Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2010   #181
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19489 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: im done with schaub

Holy crap, I think I'll take another week break from the mb. It's okay to be frustrated, we all are, but how about some perspective.

Yes, yes, let's run Schaub out of town, that'll fix the fact we need 3 cornerbacks, a free safety, and a new coaching staff.

Didn't even Trent Dilfer win a Superbowl?

Matt Schaub is light years better than that guy and a good QB.
Old 12-03-2010   #182
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 222056 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I'm thinking.... I'm thinking.....

DUMBEST THREAD - EVAH!!
I don't know about evah but certainly in the elite category so I'm right there with you Bill.
Old 12-03-2010   #183
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

How was last night a terrible game? He threw for millions of yards, under lots of heat, and gave us a chance to win. He completed 61% of his passes and had an average of 9 YPA. And came back after getting smoked multiple times. He fed Andre the Giant, connected with 8 different receivers. Yes, it would've been nice if he didn't throw a pick and had a fumble, but, it also would've been nice if we could've stopped a 3rd and 19.

Schaub is not an elite QB, but you're going to be chasing one of those for a long time if you run every decent QB out of town because he's not throwing for 4 gazillion yards a season.
Old 12-03-2010   #184
kiwitexansfan
Let's Mock!!!!!

Rep Power: 43261 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I'm done with Schaub.

Can someone fix the spelling/grammar of the thread title, it bothers me.

Old 12-03-2010   #185
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I don't know about evah but certainly in the elite category so I'm right there with you Bill.

You're right. Given your and my longtime history on TT, we have seen dumber threads. That said this is certainly worthy of HOF consideration.
Old 12-03-2010   #186
80tothezone
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5078 80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Schaub is much better than Carr.

That said, he is not an elite QB. Not even close.

He is good enough to win with if you field a defense that takes pressure off of him. The defense doesn't have to be tops in the leauge, but a defense that atleast consistenly caused turnovers and not giving up TD's left and right would help out a lot.
I would even take a defense that held the other team to field goals. I still say put 11 in the box for the rest of the season maybe one of the other team's receivers might trip and fall on the way to the endzone ore something. Got about as good a chance of that happening as them actually getting a stop
Old 12-03-2010   #187
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 33104 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Constantly killing drives with his stupid mistakes while throwing for 18 touchdowns and 9 interceptions and 3000+ yards. This line of thinking is ridiculous and the fact that you want to replace him with himself (Sorry, Kolb's arm might be better in your head, but it has yet to proven consistently on the field since KEVIN KOLB CAN'T KEEP A STARTERS JOB). People talk about ball protection, Kolb certainly doesn't do that. You talk about "clutchness" and "being a winner" and Kolb is no more of a winner or is no more clutchy than Schaub is. If we are going to get rid of our QB it better be for an upgrade and not a ****ing lateral move.

Here's an idea from the same train of logic: Lets fire Frank Bush and hire Richard Smith as a DC. This can't go wrong can it?
Has Kevin Kolb even got a fair shake to start? He lost his job for 2 reasons, injury and Andy Reid loving running QBs. Kid hasn't even got a fair chance to remain a starter in the league. He has had a handful of game sand has done fairly well so this line of thinking isn't ridiculous as you so eloquently stated, it is just upgrading to a younger product of what you have. If you had a TV that you liked and it was pretty good then died after 5 years, wouldn't you want the same model but newer and upgraded? no different in what I was purposing...

