Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 09-12-2011   #41
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 6605 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: 2011 TexansTalk Survivor Pick 'em League!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Canada View Post
Haha.. exactly... who could feel better off trusting the Browns and Chiefs going into this season... Those of you that picked the Cardinals and their were many.. dodged a bullet chumps
I went with the Cardinals, but they were actually my 4th choice; I wanted to go with the Browns or Chiefs but I kept changing my mind. I thought of going with the Buccaneers but Detroit's on the rise, so I held off. I just hoped for the best with Arizona, so I can't complain. The Chiefs must be giving everybody 2nd thoughts right now.
Old 09-12-2011   #42
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2011 TexansTalk Survivor Pick 'em League!

I had the 9ers picked but I took the Browns due to Alex Smith. Ugh....I think I must have some self-imposed lockout karma hitting back. The friggin' skidmarks. I must be a glutton for punishment.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011   #43
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28847 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Tiger View Post
I went with the Cardinals, but they were actually my 4th choice; I wanted to go with the Browns or Chiefs but I kept changing my mind. I thought of going with the Buccaneers but Detroit's on the rise, so I held off. I just hoped for the best with Arizona, so I can't complain. The Chiefs must be giving everybody 2nd thoughts right now.
I had 2nd thoughts the entire preseason about the Chiefs. It was the reason I was hesitant to pick them this week. I didn't see them losing 41-7 to the Bills, though.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011   #44
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

This week I'm going with the Bills! Ride the hot streak!
Old 09-12-2011   #45
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28847 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
This week I'm going with the Bills! Ride the hot streak!
I won't say exactly who I will pick yet as I tend to change my mind frequently, but after a strike this week it will likely be between Green Bay, Baltimore or Pittsburgh.
Old 09-13-2011   #46
BetaV1
Veteran

Rep Power: 3508 BetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Canada View Post
Haha.. exactly... who could feel better off trusting the Browns and Chiefs going into this season... Those of you that picked the Cardinals and their were many.. dodged a bullet chumps
I'm not a fan of "saving" teams for later. The goal is to survivor the current week so you live to fight the next. Hard to use the Patriots and Ravens when you're out by week 3 because you thought the Browns and Chiefs could get you by. Then again, this is triple elimination, soooo....

-Credit to False Start for this signature-
BetaV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011   #47
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetaV1 View Post
I'm not a fan of "saving" teams for later. The goal is to survivor the current week so you live to fight the next. Hard to use the Patriots and Ravens when you're out by week 3 because you thought the Browns and Chiefs could get you by. Then again, this is triple elimination, soooo....
That's good advice and I tend to agree, but if you go far at all in this league you will have to be picking teams like Cleveland down the road. Looking at Cleveland's schedule the weakest team on it looked to be Cincinnati (possibly Seattle?). At home, and facing a team thought to be one of the worst who is starting a rookie QB, I took my chance with Cleveland. It didn't work out but any given Sunday, right? If you look at 'pick distribution' for survivor games the #2 & #4 highest picks both got beat this week & the #1 could have very easily.
Old 09-13-2011   #48
BetaV1
Veteran

Rep Power: 3508 BetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
That's good advice and I tend to agree, but if you go far at all in this league you will have to be picking teams like Cleveland down the road. Looking at Cleveland's schedule the weakest team on it looked to be Cincinnati (possibly Seattle?). At home, and facing a team thought to be one of the worst who is starting a rookie QB, I took my chance with Cleveland. It didn't work out but any given Sunday, right? If you look at 'pick distribution' for survivor games the #2 & #4 highest picks both got beat this week & the #1 could have very easily.
While Cleveland's schedule seems hard later on, there are only 17 teams you'll need to be picking in this thing assuming it's for regular season only. That means you have 15 teams you won't ever touch. Cleveland will probably be one of them for me. Plus who knows what can happen later in the season to affect matches? Imagine saving the Packers because they have a seemingly easy matchup in week 11 against the Bucs at Green Bay...only to have Rodgers go down in week 10.

