopefully your experience makes up for this. I don't see that in Schaub. JMO
Old 10-16-2011   #258
playa465
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 17595 playa465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textan View Post
I have never had faith in Schaub's ability to lead this team effectively. He has no scrambling ability, panics when the slightest pressure is present, and throws way too many passes inaccurately. He runs like a sloth on tranquilizers.
LMAO...all we got for now, lets see how the year ends up
Old 10-16-2011   #259
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 10980 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

What's telling is that Schaub has failed to improve on any of his weaknesses since 2007. I would feel more comfortable with Schaub as the long term starter if I thought he was capable of progression, but it looks a lot like "what you see is what you get", lately. Schaub will never be good under pressure, will never have a "laser, rocket arm", will never be able to function with his AJ security blanket, and will never run a 40 in under 11 seconds. We either accept this or start looking toward the future. Kubiak and Rick Smith will likely have to go before the latter can begin.

Fitzpatrick is legit.
Old 10-16-2011   #260
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 14238 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I'm thinking.... I'm thinking.....

DUMBEST THREAD - EVAH!!
you still on the schaub wagon?
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read