I'll backtrack a bit and say I do like Schaub, I just cannot stand the stupid mistakes and the under thrown balls and skipping that kill drives. Nothing wrong with replacing him with a b younger version with a better arm. I haven't seen enough of Kolb, other than in college, to say he makes the same stupid mistakes Schaub seems to consistently make...

and your stupid comment about Frank Bush and Richard Smith isn't even in the same f'ing ballpark. Trading crappy for *hitty isn't what I was going for. Trading serviceable for serviceable who is younger and has a better arm is more the path, but nice try...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
Old 12-03-2010   #188
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
Has Kevin Kolb even got a fair shake to start? He lost his job for 2 reasons, injury and Andy Reid loving running QBs. Kid hasn't even got a fair chance to remain a starter in the league. He has had a handful of game sand has done fairly well so this line of thinking isn't ridiculous as you so eloquently stated, it is just upgrading to a younger product of what you have. If you had a TV that you liked and it was pretty good then died after 5 years, wouldn't you want the same model but newer and upgraded? no different in what I was purposing...

I'll backtrack a bit and say I do like Schaub, I just cannot stand the stupid mistakes and the under thrown balls and skipping that kill drives. Nothing wrong with replacing him with a b younger version with a better arm. I haven't seen enough of Kolb, other than in college, to say he makes the same stupid mistakes Schaub seems to consistently make...

and your stupid comment about Frank Bush and Richard Smith isn't even in the same f'ing ballpark. Trading crappy for *hitty isn't what I was going for. Trading serviceable for serviceable who is younger and has a better arm is more the path, but nice try...
Hmmm, gets injured, been in the league as a backup for a few years, hasn't really shown much. Okay, so he's not Matt Schaub then who is he? Sorry, but Matt Schaub is a better version of Kolb because he can actually hold down a starters job until proven otherwise. And yes, the analogy totally applies in reference to Smith = Bush Kolb = Schaub with one caveat, we already know that Schaub can do perfectly fine as a starter on an NFL team and Kolb is a complete toss-up.

Also, when the hell did we start comparing QB's to tv's? Has Schaub died on us or something? No? What do you mean he's on pace for 2:1 TD's:INT's? Over 3000 yards passing again? Mid 60's completion percentage? Yeah, sure sounds broken to me, we should totally do a trade in.

Look, if we had a guy who was actively ****ing up our games week in and week out, sure I'd be totally on board with getting rid of Matt. But we don't, and he's not. You guys are missing the gigantic elephant in the room which almost all of our offseason moves should be about upgrading, and that's the goddamned defense. I'm tired of listening to people who are supposed perfectionists completely ignore a historically bad defense and point to a ****ing QB who for all intents and purposes is having another fine year, even if he is playing from behind in 9/10ths of the games on the schedule.

Finally, if Kolb is in the league for 4 years, and has "never gotten his fair shake" then that probably means he sucks. How does he suck? I don't know, decision making, accuracy, injuries, whatever. At least with Schaub when we traded for him he didn't have this unique history of sitting out games due to injury, we got to experience that.

Again, talking about replacing Schaub is just misplaced anger that should be directed at the mother****ing coaching staff and the ******* personnel on the defense. Matt Schaub is not the ****ing problem here, and neither is most of the offense except for Jones, Walter and OD all falling off a cliff. But even with those listed woes Schaub is still running the offense, doing it pretty efficiently, oh and he has to contend with Frank Bush's Pee-Wee defense playing the opposite side of the ball.

Thankfully enough, we aren't getting rid of Schaub this offseason, and we damn sure aren't trading him for Kevin ****ing Kolb. So that is just a fantasy that's going to live in your, and pretty much yours alone, head. My fantasies have more to do with Chasey Laine, a bottle of uppers, and glow in the dark body paint, but hey, to each their own.
Old 12-03-2010   #189
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 25261 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Gosh Bong! Don't beat around the bush. Tell us how you really feel about the absurd notion that Schaub is the problem!
Old 12-03-2010   #190
97roc
Veteran

Rep Power: 139 97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post

You're right. Given your and my longtime history on TT, we have seen dumber threads. That said this is certainly worthy of HOF consideration.
Hello, I am 97roc, and I am a rookie. I am just wondering, what thread would be considered the dumbest thread - evah?
Old 12-03-2010   #191
b0ng
Ooops

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97roc View Post
Hello, I am 97roc, and I am a rookie. I am just wondering, what thread would be considered the dumbest thread - evah?
I think there's a couple of Reggie Bush > Mario Williams threads that got started like this past off-season or something ridiculous like that.