Then again, who am I? lol. These things are so up to chance it's crazy. Honestly, I didn't expect Cleveland to lose that game either. I had them picked in a straight pick'ems pool, but how 'bout dem Bengals. Like you said, any given Sunday.

-Credit to False Start for this signature-
BetaV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011   #49
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Bengals rookie qb, rookie wr, and losing key players such as Carson Palmer, Joseph and Chad Johnson....eh, leave it to the Browns to lose here.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011   #50
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 56852 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow. I think over half the users lost with the Browns and Chiefs. Including myself...(Browns)

This week I need a 100% guaranteed win. I finished top 2 in the last 2 years doing this on this message board. Gotta get back in the game!
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011   #51
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

I went 7-3 in the early games today. The one's I got wrong were Buffalo, Cleveland & Tennessee all winning.

Oops. Saw pick-em & thought it was the pick-em league thread.
Old 09-21-2011   #52
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 56852 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Wow. I think over half the users lost with the Browns and Chiefs. Including myself...(Browns)

This week I need a 100% guaranteed win. I finished top 2 in the last 2 years doing this on this message board. Gotta get back in the game!
Almost had a heart attack picking the Packers and seeing the Panthers start fast like that. Week three has a few interesting choices. Alot of road teams will be picked I think. I also see an upset special giving alot of people a strike.
Old 09-21-2011   #53
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Almost had a heart attack picking the Packers and seeing the Panthers start fast like that. Week three has a few interesting choices. Alot of road teams will be picked I think. I also see an upset special giving alot of people a strike.
Any guesses on who that upset will be? The majority seem to be going with San Diego this week (58%). The only other team being picked above six percent is Pittsburgh (13%).
Old 09-22-2011   #54
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I went with the Jets last week just to assure the win. I think I'll keep doing that. Dogging on KC, SEA and Indy from here on out.
Old 09-22-2011   #55
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Any guesses on who that upset will be? The majority seem to be going with San Diego this week (58%). The only other team being picked above six percent is Pittsburgh (13%).
Rule #1. Dont bank on a divisional game. You never know what is going to happen. Also they are very familiar with eachother so its not like KC will be surprised.

I can see KC giving SD a game in SD. Possibly winning.
Old 09-22-2011   #56
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm getting killed in this thing...0fer 2 and neither has even been remotely close.

Chiefs/Bills and Ravens/Titans.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011   #57
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Stan View Post
I'm getting killed in this thing...0fer 2 and neither has even been remotely close.

Chiefs/Bills and Ravens/Titans.
I am thinking the Ravens were on cloud 9 all week celebrating their win against a divisional Steelers team, and forgot how to prepare. I think getting smacked in the mouth by the Titans will get them grounded and they should bounce back this week.
Old 09-22-2011   #58
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Rule #1. Dont bank on a divisional game. You never know what is going to happen. Also they are very familiar with eachother so its not like KC will be surprised.

I understand, but I'm hedging my bets on San Diego this week. Kansas City's offense has looked pathetic so far and their best offensive player (Charles) is out for the year. Their defense has also given up over 40 points in back to back weeks. After losing to New England in a tough game, San Diego has to rebound at home against a weak Kansas City squad.

Quote:
I am thinking the Ravens were on cloud 9 all week celebrating their win against a divisional Steelers team, and forgot how to prepare. I think getting smacked in the mouth by the Titans will get them grounded and they should bounce back this week.
So you're going with Baltimore this week?
Old 09-26-2011   #59
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:

That game was definitely closer than I thought it would be. I don't think that Pittsburgh pick made you feel any more comfortable than Green Bay last week, though.
Old 09-26-2011   #60
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Eh, survived another week. We had a few people strike out this week, but none of them even made a pick this week. Keep up with your picks, this is a big group and winning it will be pretty badass!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read