Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-02-2005   #21
bayoudreamn
Veteran

Rep Power: 2722 bayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respected

People say it's the qb, running bac,wr, o-line....but the oc gets fired and the team has a chance later than 5 mins. after the game began. Have you seen the irish play since TD Charlie took the helm? Coaching is underrated. A good coach can make a mediocre team good....even great. I saw more effort and less confusion today than I've seen this year from the Texans. I'll wait another week before I jump on the whiners wagon.
bayoudreamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #22
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8733 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoudreamn
People say it's the qb, running bac,wr, o-line....but the oc gets fired and the team has a chance later than 5 mins. after the game began. Have you seen the irish play since TD Charlie took the helm? Coaching is underrated. A good coach can make a mediocre team good....even great. I saw more effort and less confusion today than I've seen this year from the Texans. I'll wait another week before I jump on the whiners wagon.

good post.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #23
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
I bet nobody would get mad at a hail mary with no time on the clock. Just a hunch.
I have a hunch that Wonger would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #24
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

For some strange reason and I think I heard this right Steve McKinney was the "player of the game" on 610's after game show. Can't figure that one out.

David is on par to get sacked more this year than he was the year they set the record.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #25
Mr. Old School
Rookie

Default McKinney Player of the Game?

This must be a political call by Sports Radio 610 AM. He's a guest on their airwaves every Tuesday morning. Gotta love 'em!
Mr. Old School is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #26
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Yea I guess so. Although I can't imagine anybody just stopping everything they're doing to listen to McKinney....I'm not saying he's boring but he's just not a high profile player so I don't get why he has his own radio show.

I hope I was just dreaming because I had the radio down kind of low but if you have your QB sacked 7 times and one of your O lineman is the "player of the game"...well that means that award is a joke.

Give it to the guy that scored the TD or the kicker or something.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #27
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food

Carr made the passes, not Capers. DD was the outlet on these plays and Carr made the mistake by throwing to him.
Why is there an outlet guy if your not supposed to throw it to him? Leave him in to block or run downfield. ****** decision to throw it to him, but a sack is just as bad, if you leave DD in to block, you might have a chance to complete downfield. Anyway, you guys are complaning that we didnt go 80 yds in 55 sec with no timeouts... give me a break.

The one main thing i am concerned with offensivley is that we did not throw it deep once, hte whole game. We have a guy beeing doubled allthe time, someone is single covered! Either our guys cant beat single coverage, or the coaching staff dosnt trust Carr...

Oh, one more thing. On the first drive O'Neil tried to jump a route and get an interception, yet not once did we try to fake a short route and than go deep. IT seems we are not trying to take advantage of other teams weaknesses like they are of ours.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read