Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 09-17-2011   #1
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default It's official: GP and Mrs. GP will be at the Raiders game

A dream come true: My first "live" Texas game. Ever. And my wife is going to be there, too. We'll be arriving Friday night, and hopefully finding some of you guys in the tailgate area Sunday morning.

I figure if there was one game at Reliant that we should definitely win, it would be the Raiders game. We're in Section 353, didn't have very many options for the amount we wanted to pay. We felt 353 put us up high enough to look down on the field and see from one end to the other.

We'll have a rental car that weekend, and catching a flight out Sunday night. Any tips for parking? We want to be able to get out of there FAST and get to Hobby Airport as quickly as we can. About how long does it take to get out of Reliant if we stayed for the whole game? And I hear Hobby Airport is not too far from the stadium, right?
Old 09-17-2011   #2
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20599 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: It's official: GP and Mrs. GP will be at the Raiders game

Hobby isn't that far at all, maybe 30 minutes at the most. Where are you staying? Several hotels in the area have shuttles that will drop you off.

If you get into the yellow lot, we'd love to have you come by TLT!

Enjoy the game buddy
Old 09-17-2011   #3
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

What time is your flight out? Traffic can be terrible so you will need to do some planning. IF you have a late flight out of Hobby you should be fine and stay until the end of the game. Just depends!

Would love to meet you and the Mrs GP! Several members of this board are members of the Blue Crew, so come on by and pay us a visit! We're easy to find and a short walk to Reliant from the South side. We'll give ya more info closer to the game.

Let me warn ya! Regardless of our nine year record, being inside Reliant and seeing our "boys" LIVE is addicting! Your gonna be making plans to come back ASAP after your visit!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011   #4
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84496 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Traffic is terrible leaving. But if you park at one of the pay lots by the Holiday Inn you can miss alot of the traffic.

PM me with contact info, we would love to have you join our tailgate.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011   #5
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Big "Thank You" to everyone who has replied thus far. We're staying at the Hilton Garden Inn near Reliant.

I will try to make it by as many tailgating spots as I can!

Thanks for the tip about parking a bit away, steelB.

This is where you all "cringe" at what I'm saying next...our flight leaves at 6 p.m. (The latest flight out that day), but we're taking carry-on bags only, so there'll be no checking of luggage. This is why we have to plan our get-away VERY well! I think we'll be OK.

Will talk more with everyone when the game is nearer.
Old 09-18-2011   #6
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98311 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
A dream come true: My first "live" Texas game. Ever. And my wife is going to be there, too. We'll be arriving Friday night, and hopefully finding some of you guys in the tailgate area Sunday morning.

I figure if there was one game at Reliant that we should definitely win, it would be the Raiders game. We're in Section 353, didn't have very many options for the amount we wanted to pay. We felt 353 put us up high enough to look down on the field and see from one end to the other.

We'll have a rental car that weekend, and catching a flight out Sunday night. Any tips for parking? We want to be able to get out of there FAST and get to Hobby Airport as quickly as we can. About how long does it take to get out of Reliant if we stayed for the whole game? And I hear Hobby Airport is not too far from the stadium, right?
Hey G.P. Be sure not to wear F&%K the 49ers! T-shirt.

j/k

have a good time.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 245830 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
...our flight leaves at 6 p.m. (The latest flight out that day), but we're taking carry-on bags only, so there'll be no checking of luggage. This is why we have to plan our get-away VERY well! I think we'll be OK.
I'm in 609 & park in the Orange lot. It takes me 30 minutes to get back to my car. It's never taken me more than 30 minutes to get out. So you should be out of Reliant around 4, headed South.

I don't know how much time would be added if you're taking the shuttle to a lot away from Reliant. But Hobby is 30 minutes or less from the stadium. You should make 6:00 pm easy. If you get through check in pretty quick you should be alright.
Old 09-19-2011   #8
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'm in 609 & park in the Orange lot. It takes me 30 minutes to get back to my car. It's never taken me more than 30 minutes to get out. So you should be out of Reliant around 4, headed South.