I'm sure there are also a few threads dedicated to David Carr that have some hilarious posts in them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Gosh Bong! Don't beat around the bush. Tell us how you really feel about the absurd notion that Schaub is the problem!
The amount of *'s in the post is directly proportional to how awesome it is.
Old 12-03-2010   #192
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4640 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97roc View Post
I have been here since the start. Some might say since the start of time, but I digress. This thread is epic in it's utter stupidity. Might others be worse ....... well, that's a bit like art, it's in the eye of the beholder, but this is an epic failure of coherent thought.

De Oppresso Liber
Old 12-03-2010   #193
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57907 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

aaaaa.... SCHAUB IS NOT THE PROBLEM HERE....THE JAGUARS ARE LEADING THE DIVISION WITH DAVID ****ING GARRARD!

END OF THREAD.

You can win with a QB the caliber of Matt Schaub.....you can't win with a defense as bad as ours and a QB the caliber of Matt Schaub.
Old 12-04-2010   #194
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 112650 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
aaaaa.... SCHAUB IS NOT THE PROBLEM HERE....THE JAGUARS ARE LEADING THE DIVISION WITH DAVID ****ING GARRARD!

END OF THREAD.

You can win with a QB the caliber of Matt Schaub.....you can't win with a defense as bad as ours and a QB the caliber of Matt Schaub.
I cannot believe there are ten pages discussing a non-issue.

The defense's inability to hold a lead once the offense gives them one is the problem here. Unless these trolls - and they HAVE to be trolls to ignore the obvious - are that lacking in observational ability or football knowledge.

Let's review shall we...
San Diego - Schaub and the offense had the Texans up 23-14 before the defense gave up 15 2nd half points to give up the lead. He was marching the team to a possible go-ahead score when A.J., uncharacteristically, let one bounce off his hands into the waiting arms of the SD safety. Did I mention he put up these points on the league's best defense?

Jaguars - Matched the Jag offense point for point to a 24-all 4th qtr tie only to watch the d give up the losing TD with 8 seconds left.

Jets - Schaub and the offense put up 20 4th qtr points (against a Rex Ryan defense who knew we had to throw) to bring us back from being down 23-7 to grab the lead. Only to watch our d give up the losing TD with 45 seconds left.

Eagles - Schaub and the offense brought the team back from 20-3 down to take the lead 24-20. The defense couldn't stop Vick from putting up 14 straight 4th qtr pts and hold that lead.

Yeah... Schaub is definitely the problem here. He has shown no ability to bring the team back from behind.
NOT!

yeah, these folks HAVE to be trolls, posting this ridiculousness to get our goat.

...okay, now End of Thread.
Old 12-04-2010   #195
sbalderrama
Rookie

Rep Power: 95 sbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respected

and lets not forget that our "slow starting" offense wouldn't look nearly that bad if the defense wasn't allowing the opponents points on nearly every drive.
Old 12-04-2010   #196
corytx8
Veteran

Rep Power: 3622 corytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respected

mods, i not only recommend locking this thread, but i recommend deleting it too.
Old 09-25-2011   #197
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7106 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

i just dont see it with this guy, above average but not elite. there probably 22 teams in this league that will take him but 10 that have better, we can't beat the better
Old 09-25-2011   #198
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
i just dont see it with this guy, above average but not elite. there probably 22 teams in this league that will take him but 10 that have better, we can't beat the better
So when are you unveiling your plan to acquire one of these 10 people?
Old 09-25-2011   #199
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 9843 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

So your saying is in the top half of the NFL at QB and you don't want him

Logic = fail
Old 09-25-2011   #200
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7106 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
So your saying is in the top half of the NFL at QB and you don't want him

Logic = fail
so will take him over sanchez, big ben, brady, flacco, brees, rodgers etc
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read