Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2011   #221
Atl Cav
Veteran

Rep Power: 2751 Atl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: im done with schaub

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
all pro maybe but if he goes to a team without a hall of fame WR (AJ) and an all pro TE (OD) and a very good RB (Tate or Foster) he will only be a below average QB.
I 'll take that bet. You seem to have lost track of the fact that he has been one of the most prolific qb's in the nfl. It's the defense that has cost him several years of his career.

But that's OK....A fan base of years of losing wouldnt know a good qb if he looked them in the face.
Old 09-25-2011   #222
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185617 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atl Cav View Post
I 'll take that bet. You seem to have lost track of the fact that he has been one of the most prolific qb's in the nfl. It's the defense that has cost him several years of his career.

But that's OK....A fan base of years of losing wouldnt know a good qb if he looked them in the face.
Despite having an All World WR an All Pro TE and a good running game .... Schaub has lost more games than he has won.

So he's thrown for 4000 in back to back years ..... because they were so often behind and had to throw

Schaub's had a history of getting coming up short in the red zone ..... Today that bit them in the ass.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Old 09-25-2011   #223
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 14238 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

point is hes good but not great, didn't dre go to probowl with **** as his qb
Old 09-25-2011   #224
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I like Schaub especially for this team but he is prolific because his recievers catch passes not on target and that is on Matt. The D has cost him games but not sure how you mean cost him years?
Old 09-25-2011   #225
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
is it just me or did sanchez beat peyton then brady last year in the PLAYOFFS, not saying anything just saying
Yeh but Sanchez manages the game ok, but he isn't all that good, maybe above average, but no better than Schaub.

He also had 2 really good wide receivers splitting the coverage, Schaub has 1 in double coverage constantly. (not a knock on our decent depth at wr, just calling it as I see it)

He also has one of the top rated D's in this league.

I'd take Schaub over Sanchez, I'd take the Jet's D over last years Texans' D even quicker.
We will remember them.
Old 09-25-2011   #226
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 14238 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
Yeh but Sanchez manages the game ok, but he isn't all that good, maybe above average, but no better than Schaub.

He also had 2 really good wide receivers splitting the coverage, Schaub has 1 in double coverage constantly. (not a knock on our decent depth at wr, just calling it as I see it)

He also has one of the top rated D's in this league.

I'd take Schaub over Sanchez, I'd take the Jet's D over last years Texans' D even quicker.
so what about peytons and bradys D, sanchez is not on their level nor is their D on sanchez's, who is their wr that demands constant doubles? by the way sanchez is 4-2 on the road in the playoffs, matt 0-0
Old 09-25-2011   #227
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 57809 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
so what about peytons and bradys D, sanchez is not on their level nor is their D on sanchez's, who is their wr that demands constant doubles? by the way sanchez is 4-2 on the road in the playoffs, matt 0-0
Sanchez sucks but he is better than Schaub.

Old 09-25-2011   #228
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249442 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

The thing is, even the "perfect" QB's have bad days. We just don't see them because we're always watching the Texans. At most we see the highlights or we might watch the replay on NFLN if we care about that matchup or want to see "Mr. Perfect" screw the pooch for once. After it's over we forget about it mostly.

Schaub isn't a perfect QB. He's got problems. To say he doesn't is to watch the game through homer-vision goggles. His shortcomings are well known and just like almost every other team in the league we build our game plans around them while every defense in the league tries to exploit them.

Schaub's arm isn't exactly the ultimate weapon. Usually that's not an issue if the guy is terribly accurate. Schaub isn't. He's a streaky passer who threads needles sometimes and then throws one in the dirt or into the receivers back or ass. Schaub (like almost all QB's) is less effective when he's been smacked around a few times.

That's all pretty standard fare though. The real deal-breaker for most of us is that Schaub doesn't seem to be that vocal, "rallying point" leader-type. He's Gary only in uniform and throwing the ball as opposed to standing on the sidelines. As much as the players like him (just as they like Gary) they don't seem to be much in the way of inspired by him. Not one single guy on that team looks like he thinks Matt Schaub is going to throw all of them on his back and carry them to a win.

He's a good QB. Does what he's told, follows instructions and tries to execute the game plan. He's got most of the necessary tools to do the job. A lot of teams would like to have Matt Schaub starting for them. Unfortunately none of those teams are better than we are. That's a simple fact. You look at teams that are considered contenders in the AFC and all of them would say "Thanks but we'll stand pat" if you tried to swap them yours for theirs. New England wouldn't part with Brady nor would San Diego part with Rivers. Indianapolis wouldn't part with Manning and Pittsburgh wouldn't swap you for Big Ben. Likewise Baltimore wouldn't trade you Flacco. I question whether Buffalo would part with Fitzpatrick right now either. Jason Campbell in Oakland finally seems to be getting his legs under him as well. Statistically he's not in this discussion but he's not costing them games and sometimes that's all you want out of your QB.

