Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2011   #1
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 158369 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Houston Texans V Miami Aquatic Mammals Game Day thread

Let's get this thing started! Texans 2-0.
Old 09-18-2011   #2
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx
Default Re: Houston Texans V Miami Aquatic Mammals Game Day thread

I'm superstitious about gameday thread titles, when the opposing teams name is made fun of I feel like we're going to play badly. AHHH save me
Old 09-18-2011   #3
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8706 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

I would love to see another game dominated by the Texans but I think it may be close. Hope I'm wrong and our boys whip some ass!
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011   #4
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Change this thread title immediately.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011   #5
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Calm yourself gentleman.

Last weeks thread referred to the Colts as the ponies if I recall correctly and we know how that ended..... maybe we are onto something for this season.
Old 09-18-2011   #6
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
I'm superstitious about gameday thread titles, when the opposing teams name is made fun of I feel like we're going to play badly. AHHH save me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpFdAFOFCoI

Does that help?
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011   #7
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311116 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't like afternoon or evening games. As a fan, I like my games starting right at noon on Sunday. meh....it's game day, I guess I should stop bitching about stuff and go mix up some koolaid.

Texans 37
Miami 17

Go Texans!!!!!

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-18-2011   #8
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 109012 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Damn 3 o'clock games.....

Texans - 24
Flippers - 21

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011   #9
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default ~

Did anyone catch the Hurricanes/Buckeye game last night? At the beginning of the game, the field already looked bad. There were lifted areas of turf throughout, the entire central 10 yd portion of the entire length of the field were worn to a nubbin and there was exposed dirt on one side of the field between the EZ and the 10 yd line. During the game, you could see chunks of grass flying on many of the plays. By the end of the game, the field
looked like baby shovels had been used to till the earth.

The present forecast for game time conditions:

*40% chance of thunderstorms
*~90 degree
*100% humidity
*~15 mph winds (not including gusts)

Here's to getting out of Miami with a win................and, as important, without additional injuries.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011   #10
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 31996 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Did anyone catch the Hurricanes/Buckeye game last night? At the beginning of the game, the field already looked bad. There were lifted areas of turf throughout, the entire central 10 yd portion of the entire length of the field were worn to a nubbin and there was exposed dirt on one side of the field between the EZ and the 10 yd line. During the game, you could see chunks of grass flying on many of the plays. By the end of the game, the field
looked like baby shovels had been used to till the earth.

The present forecast for game time conditions:

*40% chance of thunderstorms
*~90 degree
*100% humidity
*~15 mph winds (not including gusts)

Here's to getting out of Miami with a win................and, as important, without additional injuries.
That has me worried too, maybe the reason for the later start is to get the field in better shape? Or maybe they brought in some new sod after the game last night? I sure hope so.
Old 09-18-2011   #11
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Put your minds at ease... I got this one.

After returning from a two week west coast trip, instead of hanging out with my kids at home and cleaning up hiking gear and getting rested up for a normal week, my phins bud had indicated that We have always watched the game together in the full history of texans-dolphins game, so when I hinted reluctance to a game day invite at his place, it was pointed out that my absence would guarantee a break in the cosmic alignment that has kept the texans' record flawless against the phins.

The immediate realization that so much was hanging in the balance, I relented and am taking one for the team... so while I'm subjecting myself to witnessing yet another whine-bag dolphin fan cry about the start up texans being lucky, or insert whatever excuse you can think of, by 6pm, you all should be merrily celebrating your asses off, looking forward to a week 3 opportunity for this team to exceed it's last year's attempt at the perfect season!

btw... for anyone willing to help me... text me anytime the texans score. so my cellphone blows up with the sound of "football time in houston"

Last edited by Trail.Blazr; 09-19-2011 at 08:03 AM.
Trail.Blazr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011   #12
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31996 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by _superMario90_ View Post
Put your minds at ease... I got this one.

After returning from a two week west coast trip, instead of hanging out with my kids at home and cleaning up hiking gear and getting rested up for a normal week, my phins bud had indicated that We have always watched the game together in the full history of texans-dolphins game, so when I hinted reluctance to a game day invite at his place, it was pointed out that my absence would guarantee a break in the cosmic alignment that has kept the texans' record flawless against the phins.

The immediate realization that so much was hanging in the balance, I relented and am taking one for the team... so while I'm subjecting myself to witnessing yet another whine-bag dolphin fan cry about the start up texans being lucky, or insert whatever excuse you can think of, by 6pm, you all should be merrily celebrating your asses off, looking forward to a week 3 opportunity for this team to exceed it's last year's attempt at the perfect season!

btw... for anyone willing to help me... text me at 336-451-7953 anytime the texans score. so my cellphone blows up with the sound of "football time in houston"
wow...i hope you have unlimited texting
Old 09-18-2011   #13
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans for Cruelty to Aquatic Mammals.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011   #14
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
That has me worried too, maybe the reason for the later start is to get the field in better shape? Or maybe they brought in some new sod after the game last night? I sure hope so.
The start time has been set long time ago. The rain is not expected to be significant until the early afternoon. There was a much longer field prep time from the Pats game to the Buckeye's game.......and the field still looked like heck from the beginning.

Keep in mind, new sod needs time to "set." If they laid new sod list night or this morning, it will be sliding off its base like an omelet on a greased skillet.
Old 09-18-2011   #15
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
The start time has been set long time ago. The rain is not expected to be significant until the early afternoon. There was a much longer field prep time from the Pats game to the Buckeye's game.......and the field still looked like heck from the beginning.

Keep in mind, new sod needs time to "set." If they laid new sod list night or this morning, it will be sliding off its base like an omelet on a greased skillet.
well, aren't you full of sunshines and rainbows this morning doc? hope we don't get any injuries cause of this sorry field.
Old 09-18-2011   #16
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Hey I like the later start times.

Signed, doesn't like being up at 10am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011   #17
Topher
Darth Tardis

Rep Power: 7226 Topher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respected

Topher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011   #18
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I washed my Texans hat this week ..WTF was I thinking? damn superstitions
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011   #19
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMexVato View Post
I would love to see another game dominated by the Texans but I think it may be close. Hope I'm wrong and our boys whip some ass!
I want to see 110% for 60 minutes. Whether we win, lose, dominate is a secondary concern.

I just think giving everything, with the team we've got, we'll end up winning more than not.
Old 09-18-2011   #20
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

I'm still not comfortable with Manning returning kicks. Jerry Jones was not happy with his HC for putting Bryant in as a returner to begin with.......then he gets injured. And now Jones is hopping mad. Everything's fine in taking chances with your key players (and I'm not just referring to Manning).........until it leads to an injury.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read