Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 09-18-2011   #1
Ckw

Default The "Who should I sign and drop" thread

I need a WR. I have 7 RBs and should probably drop one and sign a WR.

So my question is who should I drop and who should I sign?

My RBs: LeSean McCoy, Darren McFadden, Ahmad Bradshaw, Reggie Bush, Darren Sproles, Michael Bush, Ladainian Tomlinson

My WRs: Larry Fitzgerald, Mike Williams TB, Santana Moss

Available WRs: Nate Burleson, Jabar Gaffney, Eric Decker, Jacoby Jones, Nate Washington, David Nelson, Denarius Moore (amazing catch today!), Brandon Gibson, Eddie Royal, Arrelious Benn, Steve Breaston, Andre Roberts, Earl Bennett, and Derrick Mason

I am leaning towards Burleson, Washington, or Decker, but I am curious what you guys think.

Also, who should I drop if I should drop someone?

Thanks!!!!

Oh and rep to all (that the system will let me) that comment and leave suggestions.
Old 09-18-2011   #2
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The "Who should I sign and drop" thread

I'd drop LT and pick up Burleson. Only keep bush as a handcuff for Run DMC
Old 09-18-2011   #3
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I'd drop LT and pick up Burleson. Only keep bush as a handcuff for Run DMC
Exactly what I was thinking. But what do you think of Eric Decker? He seems to have higher upside than Burleson but Nate looks to be the safer pickup. Think I should consider Decker? He can do things so many ways either catching the ball, which he is great at, or returning kicks, which he is also great at.
Old 09-18-2011   #4
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not too jazzed about any of the available WRs. The only one that I would consider is dropping Sproles and getting Burleson.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011   #5
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
I'm not too jazzed about any of the available WRs. The only one that I would consider is dropping Sproles and getting Burleson.
Dude, Sproles looks great. I am in a PPR too. Sproles got me 15 points.
Old 09-18-2011   #6
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw View Post
Dude, Sproles looks great. I am in a PPR too. Sproles got me 15 points.
Yeah I just saw he got another TD today. I don't like the RB situation at NO, but it looks like he'll get his especially in a PPR.

I guess I'd drop LT and get Burleson then.
Old 09-20-2011   #7
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14067 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

wait till after the Jets game to scoop up Denarius Moore (its what I'm doing)
Sponsored links
Old 09-22-2011   #8
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
wait till after the Jets game to scoop up Denarius Moore (its what I'm doing)
He's the flavor of the week right now. I wouldn't count on him being around that long.
Old 09-22-2011   #9
Ckw

I am probably a fool, but I just can't seem to find it in me to drop LT. Due to Aaron Hernandez being injured, I was able to move him to IR and sign Eric Decker who I am pretty high on right now. The thing is I'd also really like to sign Moore while he is available, but I can't find it in me to drop anyone. I have this irrational fear that I am going to drop LT, one of my RBs gets injured, then Shonn Greene gets injured too, and LT takes over and dominates the rest of the season for another guy's team.

Crazy, I know... Convince me.
Old 09-22-2011   #10
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14067 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

He's been the flavor of the season to me. I've been high on him since watching him in preseason, he's going to get targets, and he has reliable hands and big play ability, when his QB is not facing an elite pass D (Jets) and has to worry about McFadden, he'll get plenty of opportunities, especially now that DHB and Jacoby Ford are missing time with injuries.
They play the pats in week 4, and they fall into that catagory, which will make him a good flex or WR3 option, then us, then the browns, chiefs, broncos, chargers, then probably a bad plays against the Vikings, Bears, then finishes out the season against Packers, Lions, KC, and the Chargers. The schedule is very receiver friendly especially during the FF playoff time frame. I wasn't expecting him to breakout last week, I really thought it was going to happen week 4 in a much lower tone and continue on through the season with steadily increasing fantasy production.

Its also like he came out of nowhere, yes last week was his biggest week so far, but during preseason he was one of the leading receivers in targets on his team, and that was before they were down to just 3 WR's, he also had a strong week 1 performance. They have 4 banged up receivers, and in oakland, every season a new receiver comes away as the #1, one year it was Chaz Schilens, another it was Louis Murphy. Another upside is he won't have to compete with TE Zach Miller for targets anymore. As Moore continues to do well (this weekend excluded) he will play himself into the starting lineup, and the other receivers are going to have knock him out of that spot, even if they eventually get healthy.

Remember though, think Flex/wr3 option as the season progresses, I'm not trying to make a case for him to be a larry fitzgerald
Old 09-22-2011   #11
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

I guess when I said "flavor of the week," it wasn't any reflection on his talent. I meant that I wouldn't count on him staying on the waiver wire.

The cat's out of the bag on D. Thomas now.
Old 09-22-2011   #12
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
I guess when I said "flavor of the week," it wasn't any reflection on his talent. I meant that I wouldn't count on him staying on the waiver wire.

The cat's out of the bag on D. Thomas now.
D. Thomas? You mean Moore, right?
Old 09-24-2011   #13
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Quote:
D. Thomas? You mean Moore, right?
Yeah I meant Moore, but it's hard not to get these guys mixed up.

We've got Denarius Moore in Oakland, Danario Alexander in St. Louis, and Demaryus Thomas in Denver. I'll also throw in Daniel Thomas for good measure.
Old 09-29-2011   #14
Ckw

Can anyone give me some advice? Stupid espn moved Aaron Hernandez from out to questionable even though there is no way he plays. So, I dropped him. After the trade I just made, I have room to sign another TE (OD is my starting TE but I am not sold on him with the Texans offense now as unpredictable as the Saints). Anyway, I can't decide who to sign: Aaron Hernandez to stash for when he is healthy again or Fred Davis (who looked to be a top 10 TE until this last week).

So who should I sign?
Old 09-29-2011   #15
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 179496 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Can anyone give me some advice? Stupid espn moved Aaron Hernandez from out to questionable even though there is no way he plays. So, I dropped him. After the trade I just made, I have room to sign another TE (OD is my starting TE but I am not sold on him with the Texans offense now as unpredictable as the Saints). Anyway, I can't decide who to sign: Aaron Hernandez to stash for when he is healthy again or Fred Davis (who looked to be a top 10 TE until this last week).

So who should I sign?
The one with the best qb .
Old 09-29-2011   #16
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

So who should I sign?
I don't think either is a bad choice. Hernandez is higher risk but also higher reward imo, Brady has been lights out this season and he likes to go to Hernandez. Fred Davis has been good though and he doesn't have a busted up MCL.
Old 09-29-2011   #17
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

So who should I sign?
I like AH over Davis now that Cooley is getting attention. Davis had 3 targets against the Cowboys, while Cooley had 5. The other games, Davis had 5-7 targets a piece. Seems like a small shift to me, but you may end up with another TE who doesn't get all the TE looks. I like AH when he comes back for sure, but I don't think Davis is an upgrade over OD at this point.
Old 10-05-2011   #18
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

In case it wasn't obvious before, now's a good time to be starting OD. No AJ makes him the #1 receiving target.
Old 10-05-2011   #19
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
In case it wasn't obvious before, now's a good time to be starting OD. No AJ makes him the #1 receiving target.
Without a doubt.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read