The Jets would laugh if you tried to swap them Schaub for Sanchez.

You may think he's better than some of those guys but do you really think they would want Matt Schaub over their guy?

So in the AFC if you rule out those teams that appear (right now) to be headed for the post-season that leaves.

Jacksonville - Gabbert
Cincinnati - Dalton
Miami - Henne
Cleveland - McCoy
Denver - Orton
Tennessee - Hasselbeck
Kansas City - Cassell
Indianapolis - Collins

Over the hill guys and wet-behind the ears newcomers make up most of that list. Good company to be in. That's the hill that Matt Schaub is the king of right now and some of those younger guys might be surpassing him in the coming years.

There's a reason Gary Kubiak is always looking under rocks and sifting through the latter rounds for an overlooked QB prospect. Matt Schaub is exactly what he appears to be and that is a guy who is as coached up as he's ever gonna get.

And I like Matt Schaub. Don't think for a second that I don't like him. We need to upgrade that position though.
Old 09-25-2011   #229
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101421 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
The thing is, even the "perfect" QB's have bad days. We just don't see them because we're always watching the Texans. At most we see the highlights or we might watch the replay on NFLN if we care about that matchup or want to see "Mr. Perfect" screw the pooch for once. After it's over we forget about it mostly.

Schaub isn't a perfect QB. He's got problems. To say he doesn't is to watch the game through homer-vision goggles. His shortcomings are well known and just like almost every other team in the league we build our game plans around them while every defense in the league tries to exploit them.

Schaub's arm isn't exactly the ultimate weapon. Usually that's not an issue if the guy is terribly accurate. Schaub isn't. He's a streaky passer who threads needles sometimes and then throws one in the dirt or into the receivers back or ass. Schaub (like almost all QB's) is less effective when he's been smacked around a few times.

That's all pretty standard fare though. The real deal-breaker for most of us is that Schaub doesn't seem to be that vocal, "rallying point" leader-type. He's Gary only in uniform and throwing the ball as opposed to standing on the sidelines. As much as the players like him (just as they like Gary) they don't seem to be much in the way of inspired by him. Not one single guy on that team looks like he thinks Matt Schaub is going to throw all of them on his back and carry them to a win.

He's a good QB. Does what he's told, follows instructions and tries to execute the game plan. He's got most of the necessary tools to do the job. A lot of teams would like to have Matt Schaub starting for them. Unfortunately none of those teams are better than we are. That's a simple fact. You look at teams that are considered contenders in the AFC and all of them would say "Thanks but we'll stand pat" if you tried to swap them yours for theirs. New England wouldn't part with Brady nor would San Diego part with Rivers. Indianapolis wouldn't part with Manning and Pittsburgh wouldn't swap you for Big Ben. Likewise Baltimore wouldn't trade you Flacco. I question whether Buffalo would part with Fitzpatrick right now either. Jason Campbell in Oakland finally seems to be getting his legs under him as well. Statistically he's not in this discussion but he's not costing them games and sometimes that's all you want out of your QB.

You may think he's better than some of those guys but do you really think they would want Matt Schaub over their guy?

So in the AFC if you rule out those teams that appear (right now) to be headed for the post-season that leaves.

Jacksonville - Gabbert
Cincinnati - Dalton
Miami - Henne
Cleveland - McCoy
Denver - Orton
Tennessee - Hasselbeck
Kansas City - Cassell
Indianapolis - Collins

Over the hill guys and wet-behind the ears newcomers make up most of that list. Good company to be in. That's the hill that Matt Schaub is the king of right now and some of those younger guys might be surpassing him in the coming years.

There's a reason Gary Kubiak is always looking under rocks and sifting through the latter rounds for an overlooked QB prospect. Matt Schaub is exactly what he appears to be and that is a guy who is as coached up as he's ever gonna get.

And I like Matt Schaub. Don't think for a second that I don't like him. We need to upgrade that position though.
i dont know if i agree with this. You give us a number 1 defense and we wont always have to rely on Schaub to make a play. Sanchez is terrible only reason he has any success is cause they have always had a good Defense. Give Schaub a top 10 D and we wont be having this conversation.
Old 09-25-2011   #230
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249442 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
i dont know if i agree with this. You give us a number 1 defense and we wont always have to rely on Schaub to make a play. Sanchez is terrible only reason he has any success is cause they have always had a good Defense. Give Schaub a top 10 D and we wont be having this conversation.
You know, in a more extreme example of the same thing if you give David Carr a league leading rusher, a bunch of Pro-Bowl linemen, and some HOF receivers as well as a top 10 defense then he'd be "leading" us to the playoffs right now.

