Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 09-16-2011   #1
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45767 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Upset Special

I am in a survivor league where I have to pick an underdog each week. Which got me thinking it would be kind of fun to see who people on this board see getting upset each week.

In the league I'm going with Oakland over Buffalo... I picked them last week over Denver in the pick-em league and I'm liking that DMC-Bush combo at RB. I'm not too sold on Buffalo yet either. Any thoughts on this pick, and are there any upset picks you guys see happening this week?
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011   #2
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Upset Special

Quote:
Favored Buf Det Bal Cle Min NO NYJ Pit Was GB Dal Den Hou NE Phi NYG

Underdog Oak KC Ten Ind TB Chi Jac Sea Ari Car SF Cin Mia SD Atl StL
I would say the upsets this week are Oakland, Indy over Cle, Chicago over NO, SF over Dallas, and Atlanta over Philly
Old 09-16-2011   #3
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45767 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I would say the upsets this week are Oakland, Indy over Cle, Chicago over NO, SF over Dallas, and Atlanta over Philly
I agree with the SF & Indy picks. I also have Tampa Bay beating Minnesota. New Orleans has had ten days to prepare for this game and it's at home. I see a win for NO.
Old 09-16-2011   #4
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
I agree with the SF & Indy picks. I also have Tampa Bay beating Minnesota. New Orleans has had ten days to prepare for this game and it's at home. I see a win for NO.
I don't think TB's all that great. They are hyped a bit thanks to an easy schedule last year. This year... well I dunno, but I like AP against their defense.
Old 09-18-2011   #5
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Quote:
So far, I'm 13/14 this week. Only mistake was picking the Ravens, which I'm sure everyone else did too
What to believe? Obviously you went with Tampa Bay, Dallas, Buffalo, New Orleans & Cleveland this week in pick-em. Did you not really believe the upsets you picked or what?
Old 09-18-2011   #6
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
What to believe? Obviously you went with Tampa Bay, Dallas, Buffalo, New Orleans & Cleveland this week in pick-em. Did you not really believe the upsets you picked or what?
Oh, I didn't even look at that for the pick'em. I made those picks on Tuesday. I'm in so many fantasy things that I don't really spend much time thinking about the pickem and survivor games. I just go with gut instinct initially and leave it be.
Old 09-18-2011   #7
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Oh, I didn't even look at that for the pick'em. I made those picks on Tuesday. I'm in so many fantasy things that I don't really spend much time thinking about the pickem and survivor games. I just go with gut instinct initially and leave it be.
Understandable, I just knew you went with a lot of the same upsets I had in this thread and didn't end up going with it in the pick-em league.

I might start going with fewer upsets. I had four picked & only one ended up happening (TB winning).
Sponsored links
Old 09-18-2011   #8
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

I went with Atlanta and Tampa for upsets. Not really sure why, but meh.
Old 09-18-2011   #9
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57075 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

2 out of 3 on my 'dogs today, and 13/15 overall. Good day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011   #10
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Understandable, I just knew you went with a lot of the same upsets I had in this thread and didn't end up going with it in the pick-em league.

I might start going with fewer upsets. I had four picked & only one ended up happening (TB winning).
Now I remember what this was all about, your OP said you had to pick one upset this week. I was listing the upsets I would pick from if I was in that league. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 09-24-2011   #11
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

I'm going with Atlanta as my upset this week, though I don't really see them as an underdog against Tampa Bay. This isn't the week I'm going with fewer upsets as I have five picked in the pick-em league.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read