I don't know how much time would be added if you're taking the shuttle to a lot away from Reliant. But Hobby is 30 minutes or less from the stadium. You should make 6:00 pm easy. If you get through check in pretty quick you should be alright.
Good info, TK. Thanks.

Tell me where the best tailgating food is located. Do you frequent any areas? What is good tailgating etiquette too? I mean, do I bring cash and pitch into the jar...or do I bring my own food...or beg for a freebie off someone's grill?
Old 09-19-2011   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 245830 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Good info, TK. Thanks.

Tell me where the best tailgating food is located. Do you frequent any areas? What is good tailgating etiquette too? I mean, do I bring cash and pitch into the jar...or do I bring my own food...or beg for a freebie off someone's grill?
I'm 2 hours away from Houston with a wife & 3 kids.... I don't ever get there early enough to tailgate. I get there early enough to get to my seat before kick-off, then it's time to head back home.
Old 09-19-2011   #10
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

GP,

We sit in section 353, row J seats 12-16. Make sure and find me. You will be very pleased with your seats and the view.

Also, you are welcome to tailgate with the Blue Crew. Maps showing the area will get posted later.

You can pay $20 and park at the Holiday Inn on the 610 loop at Kirby. It is a quick and easy out from there. Hobby is a 25 minute drive and a fairly quiet airport, so arriving at 5 is plenty of time for a 6 pm flight. You should have no problem staying for the end of the game.
Old 09-19-2011   #11
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 120726 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Good info, TK. Thanks.

Honestly, there's good food (and drink) to be had in every lot. The larger professional setups usually charge a cover. As SheTexan already pointed out, you're invited to join us in the Blue Crew, we don't charge visitors, and we've rarely run out of food!
Old 09-19-2011   #12
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Blue Crew treats their brethen RIGHT. There are NO message board disagreements at the tailgate so I feel safe, secure. Just nothing but good food, unforgettable friendships, and amazing fun. TexanDavid, Ted_C, Joe_Texan, SheTexan, Yankee and his Lindsay are easily the most welcoming of the bunch.. sooooo welcoming that we have a group picture in our family album. There are great tailgates out there but nobody can imitate the love and respect that Blue Crew has.

Blue Crew. FTW.
Old 09-19-2011   #13
BullPenPhotos
Veteran

Rep Power: 36624 BullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Also, you are welcome to tailgate with the Blue Crew. Maps showing the area will get posted later.

Try my All Purpose Spice Mix
Andys-Spice-Mix.com
BullPenPhotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011   #14
GP 
Go Texans!

Oh wow! Thanks to all you guys in the Blue Lot Crew for posting all that information!!! That was awesome.

I showed my wife the posts, and she was thrilled to know that Section 353 has a good view, that parking at the Holiday Inn gives us an easier out, and that we now have a detailed map to find you guys!

Very happy man right now. Thank you so much!

EDIT: I went a d rep'd all of you for it. Tried to hit TK, but I had to spread some around...which I hit him last on the list and figured he'd get a taste of sweet rep from my keyboard of awesomeness, but oh well.
Old 09-23-2011   #15
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Glad to see you're coming to a game bro. Wish I could have seen this a little earlier. I gave my tickets to this game to a customer.(stupid weddings) It would have been cool to share them with a fellow diehard.

There isn't a bad seat in the house though. Yall have fun and scream loud so they don't miss me!
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011   #16
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
Glad to see you're coming to a game bro. Wish I could have seen this a little earlier. I gave my tickets to this game to a customer.(stupid weddings) It would have been cool to share them with a fellow diehard.

There isn't a bad seat in the house though. Yall have fun and scream loud so they don't miss me!
Will do, Shaft75. And thanks for saying you would have helped me out with tickets. Next time, I'll announce prior to buying from NFL Ticket Exchange, and see if anybody here has tix to unload.
Old 09-25-2011   #17
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Will do, Shaft75. And thanks for saying you would have helped me out with tickets. Next time, I'll announce prior to buying from NFL Ticket Exchange, and see if anybody here has tix to unload.
You missed out!! He sits in the front row of the endzone!!
Old 09-25-2011   #18
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
You missed out!! He sits in the front row of the endzone!!
Son of a.........

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read