At some point you have to look at the entire team objectively and ask the question "Is the talent we've stacked around him hiding the fact that our franchise QB really isn't a franchise QB?"

I'm not kidding when I say I like Matt Schaub but I'm not infatuated with his spooky-magic QB skills. He's good, not great. He's replaceable and we might just find that if we could upgrade the QB position we might get a few more wins. Maybe spend a little less time watching Matt on the sideline looking like "Oh shit, this is happening again isn't it".
Old 09-25-2011   #231
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 214275 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Jacksonville - Gabbert
Cincinnati - Dalton
Miami - Henne
Cleveland - McCoy
Denver - Orton
Tennessee - Hasselbeck
Kansas City - Cassell
Indianapolis - Collins

must spread rep...
Great summary. Couldn't have said it better meself.
Old 09-25-2011   #232
Atl Cav
Veteran

Rep Power: 2751 Atl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respected

Sanchez is a great example. Thanks for bringing him up. Today he has a great game (one of his best) and the Jets lose. Why? Their usually vaunted defense gives up 34 to the Raiders. This was a WEEKLY occurence for Matt in Houston. See how long you think Sanchez is top-notch, or how long the Jets fans love Sanchez, if the defense keeps playing like that.
Old 09-25-2011   #233
Atl Cav
Veteran

Quote:
You know, in a more extreme example of the same thing if you give David Carr a league leading rusher, a bunch of Pro-Bowl linemen, and some HOF receivers as well as a top 10 defense then he'd be "leading" us to the playoffs right now.

At some point you have to look at the entire team objectively and ask the question "Is the talent we've stacked around him hiding the fact that our franchise QB really isn't a franchise QB?"

I'm not kidding when I say I like Matt Schaub but I'm not infatuated with his spooky-magic QB skills. He's good, not great. He's replaceable and we might just find that if we could upgrade the QB position we might get a few more wins. Maybe spend a little less time watching Matt on the sideline looking like "Oh shit, this is happening again isn't it".
I see. So this was a "TOP 10" defensive performance today? Maybe you need to look objectively. eh?
Old 09-25-2011   #234
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Quote:
I see. So this was a "TOP 10" defensive performance today? Maybe you need to look objectively. eh?
I'm talking about things Matt Schaub does and has been doing for years. You're taking about today I guess.

But if you want to talk about today the defense was lights out in the first quarter and quite good in the first half. They didn't keep Matt & the Texans offense out of the endzone and settling for FG's today. That was the Saints defense and they aren't "TOP 10" either. They just somehow managed to come up with a bunch of red zone stops. Wonder how they did that?
Old 09-25-2011   #235
Atl Cav
Veteran

Quote:
I'm talking about things Matt Schaub does and has been doing for years. You're taking about today I guess.
Oh...Ok.....You are right. So I guess the Texans have had a "Top 10" defense for years?
Old 09-25-2011   #236
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Quote:
Oh...Ok.....You are right. So I guess the Texans have had a "Top 10" defense for years?
You need to learn how to read. When you can follow a conversation I'll continue talking to you.
Old 09-25-2011   #237
Atl Cav
Veteran

Quote:
You need to learn how to read. When you can follow a conversation I'll continue talking to you.
Sorry I made your point look foolish.

Give Matt a Top 10 defense for the last few years and he would be paid a lot more money than has been paid.

When you can make a point worth following I will continue talking to you, OK?
Old 09-25-2011   #238
80tothezone
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5079 80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
always underthrows balls down field, throws a pick to a DT on a screen (how does that happen), then skips a ball to a guy 8 yards away. goodbye kubes, schaub, rick smith, and frank bush.
Dude go whine to yo mama.... matt pl a greatame so did the rest of the team .... ya just can't give a team like NO a crack, which we did. GB SCHAUB KUBES TATE AJ

Sentssxx from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
Old 09-25-2011   #239
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

This forum is hilarious. We lost the game but it wasn't because of Matt. We gave up 40 points against a really good team. 33 points should win against anybody and we let receivers run wild in the 2nd half. I love how some people just don't know football.
Old 09-25-2011   #240
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Sorry I made your point look foolish.

Give Matt a Top 10 defense for the last few years and he would be paid a lot more money than has been paid.

When you can make a point worth following I will continue talking to you, OK?
Why do you have blind allegiance to a single player like this?

Same college? High school? You're a relative of his?

I follow THE TEXANS. People who follow only a single player, and act like everything around the single player is faulty and holding back the single player is just bizarre.

Nobody can say anything critical of Matt Schaub without you crying.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read