Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 08-25-2011   #1
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default James Casey...Fantasy Sleeper?

So I'm looking over the Saints game and James Casey has me a little curious about drafting him. I noticed the kind of match up problem he presents by being in the backfield and then going wide. I noticed he got alot of attention over the last two games. Nothing earth shattering but he kind of showed to be another safety valve for Schaub. Could James Casey actually be a decent pick up in fantasy? If so, how is he going to be listed, FB or TE?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011   #2
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 32050 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: James Casey...Fantasy Sleeper?

Yahoo has him listed as a TE. Do not want.
Old 08-25-2011   #3
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Foster, Daniels, Andre, Jacoby, Dressen, Tate, Ward, Casey.....

I'm not sure about the order of the first seven guys, but I'm pretty sure Casey is at best the 8th option on this team.

Pass

Ω
Old 08-25-2011   #4
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

I'm not sure about the order of the first seven guys, but I'm pretty sure Casey is at best the 8th option on this team.

Pass

Ω
Casey will probably be On the field as much or more as all of those guys except the obvious 3 on your list.

But I don't see him as a big time fantasy guy.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011   #5
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18100 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

I was thinking the same exact thing. I think he's a sleeper worth watching, but not drafting.

If Kubiak wants a better blocker, Vickers should start. But if Casey gets the nod, I assume it's because of his receiving skills. He'd be awesome for play action TDs at the goal-line.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011   #6
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1028 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Umm, no.

First, Vickers will be taking his spot at FB when the season rolls on. So when Casey goes back to TE, he'll be behind Daniels and Joel D.

Unless Kubiak run 10 TEs out there with no backfield (which I wouldn't be surprised), Casey is a fantasy dud.

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011   #7
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the Saint's Jimmy Graham is the best TE sleeper, assuming people don't know about him.

Other than that, Greg Olsen, Zach Miller or Ben Watson are the other TE sleepers on my boards.
Old 08-25-2011   #8
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29597 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

JC is one of my fav TEXAN players, but, he won't be on my FF team! I've played FF over 20 yrs, and won more than I've lost, so I'm not a dud at picking fantasy players just because i'm a woman. He won't get ya needed points. JMO!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011   #9
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 58383 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I've seen Marcedes Lewis going pretty late. Dude had 700 yards and 10 TD's I think. Pretty good for a guy getting picked in the 10th round.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011   #10
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
I've seen Marcedes Lewis going pretty late. Dude had 700 yards and 10 TD's I think. Pretty good for a guy getting picked in the 10th round.
Really? I did a draft last night and he went 64th overall.
Old 08-25-2011   #11
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 32050 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Really? I did a draft last night and he went 64th overall.
I got him at pick 117 in my money league. Yahoo has him at 115 ADP. I would say whoever picked him in your league made a gigantic reach.
Old 08-25-2011   #12
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
I got him at pick 117 in my money league. Yahoo has him at 115 ADP. I would say whoever picked him in your league made a gigantic reach.
It was a run on TE's, and someone got nervous. Not a big deal in the 6th, but he may get more targets this year without SimsWalker.
Old 08-26-2011   #13
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 11679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Valid contributors to the team and the fantasy world don't always go hand in hand. I think he can create matchup problems and be used as a great decoy out of the backfield, ala Reggie Bush.
Old 09-07-2011   #14
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I couldn't help it. I picked up Casey with my last pick in our draft. He's backing up Graham from New Orleans.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Pass

Ω
I may very well have been wrong here. Looks like Kubiak has a whole chapter in the play-book for this guy.
Old 09-12-2011   #16
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
I may very well have been wrong here. Looks like Kubiak has a whole chapter in the play-book for this guy.
Casey had 3 catches for 29 yards. That's nothing in terms of fantasy football.
Old 09-12-2011   #17
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 157572 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Casey had a play yesterday (think it was the Ward TD) where he absolutely destroyed the LB he was blocking. Then he had the one where he got knocked into the backfield and killed the run.

Neither of those show up on a FF stat sheet.
Old 09-12-2011   #18
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 11679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

This guy is a mismatch problem no doubt about it, and if there was a FB position in fantasy, i'd probably take him. He moves all around the field, catches balls, and devastates would-be tacklers. Beast!
Old 09-12-2011   #19
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Casey had 3 catches for 29 yards. That's nothing in terms of fantasy football.
It's only week one. I'm just saying it looks like he is going to be a bigger & bigger part of this offense as we go forward.
Old 09-25-2011   #20
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Just to reiterate, I was way wrong about Casey as a fantasy sleeper.

5 catches, 126 yards & a TD so far.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read