Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 09-18-2011   #61
Ckw

Default Re: The "Who should I start" thread

Wahoo!!!!! TD for OD!!
Old 09-18-2011   #62
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw View Post
Wahoo!!!!! TD for OD!!
He's looking pretty good. We'll see how many targets he gets once the Texans have a 3 score lead...
Old 09-18-2011   #63
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
He's looking pretty good. We'll see how many targets he gets once the Texans have a 3 score lead...
Oh I still wish I had started Hernandez and probably will from now on. But I am happy to get the points. At least OD isn't putting together another crapper like he did last week.
Old 09-19-2011   #64
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

So here's the deal with the Texans TE versus the Pats TE. The Texans had at most a two score lead during the entire game, but still needed to produce every time the offense got the ball. The Pats at best had a 14 point lead during the game, which means they needed to keep producing as well. In the end, Brady had 40 pass attempts to Schaub's 29, but the Texans had 36 rush attempts to the Pats 24. This is what I mean by a run-first team, which is what the Texans have become. Schaub's probably not going to throw 550 times this year, and that's a good thing for Texan fans, but not fantasy owners.

Individually, Hernendez caught 7 of 8 passes for 67 yards and a TD. OD caught 3 of 5 for 25 and a TD. OD was the second most targeted player on the Texans yesterday, whereas Hernendez was the third behind Welker and Branch. It may come down to playing matchups each week, but I see Hernendez as the guy with more upside going forward. He's going to get a lot more chances to make plays than OD.
Old 09-20-2011   #65
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 46441 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Oh I still wish I had started Hernandez and probably will from now on. But I am happy to get the points. At least OD isn't putting together another crapper like he did last week.
Not so fast, Hernandez could be out for up to 6 weeks.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/NFL/...aron-Hernandez

Most people are thinking this is going to help Gronkowski's value but I'm not so sure. He was already the number 1 TE in FF (in my league at least) and it's not like they share time in the same role. They were often on the field at the same time and I've seen them line them both up all over the place. Now I'm not saying that this is going to hurt Gronkowski's value, just that it may not help as much as some are projecting.
Old 09-20-2011   #66
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Bah, Gronkowski is owned in all of my leagues. I'm gonna roll with Fred Davis at TE for a few of them.
Old 09-23-2011   #67
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Having a hard time choosing between Fred Jackson and James Starks for my WR/RB position. Leaning towards Starks since Jackson is going up against New England's D.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011   #68
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Having a hard time choosing between Fred Jackson and James Starks for my WR/RB position. Leaning towards Starks since Jackson is going up against New England's D.
Jackson leads the league in rushing so far and the Pat's D isn't much to worry about. I'm starting Jackson as my flex in one of my leagues behind Ray Rice and Michael Turner. Wish I had him in other leagues though...
Old 09-23-2011   #69
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 134301 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Fred Jackson ftw

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011   #70
Ckw

Should I pick up Gronkowski? I have OD and Hernandez but Hernandez is out.

Too many guys I want to pick up. Let me list my team, and I'd appreciate it if you guys would help me decide if I should drop anyone to pick up someone.

QB: Roesthlisberger, Flacco
RB: McCoy, McFadden, Bradshaw, Michael Bush, Reggie Bush, Ladainian Tomlinson, Darren Sproles
WR: Larry Fitzgerald, Mike Williams, Santana Moss, Eric Decker
TE: Owen Daniels, Aaron Hernandez (on IR)
D/ST: Philadelphia Eagles
K: Janikowski

Guys I want to maybe pickup are Gronkowski and Denarius Moore. What should I do?
Old 09-23-2011   #71
Ckw

Quote:
Jackson
Old 09-23-2011   #72
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 134301 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Too many guys I want to pick up. Let me list my team, and I'd appreciate it if you guys would help me decide if I should drop anyone to pick up someone.

RB: McCoy, McFadden, Bradshaw, Michael Bush, Reggie Bush, Ladainian Tomlinson, Darren Sproles

Guys I want to maybe pickup are Gronkowski and Denarius Moore. What should I do?
It depends on who you like more, Decker or Moore. Either that, or dump one of your mediocre backs (depends on how many RB's can start in your league). I'd only use one slot for on a pure spec/upside player. If you think Daniels will produce I wouldn't make a move on Gronkowski. If you think he will continue to be Clark Kent, I'd make a move. Otherwise, start OD and you will have Hernandez in reserve for the playoffs. Dump Hernandez now and someone who needs a te will likely pick him up.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011   #73
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:

Not yes, but HELL YES! If Gronkowski was available in any league I'm in, I would have nabbed him and had him starting. Flex even if I had another awesome TE. Gotta go with the guy on a hot streak and increased looks from AH being out.
Old 09-24-2011   #74
ultimatepaki
Rookie

qb: matt schaub or kevin kolb (right now i'm going with schaub this week, but I'm seeing so many of these 'experts' picking schaub to have a pedestrian game bc he'll be blitzed too much. also other experts are saying that kolb is gonna have a monster game against seattles weak pass D)
rb: chris johnson, matt forte
wr: vincent jackson, stevie johnson
tight end: dustin keller
flex: fred jackson
kicker: john kasay
defense: chargers

on bench: i have mike williams (tampa) who I've been debating to play instead of fjax. also have few other players who won't sniff my starting lineup.

I'm hoping for a big day from schaub.
ultimatepaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011   #75
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 46441 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I don't care who you have to drop, pick up Gronkowski. How is the #1 TE in the league a free agent?
Old 09-24-2011   #76
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

FLEX- Tolbert or Meachem?
DST- Chargers or Ravens?
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011   #77
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
FLEX- Tolbert or Meachem?
DST- Chargers or Ravens?
I'd go Tolbert and Chargers. San Diego's playing the Chiefs. Should be a long day for KC.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011   #78
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatepaki View Post
qb: matt schaub or kevin kolb (right now i'm going with schaub this week, but I'm seeing so many of these 'experts' picking schaub to have a pedestrian game bc he'll be blitzed too much. also other experts are saying that kolb is gonna have a monster game against seattles weak pass D)
rb: chris johnson, matt forte
wr: vincent jackson, stevie johnson
tight end: dustin keller
flex: fred jackson
kicker: john kasay
defense: chargers

on bench: i have mike williams (tampa) who I've been debating to play instead of fjax. also have few other players who won't sniff my starting lineup.

I'm hoping for a big day from schaub.
That's a tough one but I would probably go with Kolb. Houston seems to be a run first team this season and that could hurt Schaubs fantasy producton.
Old 09-24-2011   #79
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 17854 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

flacco @stl or rexi @dal
Old 09-24-2011   #80
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khari View Post
flacco @stl or rexi @dal
I like Flacco's matchup better. I think it could get real ugly for Rex.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read