Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-02-2005   #1
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler
Default For the Guys who Dont Know Football

Improvements

1. Blitzes were varied and more guys sent. Result 2 sacks
2. Offense played with more confidence and moved the ball. Plus found some comfort areas for Carr
3. Playcalling was not stagnant and predictable.
4. DD finally had holes to run through and looked excited to be there.
5. Defense had time to catch breath and showed in holding R.Johnson under 100 for the first time this year.
6. The Team finally played with intesity and fire.

Negatives

1. Loss. This Pisses everyone off, and it should.
2. Carr is still hearing footsteps and holding the ball too long.
3. We tackle worse than girls pop warner.
4. Our defense cannot run zone schemes. They leave windows to open in every space of the field.
5. We are still not getting the ball to AJ.

All in all there was improvements and some definate negatives that we have to overcome to win. I must commend the Coaching staff on coaching the guys up. Good Start Texans!!!

All in all peop
Coach C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #2
phan1
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach C.
4. Our defense cannot run zone schemes. They leave windows to open in every space of the field.
Yeah, our zone schemes have never been that good unless we've been able to pressure the QB (like we've done agaisnt Jacksonville in the past). Palmer has a great arm and was able to shoot through our zones at will today. Hopefully we'll tighten that up because there's always a couple plays when our DBs are totally not communicating and we get beat for 10+ yards.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #3
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

that's why vic fangio should be thrown under the blame bus
Old 10-02-2005   #4
Texan Gal 312
Veteran

i think I could have thrown through the holes in our zones.

Maybe someone who knows football better than I can explain why our outside linebackers (peek especially) never seem to do anything but a speed rush up field. Only one time did I see Peek try to come inside his guy and never did I see any kind of spin move.

We still can't seem to get a blitz where a guy comes free. Why didn't we put more pressure on their centers and guards ? They had their third string center in the game.
Texan Gal 312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #5
Elite
Veteran

you are wight Coach C with this being the Fourth year david should be better than what he is but i think we got stuck with a fraud.
Old 10-02-2005   #6
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Whatever happened to blitzing the run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read